• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Sekiro - Isshin the Jedi saint

    Sekiro - Isshin the Jedi saint


    Isshin the Jedi saint

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:58 AM PST

    My journey finally begins... Wish me luck

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:13 AM PST

    Hey look this guy encountered O'Rin of the Water irl

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:41 PM PST

    I just realized why the first soldiers outside Kuro's tower are almost 3 times weaker than the identic ones on Ashina outskirt

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Got the game day one, have been playing it since then from time to time, and I've asked myself that question a bunch of times.

    Today I realized the answer was actually obvious as crap. It's not just a "tutorial ennemies are weaker for tutorial sake" type of thing. It's way simple than that : the soldiers outside the tower aren't weaker than the ones on Ashina outskirts.

    In fact, the reason why Wolf almost one-shots them at first encounter, but then needs a few defects to defeat them is because he has 2 arms at the beginning. Then, he becomes significantly weaker because the prosthetics isn't the arm he trained with all his life.

    Yeah I know, took me long enough, but hey it's never too late to find out.

    submitted by /u/Ghirahim_sama
    [link] [comments]

    I'm tired of being a beta gamer with no Soulsborn experience, gonna change that by 100%-ing this game, wish me luck!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Sekiro is my first From Software game and I love it

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:21 PM PST

    I bought Sekiro a couple of days ago, after I played a lot of Remnant: From the Ashes. I never really played a From Software game (besides Dark Souls 1 a couple of years ago, where I stopped at the Taurus Demon), but the setting looked cool and I wanted a challenge so I bought it.

    And I love it. It's challenging, but rewarding and movement and combat is so fluid and fun. I died a couple of times in the area before the chained ogre, but after some tries I thought I got a hang of the fighting system. Then the fucking ogre came and killed me like 15 times or more, I don't know. I cursed a lot and went to bed, expecting it to be easier the next day. And I was right: the next moring something had clicked. I felt the rhythm - Hit Hit Dodge - and killed him first try. He suddenly felt easy, but I was happy nevertheless.

    I thought now I have some time to breath, but the next miniboss was already waiting! It was really fun to sneak around, find a good route to kill all the minions and then attack the boss. He killed me 3 or 4 times but felt much easier than the ogre, because you can parry his attacks and that feels easier for me than dodging somehow.

    The next part felt awesome! First the roaring and the little earthquake, where I thought "Oh fuck, what will happen next?" and suddenly this HUGE FUCKING SNAKE EATS ME! Really cool moment and it felt super intense to hide and flee from it. After some tries I knew the route and knew what to do. And now I'm standing in the castle, watching this giant court, knowing that the general on his horse is waiting for me (I spoiled myself a little bit, unfortunately). I saved there and drove to my parents for the weekend to visit them. I can't wait to play this game again, that's why I'm typing this, to cope with the craving ;).

    I rarely played a game that triggered so many emotions in such a short time - anger, pride, curiosity, humility, joy, frustration, anxiety. Thank you From Software for this piece of art!

    submitted by /u/Nilso
    [link] [comments]

    I wonder how this cat got his name...

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:32 PM PST

    Just beat Isshin...Wow, that's all I can say

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:30 PM PST

    I made a post on here maybe a week or so ago, basically bitching about the game. I said I didn't like the game and would only beat it out of spite and hatred for it.

    Well here I am, watching the credits roll, and my attitude has completely changed about the game. I still have some issues with inconsistencies and whatnot, but most of my issues honestly stemmed from Getting Good.

    I started working on Isshin last Sunday. I only spent a but on him, as I knew I would be dying quite a bit. After not being able to play all week I was determined to kill him thins evening.

    It was really an awesome experience watching myself progress. I began the evening dying to Genichiro often, but still making it into the Isshin portion. After many deaths I noticed that I began getting flawless kills on Genichiro while getting deeper into the first dot of Isshin.

    The things started to click and a couple hours later I felt like a God damn real Shinobi. Dodging and defecting, timing shit perfectly. It was awesome seeing the progress.

    And then I finally got the damn kill, which required me know learning how to Lightning Reverse because for some reason I hadn't up to that point. It all ended with a Mikiri counter, which ironically enough, I had trouble using all throughout the game for some reason. But Isshin forced me to master the timing and that paid off with a kill.

    My only other Souls experience is DS3, and up until this point Gael sat heads and shoulders above all other bosses for me. But I believe Isshin is now my all time favorite boss battle.

    Sekiro is a masterpiece.

    submitted by /u/hashcrypt
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone make a mod of Sekiro that replaces the player death sound with Dunkey's line of "Thank you Dark Souls"?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:37 PM PST

    I was never a huge Darksouls fan but this game deserves all the praise in the world.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 06:27 PM PST

    Obligatory Platinum Post

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:00 PM PST

    The besttool fora shinobi

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:59 AM PST

    After 106 hours I did it!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 04:08 AM PST

    How cool would it be if you could save boss fights?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 02:07 PM PST

    I wish you could save boss fights and revisit them in Sekiro. I know you can keep a save file on hand but it would be so much cooler if they implemented a mechanic where after you defeat a boss you can go into an Arena-type mode and revisit bosses you've already defeated. They could do something with the memories you get from beating them and let you revisit those memories through meditation or at an idol kinda like how you got to Hirata Estate in the beginning. Just a thought...

    submitted by /u/MrZappz
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:26 PM PST

    Absolutely loved this game. Never really been a new game plus guy with any game and nothing will change here, but goddamn if I could recommend a game to someone, this would be it. Crazy to think how hard bosses are to begin with them all of sudden you breeze through them. Isshin was such a fitting end with difficulty as the final boss. From struggling to get through his first phase to getting through Genichiro and Isshins first phase untouched just shows how well it was made. Learning moves and literally taking the biggest hint throughout the game 'hesitation is defeat'. Love the aggressive style of play.

    submitted by /u/PraisedMeat8188
    [link] [comments]

    Question about New Game +

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:21 PM PST

    Hi, I kind of read ahead and saw that there are 4 endings to the games. While I don't know what exactly happens in the endings, I know the Asura end is the "bad end".

    I'd like to do this end first so I can get it over with and do the more fun endings last. Although, I am concerned about the stuff I'll miss like the last gourd seed I'm missing, some lapis, dragon mask fragments, etc.

    If I do the Asura Ending first, will I be able to have a chance to grab all the missing items I don't have in the next playthrough New Game +?

    submitted by /u/MrZangaroo
    [link] [comments]

    Hesitation is defeat

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:43 AM PST

    SEKIRO Arthur Morgan Mod Vs Owl Father Credit to -- Eyedeability

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Me, during second ape encounter

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:22 AM PST

    I did it!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    The Shura Ending Explained - Sekiro Lore and History

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:24 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeGtM-D7YTM&t=148s

    Hello again everyone! Today, I will be taking a different kind of look at Sekiro as we start a small series analyzing the different endings of the game and what they mean. As always, feel free to watch my video linked above or read my post on the topic below. That said, let's not waste any time and jump right into it with the first of the four endings, Shura.

    The Shura ending in the game is the ending that most people who played the game are familiar with since it takes place so much earlier than the other endings. It's also an ending that many people probably stumbled into if they decided to follow Owl's words of advice from the beginning of the game. It's the ending that is considered by many to be the "bad" ending to the game as well. However, in spite of this, I would say that this ending reveals a number of interesting things that I feel are worth mentioning.

    Let's start by doing a basic rundown of the ending and then breaking it down from there. The path to the Shura ending begins after confronting Owl atop Ashina Castle once Kuro rejects his offer. From here, we are offered a choice; to obey the Iron Code and forsake Kuro, or to reject the code and stay loyal to Kuro instead. If we reject the Iron Code, we are forced to defeat Owl and the game continues. But if Sekiro chooses to obey the Iron Code, then he is locked into the path of the Shura ending instead.

    After choosing to obey the Iron Code, Owl and Sekiro are interrupted by Emma who Owl orders you to kill. Unfortunately though, as skilled as she is, she is no match for Sekiro. After her death, Isshin himself arrives and confronts Sekiro, preparing to cut Shura down a second time only to be bested by Sekiro in the end. Shortly after, Owl arrives and begins to gloat, confident that his plan has finally succeeded before he is suddenly run through by Sekiro. The game then ends with Kuro crawling to the top of the castle to escape the spreading flames of hatred only to find Sekiro waiting for him, his left arm wreathed in flames before it fades to black and the game tells us that Ashina became the scene of a massacre that was haunted for years afterwards by a demon.

    So what does all of this mean and what is Shura exactly? "Shura" is actually a term that can mean a few things but primarily refers to the buddhist image of Ashura who reside in Ashurado. In Buddhist cosmology, there are six realms of existence: The Realm of the Gods, The Human Realm, The Animal Realm, The Hungry Ghost Realm, The Hell Realm, and The Realm of the Ashura or Ashurado. As the name implies, the realm of Ashurado is the one in which the Ashura reside. Based off of the Hindu Asura, the Ashura who live in this realm are commonly seen as demons who are obsessed with warfare, but there is a bit more to them than that.

    Ashura are better described as something like demigods, beings of great power who can be seen to use that power for good or evil as they desire. In fact, desire is arguably the defining trait of Ashura that separates them from Devas and Humans. Ashura are beings that are entirely controlled by their emotions. They are capable of feeling joy and excitement far beyond that of a normal human, but they are also very quick to anger and prone to fits of rage as well. Their emotions can even manifest around them, allowing Ashura to quite literally explode with anger as they are wreathed in flames of hatred. This is clearly a behavior we see demonstrated during the Shura ending as the flames slowly manifest through Sekiro's battles until they are running wild. However, in the Buddhist Cosmology, one can typically only become an Ashura after being reincarnated. So it would seem that in the world of Sekiro, Shura is a being portrayed somewhat differently. Still, we can use what we know of them to gain a better understanding of the ending as a whole.

    Starting from the beginning of the Shura path, we know that Sekiro's fate as Shura isn't truly set until he decides to honor the Iron code and forsake Kuro. On the surface though, this seems contradictory to what we have heard about Shura which implies that excessive violence is what leads to the birth of Shura. The difference here though, is Sekiro's intent. Until now, Sekiro had no reason to question the Iron code and was only doing what he had to do to survive which is why Sekiro can't choose but to follow the Iron code when Kuro asks him earlier in the game. This changes though once Sekiro sees Kuro resolve to reject the path that was decided for him, even at the cost of his own life. Now Sekiro is able to understand that choosing to follow the Iron code is his own choice as well and that following the Iron code in this case would only lead to more needless violence. That's why his fate is decided once he decides to forsake Kuro.

    Moving forward, when we see Emma challenge Sekiro, she isn't doing so to foil their plans specifically, she is doing so to prevent Sekiro from becoming Shura at all costs. This indicates that even if she wasn't present when the Sculptor lost his arm, that she recognizes the same tendency for violence in Sekiro that the Sculptor himself once had. This is also when we learn that Emma herself is quite skilled with a sword and has received formal training, either from Isshin himself, or perhaps from Tomoe. Her skills prove to be no match for Sekiro though and she is eventually cut down. Afterwards, we see the flames of hatred begin to smolder and flare up around Sekiro as with her death, Sekiro has begun a downward spiral. But Sekiro does not mourn her loss, and is instead seen smiling, reveling in the bloodshed for the first time in his life. Before now, there was a reason for him to kill, but for the first time, Sekiro has chosen to take a life directly for no reasons than his own and his transformation into Shura has truly begun.

    Sekiro doesn't get to revel in this moment for long though before he is interrupted by Isshin, seeking to avenge the death of Emma as well as prevent Shura from emerging for a second time. This fight is noteworthy to me for two reasons in particular. The first is that this is the only time in the game in which we get to directly see Isshin fight in his old age. This is not the revitalized Isshin that faces Sekiro in the other endings, this is an old man who knows his limits. Rather than a multitude of weapons, he faces Sekiro with only a blade, making sure to conserve his energy and take advantage of any opening. The other noteworthy aspect of this fight is that it shows us how Isshin most likely prevented the Sculptor from transforming into Shura as well, he uses the Flames of Hatred to his own advantage. After all, Isshin is a man who has seen almost endless war and struck down countless foes, there is no doubt that as such he would be familiar with the Flames of Hatred as well. Unlike Shura or the Demon of Hatred though, he does not let these flames run wild or consume him. As a result, he is able to use the growing flames around Sekiro as a tool, striking with it and stoking it as he needs to best face Sekiro. Even that is not enough to overcome the effects of time though, and he is also defeated just as Owl returns.

    Owl returns to Sekiro, Black mortal blade in hand, to congratulate him on his defeat of Isshin as the Flames of Hatred rise higher. Manipulating the camera here also shows us just how Owl came into possession of the Mortal Blade as he can be seen holding Genichiro's severed head and placing it next to Isshin's corpse. Owl then gloats about the success of his plan only to be killed in turn by Sekiro, who has now been fully consumed by Shura. He is no longer capable of distinguishing between anything such as friend or foe and is instead now driven only by his insatiable bloodlust. Unlike the Ashura of myth, bloodshed was all Sekiro knew so it becomes an obsession that causes him to run rampant throughout Ashina as he cuts down any and all that he can.

    Ultimately, the Shura ending is certainly a tragedy, Sekiro goes from being a tool used at the whims of his father to a tool used to satisfy an endless bloodlust. That said, I'm not sure I would consider it the definitive "bad" ending. After all, it is still the only ending in which we see Sekiro smile and makes choices solely for himself, destructive though they may be. I certainly wouldn't call it a "good" ending either though and the likelihood of the game continuing from this ending is very low. Yes, as fun as it would be to rampage throughout the battlefields of Ashina, this isn't Dynasty Warriors. Besides, the ending itself explains what happened to Ashina and Sekiro afterwards so there wouldn't be much point in trying to continue from there. Rather, this ending serves to show us just how easily one can stray from their own path, and the importance of the meaning behind one's actions.

    Well that concludes our analysis of the Shura ending. If you have any other questions about the Shura ending, please feel free to ask them in the comments below. Until next time, fellow folklorists.

    submitted by /u/Sarumaro
    [link] [comments]

    After almost 2 hours of fun he died

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    The sword saint isshin.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:51 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment