• Breaking News

    Friday, December 13, 2019

    Sekiro - Sekiro | GAME OF THE YEAR 2019

    Sekiro - Sekiro | GAME OF THE YEAR 2019


    Sekiro | GAME OF THE YEAR 2019

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 08:42 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Here to announce Sekiro has won GAME OF THE YEAR at the Game Awards 2019, as well as Best Action Adventure Game!

    Join our Discord Server here to join us in Celebrating!

    Please keep discussion regarding this topic to this thread while we clean up the Subreddit a bit!

    submitted by /u/AOD_Saenai
    [link] [comments]

    Join the r/Sekiro Discord Server!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    Sekiro has won Game of The Year 2019 at TGA!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 08:38 PM PST

    Congratz to the team!

    Confirmation

    Completely amazing!

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    Loyal Wolf deserve it

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:02 PM PST

    The highest risk iFrames move I’ve ever made

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:28 AM PST

    Owl Father during GOTY announcement, thank you Sekiro well deserved

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 08:49 PM PST

    Sword Saint Isshin's second stage be like:

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:55 PM PST

    My first reaction when I learned Sekiro was awarded GOTY

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:04 PM PST

    Vin at the Game Awards be like...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:04 PM PST

    Finally beat Guardian Ape. Been stuck between him and Corrupted Monk for 3 months.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 03:23 PM PST

    The Game Awards - Live Discussion Thread

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 04:30 PM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Sekiro won GAME OF THE YEAR and Best Action/Adventure Game!

    Be sure to join our Discord Server right here!

    submitted by /u/AOD_Saenai
    [link] [comments]

    The face you make after you beat that big, fat, ugly, drunk bastard

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:55 PM PST

    Sekiro managed to change "Git gud" to "Hesitation is defeat"

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:56 AM PST

    That alone should win it GotY

    submitted by /u/GrubsLudwig
    [link] [comments]

    Good luck to From Software tonight at TGA.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:41 PM PST

    We all know it's worthy of many awards, and hopefully it wins several tonight.

    submitted by /u/FaG_Noris
    [link] [comments]

    You know that stomp on enemies weapon move? Yeah they stole it from a cat.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 06:09 PM PST

    TGA Winner Card for Sekiro

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:35 PM PST

    Rail to the sunken valley

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:57 AM PST

    I DID IT. I BEAT IT. I BEAT IT HAHAHAHHAHA (First timer)

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:07 PM PST

    OMG I WAS WATCHING THE GAME AWARDS ON MIXER AND I SAID FUCK IT I NEED TO BE SWORD SAINT WHEN SEKIRO WON. IT TOOK ME TWO HOURS AND I JUST BEAT HIM. HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA

    THIS IS AMAZING. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. I BEAT SEKIRO. EVERY BOSS, EVERY SIDE QUEST, EVERYTHING.

    OMG.

    Sorry for the caps. I am on cloud 999999999 right now.

    Time to go get the true ending. First playthrough.

    I am beyond happy. Thank you all for this subreddit I have blown off a lot of steam here.

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    Wow.... Genichiro...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 02:14 PM PST

    What a fun boss. Only took me 6 tries and I'm VERY bad at this game. I died 67 times to the ninja guy Jinsuke Saze before Genichiro.

    This was just a fun ass boss. Every time I died I wasnt even mad because I had fun fighting him. His health goes down quick, his block dwindles quickly if you stay on him, and he really doesnt do much damage. The third phase was easier than the first two for me.

    For the record, I didnt parry or block at all, except for the first couple attacks right at the beginning of the fight. I just dodged and rolled, and stayed on him. I also probably over leveled a bit, and had 8 flasks or whatever they're called.

    But wow, just what I fun boss. No BS attacks, no BS summons, just an absolute slugfest. Might be my favorite boss fight ever.

    submitted by /u/xOfMalice
    [link] [comments]

    Why The Hate Against For Winning?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:34 PM PST

    Keep reading how people in twitch and other places got furious saying rigged and such, hoping someone could explain more? I just watched it on YouTube so didn't see any chat. Also, FUCK YES VINDICATION. Few friends swore this would lose to control of death stranding and I would've been very sad.

    submitted by /u/VincentChaos18
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get better at this game

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:39 PM PST

    I've tried so many times and it just won't click. I've platinumed Bloodborne and played through both DS1 and 3 multiple times. I'm not even trying to play Sekiro like those games, I fully understand how important parrying is. But like, I'm at Genichiro and I die over 30 times to every miniboss. Even when I was first starting out in From games with BB the most I died to a boss was 9-10 to Gascoigne, yet in this game I get bent over every single time. Is it a reaction time issue? I assumed being able to beat other souls games meant my reaction speed was good enough but maybe Sekiro just demands more. Idk, Id love to get into the game because From is my favorite studio but I'm pretty close to giving up

    submitted by /u/CinematicFlash
    [link] [comments]

    That orchestra bit at the game awards tho

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:32 PM PST

    Towards the end of the show they did a orchestra bit with all the GOTY games and they played the Sekiro menu theme. It was divine

    submitted by /u/blackleg69
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Story Issue With Great Shinobi Boss Fight

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:16 PM PST

    I'm still in the middle of my third playthrough, NG+2, doing purification now, so I haven't actually fought Owl (Father). Not including him, Great Shinobi Owl is easily my favourite boss in the game, he's the perfect cross of an incredibly deep and interesting villain with a real emotional importance to Wolf, and being a super unique boss with all his shinobi techniques. The way he fights perfectly represents the conflict at this point in the story, and aligns with him as a character. He plays dirty, willing not only to try and manipulate his son into being his tool of destruction, but killing and insulting him if he refuses.

    Here arises my one issue with this, or maybe it's more of a confusion. The line when you finally beat him, and he says "That's my boy". I was shocked when I heard it because it was so out of character. Definitely not reflective of him dismissing you as a stray dog if he wins. When Isshin congratulates you for beating him, it feels right. Even though Genichiro's final wish means more to him than your friendship, he still respects you if you win, because being so in love with fighting and battle, Isshin admires anyone who can defeat him in a one on one, and treats you as if you earned your victory. As much as he cares about Genichiro, Emma, and all of Ashina, his one true passion is combat, and he's proud to die to a mightier foe.

    There is absolutely ZERO indication that Owl feels the same way. When he orders you to forsake Kuro, he clearly tries to manipulate you with the teachings of the Iron Code, and when you refuse, he is not only ready to kill you, but he's more than content to do it in the least fair way possible. He tries to silently backstab you, and when that fails, he uses every slimy (literally in phase 2), scumbag trick up his sleeve, even pretending to yield so he can get in a quick hit. That's exactly why I love him. Wolf is right when he says "The code must be determined by the individual", because his father, who taught him nearly everything he knows, is pure, heartless evil incarnate. Wolf has to come to terms with the fact that he was brought up by this man, and then overcome and kill his own dad. When Owl says "That's my boy", it almost makes you regret killing him, because he treats you with some respect, however it totally isn't earned, and isn't as interesting as the realization that your father truly was a horrible man.

    TL;DR, it seems out of character how Owl congratulates you for beating him, considering how heartless and cruel he is to you in the rest of the fight and the cutscene before it. Did anyone interpret this differently? If this change of heart from Owl is somehow made more clear by the second fight with him, please don't spoil it, I still haven't finished that.

    submitted by /u/MingecantBias
    [link] [comments]

    How prepared can you truly get for the Genichiro fight? Quite a bit, actually...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 02:42 PM PST

    If we counted up all of the times someone's asked about DLC

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:59 AM PST

    It would probably equal the number of times I died to Genichiro in NG.

    submitted by /u/dance_kick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment