• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 13, 2021

    Sekiro - My Sekiro drawing [OC]

    Sekiro - My Sekiro drawing [OC]


    My Sekiro drawing [OC]

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:21 AM PDT

    I Just Defeated the Demon of Hatred

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    I've been playing Sekiro for a while and I just managed to (finally) beat the Demon of Hatred. I wanted to say just how much I appreciate and enjoyed that fight. It was magnificent!

    The full context here is that Bloodborne was my first Soulsborne game and while I haven't really enjoyed my foray into Dark Souls, I absolutely love Sekiro. Both the games strongly encourage constant aggression in their own ways and powerfully reward those able to temper their aggression with hard-won knowledge and carefully planned pauses (for healing, posture recovery, item usage, etc.).

    I had been thinking about which boss fights I enjoyed or didn't enjoy and it occurred to me that I haven't really hated any of the boss fights thusfar. The Headless are bags of dicks but they're much more intimidating than actually dangerous once you figure out their schtick. Lady Butterfly is a sieve you aren't going to get past unless you grok how Sekiro fights work. So many of the minibosses encourage careful tactical approaches and maximizing any advantage you can think of.

    Then I hit the Demon of Hatred. Blocking isn't nearly as helpful and his attacks do just truckloads of posture and it hit me. There's a particular section of the song that plays when you fight him and I recognized a beat or two of the Cleric Beast's (from Bloodborne) theme and it hit me: That boss is an homage to Bloodborne.

    Its left arm is horribly mutated (for reasons that make perfect sense) just like both the Cleric Beast and Laurence, The First Vicar. His attacks have an animalistic feel and some of the desperate body-launches he uses are strongly reminiscent of Laurence's bestial style. Unlike Laurence, however, the Demon is fun to fight. He is powerful but never feels outright unfair (though that charge of his comes close) and every attack he uses can be avoided or turned to your advantage.

    I really enjoyed the Demon but more than that, kudos to Sekiro boss design in general.

    submitted by /u/mnemoniac
    [link] [comments]

    Defeating Mist Noble everyday until I die (Day 1)

    Posted: 13 May 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    Don't know who's the artist but this is very cute

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    The live action movie of Sekiro is looking good

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I just defeated the game. It was very meaningful to me because of Kuro.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    I'm not comfortable sharing too much. But I started playing a bit more than a year ago. There's one (of many) perspective(s) you can have on this game and it's quite powerful to me. It may be a bit dark for some. (Trigger warning but I give no details.)

    I don't care how old he is supposed to be, Kuro is depicted as a child of which many adults want to take advantage. Like, bodily advantage. Each in their own manner and always adults in power. When the child stands up for himself by wanting to leave, the country that benefits from him is starting to show its rottenness.

    And Sekiro, in my eyes, is part of how this child copes with his predicament. He's a shadow of Kuro. An expression of his anger, grief and pain. And as long as Kuro doesn't die, Sekiro ressurects. Because he is still needed to deal with the pain that lies ahead. Or perhaps Kuro is an expression of Sekiro's trauma.

    Anyway, I saw it as Sekiro's duty to help this kid work through these troubles. Because he was - in part - this child.

    There's all kinds of family dynamics and I know Vaati has referred to it a lot. His video about Senpou temple also talks a lot about what is in essence child abuse.

    In short, I wanted to achieve an ending in which everyone who got hurt chooses to accept their past, make it part of themselves and the move on towards a better future. An ending in which nobody is truly alone.

    I may have projected a lot on this videogame, but it helped. It took a year, barriers were more mental than anything else. And every time I made progress, it was because a personal milestone was achieved IRL.

    This time I finally finished a research topic on detecting and preventing child abuse. A day later, I defeated the sword saint. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/_halalkitty
    [link] [comments]

    POV: you got 5 feet away from Isshin

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Defeating Isshin charmless, bell demon, no healing every day until Elden Ring is out (day 81)

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    Only kids who do math at high school can relate

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    Yamauchi learns the Way of the Prosthetic Arts Part 2.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    sekiro new WOOO assassination move

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Sekiro - Love One Mind + Bestowal

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Tried True Monk No HUD Parry Focused

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Im not the only one that plays Sekiro to feel zen, right?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    I see a lot of people who refuse to play due to the deflect/parry mechanic or if they do play they stop because it's too difficult. I know I had my fair share of difficulties when I had my first run through but found the game very rewarding. I enjoy the level design and the aesthetic and really dig the combat. Now when I play, my mind relaxes and I flow through the motions. Does anyone else experience that? I know games in general are a way to escape.

    submitted by /u/Fonterize
    [link] [comments]

    Emma

    Posted: 12 May 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Possible to get to the very top of ashina castle?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    So a while ago I was wondering if it was possible to get up on the roof above the castle tower lookout, but I couldn't reach the edge for a ledge grab. Flash forward to tonight, and I managed to pull off the airswim glitch. I decided to check out the very top of the castle, and someone had set down a remnant knife. Since you can't use that function while swimming, someone had to have gotten up there legit. Either that, or they somehow canceled their own airswim. Does anyone know how to pull this off?

    submitted by /u/TheFantabulousToast
    [link] [comments]

    I have ascended

    Posted: 12 May 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Four playthroughs, 204 hours, and I'm definitely not done with this game.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Fight like a Samurai; Sting like a Shinobi

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    Just got the return ending and I got a few questions

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    What exactly is the difference between returning immortality and severing it. I've seen a few people say that severing immortality does nothing as the divine dragon can choose a new heir but I thought the whole point of the dragon tears was to stop that.

    Also,why did kuro have to be cradled by the divine child. Couldn't they have just returned immortality with kuro still alive and in his own body.

    Is kuro still alive? Will he come back or is it only he's spirit that is living on in the divine child.

    submitted by /u/s4ryz3n
    [link] [comments]

    Yo I just beat Owl (father)

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    Took like 50 tries. Got him to his second phase for the first time on the third to last attempt. It seems impossible but I just, like, learned his moves... and used my first Jizo statue because we were both on one sliver of health dancing around each other for like a minute and I wasn't losing at that point.

    submitted by /u/PuffPuffFayeFaye
    [link] [comments]

    HITLESS MADE EASY: Spear V.S Monk

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    It looked at me funny.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment