• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 13, 2019

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread


    Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, discuss your favourite boss encounters thus-far in here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Still more dangerous than Mist Homie

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:30 AM PST

    Facts

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 01:57 PM PST

    My illustration of The Sculptor. 11”x17” Ink and Watercolor on Bristol. IG - @patdeldraws

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:43 AM PST

    Man, the graphics in this game are amazing

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:32 AM PST

    Fighting Sword saint, isshin in a nutshell

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:47 PM PST

    How your little brother enters the room saying that its his turn on the xbox.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:45 AM PST

    My stickers have arrived!!! Bought them on teepublic

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:33 AM PST

    Me having fun taking screenshot while Emma tries to kill me.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:23 PM PST

    Quick question about how hard Sekiro is to run on laptops.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 09:48 PM PST

    What is the minimum specs you could get away with for running the game realistically (cause idk about the actual listed minimum specs). Could the laptop linked below run it?

    https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/computers-tablets/laptops/laptop/modern-pc/acer-nx-hfdsa-002-14-swift-3-amd-ryzen-5-512gb-ssd-laptop/prod183026.html

    Personally I played the three DS games on a laptop that barely had the specs for 1 and deffo didn't have the specs for 2 and 3 (so much harder to beat bosses when looking in a certain direction makes the fps drop to like 4 fps) so I'm not looking for high fps high spec graphics. Just playable.

    submitted by /u/EarthlyAwakening
    [link] [comments]

    Is the second Hirata Estate Memory exclusive to the Purification ending, or would I be able to go to it in the Return ending?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:23 PM PST

    I'm probably too far into it anyway, since I'm already at the fight with SSI, but still curious.

    submitted by /u/PSY_Nuka
    [link] [comments]

    Finally

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 03:03 PM PST

    Goddamn Genichiro, you bastard, it was fun while it lasted.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:13 PM PST

    Finally took this Lord down after 3 days of attempts. Probably 30 or so total. I could get him into the third phase 9/10 times by the end, but he kept wrecking me in the third phase. Scraped through the 3rd phase this time after using two resurrections and with only a quarter or health left. It was close!

    Here's a video with the cutscenes if anyone would be so kind as to view my little achievement:

    https://youtu.be/n4YCiLkvZwA

    I even got a lightning reversal in at one point! It's the little things in life...

    submitted by /u/Staticaged
    [link] [comments]

    My take on the time travel and the Hirata raid. But I'm missing one thing.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 07:32 PM PST

    Here's how I interpreted the night of the Hirata raid and the memory shenanigans.

    • In the original timeline, Owl sends Sekiro away so the raid goes smoothly (Sekiro obeys the Iron Code)
    • Owl fakes his death to remove suspicion
    • With the help of Lady Butterlfy, Owl then plans to take Kuro and gain immortality
    • By praying at the Buddha statue, Sekiro transfers his consciousness into the past and fights Lady Butterfly
    • This alters the past timeline into the current timeline, the one Sekiro is living in
    • Owl thinks that Sekiro is betraying him, therefore he stabs in the back to kill him

    I've read some theories that suggests it was part of Owl's plan to stab Sekiro so that Kuro would give Sekiro immortality, but I don't think this is correct, because when we encounter Owl in Ashina Castle he told us he thought Sekiro was dead. Why would he expect Sekiro to be dead if he knew Kuro would give him the Dragon's Heritage?

    But why didn't Owl take Kuro immediately after? He seemingly abandoned his mission and Kuro is able to revive Sekiro and be captured by Genichiro. It could be that Owl saw Kuro revive Sekiro and he changed his plan on the night because he expects Sekiro to obey the Iron Code. However that still doesn't explain the dialogue where Owl says he thought Sekiro was dead. So if Owl didn't take Kuro after the raid, what was the point of orchestrating the whole thing?

    submitted by /u/boiledeggman
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a challenge

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 03:06 PM PST

    After beating sekiro ruffle 20 times I look for a new challenge, I still love the game I'm just looking for ways to spice it up. Any ideas ??

    submitted by /u/Orlytheblind
    [link] [comments]

    After Playing Bloodborne, There's Just Two Things I Hope Sekiro Gets in the Future

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:03 AM PST

    A DLC and some sort of Dungeon Mechanic.

    Naturally, all of us probably want some form of DLC for this wonderful game, but one thing that I think would be an amazing addition is one of my favorite features of Bloodborne; Replayable Dungeons with Unique Bosses. Granted, many of Sekiro's bosses are unique, with only a handful being reskins of other bosses, but the same can be said for Bloodborne.

    For the uninitiated, Bloodborne has a unique system not seen in the Souls games, where you can collect various chalices and ritual materials to explore dungeons that contain unique enemies not seen in the regular game, more powerful versions of other bosses, and some very interesting and unique themes and designs for each type of dungeon, which get more difficult as you progress. And there are unique Root dungeons which are different each time you go in. And as much as I would have liked this to make a return in Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro, it unfortunately didn't.

    But given how unique Sekiro is in it's stories and how it handled the past events leading up to Sekiro ending up at the bottom of a well, it would be interesting if they explored a story from before everything went bad. A DLC story that explored Sekiro's time as Kuro's trusted shinobi, or even his time training with Owl. And in doing so, maybe this "dungeon" system could function sort of like a unique mission system that could have different requirements for completing it or something along those lines.

    Of course, I'm not Miyazaki, so I don't have the best idea for getting implemented or how it would work, but I just think it'd be a great addition to add some extra bit of replayability.

    submitted by /u/RPGSadPanda
    [link] [comments]

    WOOOOOOO

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:15 PM PST

    Minor gameplay spoilers ahead (on mobile, can't flair it).

    I picked the game a few months ago and I've been playing it on and off - personal life and other games keep me up from making huge progress but overall I'm enjoying the game.

    So, I recently got to the rooftops and after seriously underestimating what two Nightjars can do to you, I had to ressurrect. But it's ok, I got them, let's be careful now since our gourd is empty. Then comes WOOOOOOO and I'm like "wrf is th...". Died but raged and laughed my ass off at the same time. But at least I learned, it'll not be a surprise now.

    Fast forward and I'm reaching the Antechamber. WOOOOOOO again, but yeah, I see you!... Just didn't expect for you to blow me the fuck up. I laughed way harder this time!

    No big "moral of the story here", just wanted to share cool moments this game gave me.

    PS: any explanation why the 2nd dude explodes?

    submitted by /u/deathrattleshenlong
    [link] [comments]

    Day 1 of no heal and only deflect challenge

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:48 PM PST

    I am so bummed I’m stuck at Geni

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:37 AM PST

    Yeah yeah I suck and need to Git Gud.

    I am so bummed I'm stuck at this boss right now. I was in such a solid grove. I was flowing through the game and having so much fun. Now I just look at my Xbox and get angry because I can't run around that world and progress anymore until I figure this boss out.

    I've gotten him down to almost dead on his 3rd form so I know it's possible but just stuck in that wall and did a ton of the side stuff so I know I'm where I'm suppose to be.

    Now when I play him I can't even beat his first form so I'm sucking hard.

    Anyone else hit this wall? I hate that I have to list credentials but I'm a veteran souls and BB player.

    Madame Butterfly I got on my third time but Genichiro's arrows and jump owns me.....

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    Isshin Sword Saint second phase question

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:08 PM PST

    So I can counter the perilous lance attacks, but I feel like I have no time to hit him with any attack. Since I can't get his posture bar filled. I counter him, get some posture damage, then he runs off. Which is good because I need to recover posture, but he does too.

    So I'm at an impasse, any tips?

    submitted by /u/moondizzlepie
    [link] [comments]

    has any one actually gotten the DoH insta kill glitch?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PST

    for those of you who dont know https://youtu.be/kqOa_D4DqY8

    submitted by /u/Allahs-Chosen
    [link] [comments]

    Does killing the last boss directly take you to NG+?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 03:22 PM PST

    So I picked up Sekiro again after a long break and I finally got to Sword Saint Ishin. Man, I get all the crap the fight got on this subreddit. Basically a 4 deathblow boss with different patterns for every phase. I like how Ishin uses all ashina techniques. Got to Ishin's second phase so far and this fight is definitely a ramp up both in difficulty and fun.

    Now I'm guessing this is the final boss of my playthrough, basically went in blind for my first one and sided with Kuro all the way. I feel like I left a lot of stuff incomplete, like I never killed any headless for example. Probably missed a bunch of minibosses too, and f'ed up some questlines. If I defeat Ishin will this get me directly to NG+ like defeating Gwyn in DS or will the game give me a chance to farm up and tie up some loose ends before moving on to the next poaythrough ?

    submitted by /u/Noctevent
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Review: Shinobi Supremacy

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 12:47 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment