• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 18, 2019

    Sekiro - How Sekiro Feels Like After You've Mastered The Deflect Mechanic

    Sekiro - How Sekiro Feels Like After You've Mastered The Deflect Mechanic


    How Sekiro Feels Like After You've Mastered The Deflect Mechanic

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:56 AM PST

    Credit goes to u/royalxassasin for the original post

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:51 PM PST

    OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST RECIEVED

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:02 PM PST

    Here we go, first run, wish me luck.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:03 PM PST

    The first Strand type game

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:10 AM PST

    Hidetaka Miyazaki: "We want to say thank you to all the players who have played and supported Sekiro."

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    made a Techwear Sekiro. (Congrats on GOTY btw)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:54 PM PST

    I drew papa Owl!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:02 PM PST

    i just finished senpou temple: where is the 'adopt him' option

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:14 AM PST

    Gamespot's Game Of The Year 2019 -- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:44 AM PST

    The mortal blade if it was in literally any other game

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:57 PM PST

    no hard feelings

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:40 AM PST

    Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze might be one of my favorite overall enemy in the game.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:08 PM PST

    As soon as you enter his room you can see him waiting patiently for Sekiro. He already knows you're there so you can't sneak death blow him, you can't spam attack on him, cheesing him makes him more difficult than he really is and any other strategy takes way too long to kill him. There is only one effective strategy against him: deflecting his Ashina Cross perfectly.

    This boss was intended to be defeated this way. The satisfaction that you get from perfectly parrying his Iaijustu is something that, in my opinion, you can't get from any other enemy. Being able to do this, at all, makes you feel like an actual Samurai in an Anime or something. It's really fucking incredible. There's something about quick drawing a katana that is just so cool.

    I love this game. I really hope there are more enemies like him.

    submitted by /u/brevitx
    [link] [comments]

    Might have set myself up for a real good challenge. Charmless and Demon-bell on a new game

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 10:07 PM PST

    I remember seeing somewhere that you could only go charmless in NG+and subsequent playthroughs. I loaded up sekiro after 6 months, wondering if i wanted to start NG+4 after having completed all endings.

    But then i wanted to see how differently I'd do New Game, given the experience I've had. So i started a new save, and i got the option of giving back Kuro's Charm. That's where i decided to make things real difficult for myself. After reaching the 1st headless, I sprinted through to the hidden door to get the Demon Bell as well.

    Fast forward to yesterday, just defeated Gyoubu Oniwa, which wasn't bad at all. Hirata estate however, is proving to be a problem. I'm at the point where Juzou the drunkard guards the door with his henchmen. All these regular enemies can two-shot me, and Juzou is a one-shot sushi maker. Adding to this, i dont have all the prosthetic upgrades, don't have enough skills (Even the ones that increase the health gained by using the gourd/pellets)

    So yeah, this is proving to be quite the run. But, it's also rekindled my interest in doing a full playthrough once again, unlike the NG+ cycles where Sekiro is pretty much loaded with everything.

    If any of you want to get back into the game, i strongly recommend this New Game Charmless and Demon-bell run. It's gonna give you a lot of shit to deal with.

    submitted by /u/Cry5233
    [link] [comments]

    I was downright terrified she followed me to the idol

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:10 PM PST

    I finally got one hundred percent after hundreds of hours.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:09 PM PST

    I lost myself.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 11:19 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'll tell a little about my sekiro experience.

    Basically i'm a "new player", I'm pre-genichiro and wow, the game is really hard, before sekiro I played a lot ds2,ds3, bloodborne and a little of nioh, so I tought that it wasn't going to be too hard.... biggest mistake ever, the game punched my face twice on the 1st 30 min on the 1st boss, yeah, I know that we are supposed to lose on him, but hey, i literally gave only 1 attack on him before dying, well, anyways, I continued on my way until I found the chained ogre and wow, what a ridiculously op mini-boss...that's what I tought before seeing what was waiting for me....then i did the hinata estate, my died more than twice with the mini-bosses and lady butterfly, then gave up and came back to ashina, where I found ashina castle after a lot of trouble , then after dying even more I found my nemesis.... Genichiro Ashina

    He wasn't just any boss, he literally was my:" hey, you fucking suck at this game" wall, I spent all the time that I had on the game trying to beat him, dying over and over, until I finally reached my limit and said: fuck this game.

    That's where I lost myself. As a soulsborne player i never gave up, no matter how hard was the challenge, even if i was being spanked i didn't gave up.

    Today i was playing skyrim (just to give a base of how much time passed without even opening sekiro, i got from lvl 0 to 26 in titanfall 2 online and from 0 to 44 in skyrim) and i saw sekiro on the side of my 2 favorite games: Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne and after some time thinking i said to myself: yeah, I think that I'm ready again.

    Then i tried again the game, re-learned how to play and tried genichiro again...same results, then i needed to accept something that I didn't want to: Sekiro isn't dark souls, it's a new game and i don't know how to play.

    After this i spent 30m - 1h training, then tried lady butterfly, and defeated her in my 3rd try, now there's only genichiro, now I'm capable of reaching his 3rd phase way easier, but i still need more training, so that's what I'm doing, training over and over to beat him, but I'm never going to give up again, that's because this is my shinobi way.

    submitted by /u/rdmorigen
    [link] [comments]

    Do battle memories actually make a difference in NG+?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:35 PM PST

    Do I actually get stronger or Enemies/Bosses health and posture get rounded up with each playthrough so the game doesn't go by so easily? I'm on the beginning of my 3rd playthrough and I am really curious

    submitted by /u/TheLxvers
    [link] [comments]

    An Honest Assessment

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    So, gaming is definitely more than a hobby for me. I enjoy taking my time learning the ins and outs of a particular game , and accordingly increase the difficulty on subsequent playthroughs. Still, based on what I had read about Dark Souls /Bloodbourne type games , I religiously stayed away from even attempting to play such games which have such a steep learning curve, and heavy penalties for dying.

    When I first read about Sekiro, I was straightaway interested in playing. Something about sword fights really grabs my attention. And then, I learnt the developers behind Sekiro are none other than the makers of DS/BB. I read up a little bit on the game play and how the reactions were to the game in general. Encouraged by some opinions that it was not as difficult as the others, I finally bought it. That was in July.

    The initial playthrough was not so bad, didn't focus on deflect mechanics at all. Just stealth and picking up items and levelling up. Right up until the Blazing Bull. That bastard nearly made me break the controller. However, something clicked after that.

    I started paying more attention to deflect and counter tactics, knowing when to attack and when not to. And boy, I was suddenly playing a completely different game, probably the way the makers intended it to be. All ninjas/generals were dutifully dispatched after painfully learning deflect timings etc. Right until it was time to face Genichiro.

    I had imagined it would take me a good few weeks to beat him, given time constraints etc. But the more I played , the more I enjoyed the encounter even though got my ass handed to me so many times. And finally, couple of hours ago, executed the 4th deathblow on him without dying once, and losing just a slice of health, AND by executing Lightning Reversal!

    The battle ended way too soon. Kind of missing fighting the bad ass now. Cannot wait to complete my first playthrough(whenever that happens!) , And load up NG+.

    I thought God of War was a once in a lifetime experience , and then...This Masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/siddhant13
    [link] [comments]

    Phantom kunai mess up

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:03 PM PST

    So im trying to get a lot of stuff in endgame and one of those things is the phantom kunai the merchant is already dead so is there any other way

    submitted by /u/FMP50000
    [link] [comments]

    After taking a long break from Sekiro, I came back for the platinum trophy!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:12 AM PST

    spoiler As soon as I got to this boss, I was trying to beat him for hours almost daily and after a total of 7 days trying, I stopped for a few months... but today I decided to try again and kept trying until I finally managed to defeat him!!!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:11 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment