• Breaking News

    Friday, February 14, 2020

    Sekiro - Stay hydrated fellas.

    Sekiro - Stay hydrated fellas.


    Stay hydrated fellas.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 06:19 AM PST

    meme i made

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 05:04 AM PST

    ISS NG+ Charmless and Demon Bell up close with the umbrella

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:11 PM PST

    A poster I designed for this wonderful, infuriating game:

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:04 AM PST

    MY NAME IS!!!!!!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:12 PM PST

    Guardian Ape 100

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:12 PM PST

    I made a FromSoft Hoodie!!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Guess Sekiro is gonna be my valentine today xD

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 01:06 AM PST

    Blazing bull (dot) gif.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:51 AM PST

    The One Armed Wolf T-Shirt

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Hehe. Hehe. He.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:40 PM PST

    I don't like playing the game without Kuro's Charm

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:21 AM PST

    IMO, it's a challenge run item. My experiences with bosses/mini-bosses have been sort of a mixed bag. 7 Ashina Spears was interesting without Kuro's Charm but then the fight(s) I had with Lone Shadow Longswordsman in the well, I did not enjoy myself, AT ALL. I finally beat him but I ended up stealing the first deathblow. His attacks are just too quick to be taking chip damage. Juzou the Drunkard was tough too but it was somewhat balanced and Gyoubu Oniwa was a joke, as usual, but it felt like all fighting him without Kuro's Charm did was restrict my creativity. But Lone Shadow, this fucker, especially with the camera and tight corridor.

    Anyway, I think I'm returning Kuro's Charm. I like a challenge but only in the context of immersion and it just doesn't make any sense to me to get punished for not knowing an enemy inside out.

    What are other experiences/opinions about Kuro's Charm?

    submitted by /u/Nite_Owl___
    [link] [comments]

    Had the game since launch, still have not beaten Isshin sword saint

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:19 AM PST

    I got the game back at launch and got all the way to the end, however I could never beat isshin sword saint! Ive probably tried close to a thousand times by now and have tried literally every single technique that people on youtube and reddit say. I eventually gave up, only coming back every now and then to try. I eventually started the game entirely from the beginning, build my skills and knowledge of the game back, beat bosses that I was originally stuck on for days in a matter of just 3 tries and all seemed hopeful that I could actually beat him this time! However, what I didnt realize is how wrong I was. I beat genichiro in a matter of seconds, and breezed through Isshin's first phase. However I still have yet to ever get to his third phase without getting my ass handed to me after I knocked down a quarter of his health (Ive stuck to the running in circle strategy). However now on my 29th attempt of the night (I actually counted), even Genichiro is giving me a hard time! Just have absolutely no idea how to go about this anymore!

    submitted by /u/Riamu115
    [link] [comments]

    Isshin Outclassed

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    My God not cheesing this game feels amazing.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    Hi. This is my second post on this subreddit. That's not really important, I just wanted to mention that I don't talk a lot here. This is probably going to be a pretty incoherent rant, but I wanted to talk about it before I forget. Also, possible spoilers, if you don't already know about the late, final game bosses.

    I'm a pretty low-commitment souls player, playing Darksouls III through ng+, and starting bloodbourne but putting it off because I had other games to attend to (I'll get around to it, I swear.) I my first play through of this game a little over a week ago, and posted a photo of the trophy you get for beating sword saint isshin. It hadn't occurred to me until a few minutes ago that sword saint isshin was one of the few fights in this game I didn't totally cheese.

    Now, I admit, cheesing is kinda stupid. Sure, it lets you beat the boss, but most of the time it totally takes away from the feeling of accomplishment you get for winning. I'm not proud of the fact that I cheesed some bosses, but it's true that I did. I think, like many people, I cheesed for two reasons. The first being that I didn't have a lot of time to play and didn't want to sink hours into the game, and the second, more obvious reason, was that I wasn't especially good.

    It was around the Genichiro fight at ashina castle that I decided to give up cheesing, mostly because I found learning the fight itself easier than mastering the cheese I'd found, and it felt goddamn amazing. The intensity you feel when mashing the deflect button, dodge, strike, is unlike any other, the adrenaline sucking you in while some little part of you recognizes the sheer awesome-ness of your fight. The feeling of breaking a bosses posture by deflection, or mikiri counter, and landing that final deathblow is unlike anything I've ever felt in a game (oh yeah and it was also during the Genichiro fight I learned how to Mikiri Counter, how I managed to play before learning it? I don't know.)

    I'd forgotten how good these games felt upon learning a fight, and beating through sheer skill and perseverance (or, in Isshin's case, pure, pure luck.) With Genichiro, and many other bosses, it was learning to take the safe shots. To learn when I could dodge and recover posture, and when I could engage and get a hit, or damage posture. Perhaps my biggest Eureka moment was recognizing the little animations signaling enemies attacks, like Genichiro's little blade whirlwind combo, or Isshin's first phase side dash or charge, or even realizing bosses attacks that get triggered upon you using a health item. The realization that you can predict their moves and react accordingly, through your own reflexes and ability, is thrilling.

    Isshin was by far, my proudest moment, as I'm sure is the same with everybody else on this sub who has had the pleasure of beating him. I won't spoil anything, but from the first fight against him where you can't even land a hit before draining 4 of your gourd sips, to getting to his final phase with 1 or 2 left (or, in my case, 0, of any healing items.) I will admit that when I first played against him, I tried to cheese him, to much failure, and I eventually gave up on that and "got good." And when you fight isshin legit, it's fantastic, a whirlwind of dodges, sparks, mikiri counters, and frantic button mashing. But even as I jerked in my chair and cursed on each hit and mistake, I realized I could tell his movements. How I could tell after his second phase close-quarter combo attack, when he would do his stab for a mikiri counter.

    I'm nowhere near as good as some others are (believe me, I've seen somebody destroy isshin, genichiro + isshin phase, in under 2 minutes) I feel like I'm better for it to have managed to beat the sword saint without resorting to exploiting his attacks or his AI.

    Just to be clear, I'm not shaming cheesing. This game is awesome, and to be unable to progress the story simply because you can't beat a single boss is a royal pain in the ass, especially when it seems like you've done all you can to prepare. Hell, I was a cheese-er once too, and still am, when I can't be bothered to "git gud." But hear me out. This game is a beautiful, in story, combat, lore, and progression. Hell, there is a reason it got GOTY, and while cheesing does let you experience the game's story, I feel like it does a bit of a disservice to yourself to resort to cheesing a boss because of how difficult it is.

    Thanks for reading, if you still are. I've probably just repeated what's already been said a lot in this sub, but I wanted to offer my two cents. This game is a masterpiece, like all FromSoft Games, and I'm a tad bit ashamed I didn't see that sooner.

    Tl; dr: I cheesed when I first started playing. Around halfway through, I gave up on cheesing, and learned just how amazing the combat and game play in this game truly is.

    submitted by /u/Purp13Badg3r
    [link] [comments]

    I just released a Sekiro-themed album, “Get Up and Kill”, on SoundCloud! Link in the comments!

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:18 PM PST

    I can't bring myself to do it :(

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Okay, I didn't imagine the amount of frustration and anger this game was gonna pull out of me and I'm not even that far into it.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 09:09 PM PST

    I got the bell to the first memory thing for Hirata Estate and man...I haven't even reached Lady Butterfly and I'm just about to throw the controller against the fucking Drunkard.

    Having to go through the 4 or 5 idiots right after the altar thing and then having to go against him and his minions and THEN having to kill him with his huge sword and poison vomit...seems very unfair.

    I'm even doing the running around killing his minions first then activating his idle mode to have one free deathblow and then activating the NPC helper guy, and the stupid drunk still beats my ass in two hits.

    Maybe if I could get to him faster it wouldn't be so frustrating. I hate having to go throrugh the archers and axe guys and maybe losing a bunch of health if I'm careless...and again, I know I'm not even a tenth into the game -_-

    submitted by /u/neotsunami
    [link] [comments]

    Time to take a break. Deathless attempt

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:24 PM PST

    My team lead offers $2k if I finish Sekiro in a week. Should I take the bet?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:50 AM PST

    My team lead who is a huge gamer has recently finished sekiro and waged 2k if anybody can finish it in a week. He agreed to give me three days off in the week as well. My question is what are the odds of me being able to finish it before the deadline?

    Edit: if I lose I have to pay him the same amount

    I've played DOTA2 for most of my Life. But played a few AAA games like tomb raider, assassins creed, Devil May Cry. I play on PC.

    submitted by /u/Esssport
    [link] [comments]

    Gyobu in a nutshell

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 04:31 PM PST

    NG+/Demon bell gameplay difficulty.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 11:47 PM PST

    Question for you Platinum/100%/NG+/Demon bell Sekiro fans. Do these things actually make the game harder (Enemies more erratic/unpredictable) or does it just up their health and damage?

    submitted by /u/Flying_Raijin13
    [link] [comments]

    Shinooby to ShinOP - My Behind-The-Scenes Rage of No-Hitting Genichiro

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Juzou the Drunkard on NG+

    Posted: 13 Feb 2020 12:10 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment