• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 20, 2019

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread


    Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:10 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, discuss your favourite boss encounters thus-far in here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro has been nominated for Game of the Year | Go vote here: https://goo.gle/TGAvote

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has been nominated for the following titles:

    • GOTY [Game of the Year]
    • Best Game Direction
    • Best Audio Design
    • Best Art Direction
    • Best Action/Adventure Game

    Be sure to cast your vote here: https://goo.gle/TGAvote

    submitted by /u/AOD_Saenai
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro has been nominated for best art direction, audio design, action/adventure, and game of the year in the game awards.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 09:24 AM PST

    True motivation

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:52 PM PST

    I´m sorry, Genichiro

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:07 AM PST

    Face me..

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 12:05 PM PST

    I'm doing my part!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:49 PM PST

    I think I need something else to put my time into from now on.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 07:44 PM PST

    Sekiro for GOTY! GO VOTE NOW!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 09:58 AM PST

    Go vote Sekiro. it's about time Fromsoftware got a win.

    The game award nominees are out and Sekiro is nominated for the following:

    Game of the year

    Game direction

    Visual design

    Audio design

    Action/Adventure game

    https://www.google.com/search?q=TGA+vote

    submitted by /u/CrunchyConniptions
    [link] [comments]

    Right on time with the goty nomination

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 04:46 PM PST

    How do I counter this?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 03:41 PM PST

    hesitation is defeat.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 02:25 PM PST

    No easy difficulty was one the best design decisions Sekiro made.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 08:02 AM PST

    Looking at Fallen Order, the fact it has a difficulty slider made me think of just how powerful Sekiro not having one is. Even if you put aside the differences in story, gameplay and how the combat works, this particular design choice is a really big difference.

    This has many subtle implications beyond "get good" jokes. There's many more parts to it than people just criticizing the designers to add a knob.

    • This means all bosses have to be tuned well.
    • They have to be tested for cheese.
    • No multiplayer and no overlevelling means a much better read of an encounters difficulty. Otherwise you can easily run into issues where you have hard difficulty vs. easy difficulty varying too much from each other.
    • No slider forces you to learn - this is in line with how Miyazaki says he wants to build the most satisfying games, not the hardest games.
    • Whatever you experience is earned - this makes you concentrate and focus and make your brain work in ways that just doesn't happen in simpler games.
    • Most bosses are marathons, which means that if you get a boss down, you did learn it properly, and thus also likely very repeatable. There are exceptions to this. E.g. Corrupted Monk cheese and so on though for the most part not.

    This seemingly easy decision is in my opinion very hard to get right under the hood, and it really defines the excellence of Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/kartayyar
    [link] [comments]

    One sad Wolf meets another sad wolf

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:08 PM PST

    Sekiro is Goty. Change my mind

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:07 PM PST

    Truly a unpopular opinion on r/sekiro

    submitted by /u/Nibelungen342
    [link] [comments]

    120 hours later, I finally platinumed.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 05:13 PM PST

    I know posts like these pop up daily, but I just need to tell anyone who will listen (and understand).

    Literally seconds ago I finally beat Isshin on my fourth playthrough, the Shura ending. I'm not huge into videogames, but I was beyond compelled to play this one through to the absolute end. By far my greatest achievement, as far as gaming goes. A masterpiece from beginning to end.

    submitted by /u/starspangledspud
    [link] [comments]

    So humbling sometimes

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:01 AM PST

    Going through my 3rd playthrough, looking to join Platinum crew and ao far every boss is easy first try kills. Even Genichiro was a joke - shout out to everyone who drilled the perfect deflect into my brain. I needed a little more xp for a skill point so I go back downstairs to fight those two swords guys in the blue robes.

    Died twice.

    No unseen aid 😭

    submitted by /u/DaemosChronicle
    [link] [comments]

    I still think genichiro way of tomoe is kind of hard at the end

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:01 AM PST

    He gives me more trouble than isshin's first phase. It's just some of the attacks he does after the jump attack are hard to read because his stance is low...or maybe I need glasses... Isshins aren't as hard to read because he stands straight up, imo. So when genichiro jumps, i deflect then get the danger kanji.. but can't see if it's gonna be a sweep or a thrust. I either decimate him without taking a hit or I get hit once and it messes my flow up and I let myself die. I just got isshin for the first time tonight though. His second phase is pretty wild. I tried a few weeks ago and made it there twice but just kinda freaked out and left it. Got him tonight though...once I learned the second phase and got to his 3rd, his 3rd phase only took me a few tries to learn...if anything it's easier to do mad posture/vit damage with the lightning reversals. Pretty freaking fun fight though the music was epic. If owl father had 3 phases I might think he's harder though.. that posture bar of his is godly... now demon of hatred awaits...

    submitted by /u/biskitheadx
    [link] [comments]

    So guys i did it, all i have to say is that this game is amazing and i will probably do a lot more runs after platinum

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 04:26 PM PST

    Good fucking god I love this game!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 05:04 PM PST

    So I'm still playing, the last two big bosses I beat were Lady Butterfly and Genichiro Ashina. Lady Butterfly was kinda annoying so she's not worth talking about, but I absolutely must talk about Genichiro.

    This fucker... good lord, I didn't get such a beating since Artorias in Dark Souls 1. It took me about 20 deaths to even take down Gen's two health bars. When the cutscene came I felt so relieved, somehow I lucked out and beat him. But then... the fucker came back!! I haven't been so pissed in my life before. His lightning was bullshit on top of his bullshit as well. He must've killed me 20 more times...

    But then something clicked. I managed to beat his first two bars without getting hit once, and then I managed to kill his second phase only getting hit by his lightning once. I have never felt so satisfied after beating a boss before since Artorias.

    But then the fucker came back again. I swear to god, if when he rose up again I was ready to throw my PC out the window. Thankfully he threw himself out the window instead. My god I've never been so scared of a boss before.

    And as a Fate/Grand Order player, realizing that Tomoe Gozen was his master and also kicked Ishiin's ass makes me pretty happy. Gen using a bow as well makes more sense when I realized she's his master.

    TL;DR: I love this fucking game. Genichiro gave me an ass whooping for the ages and almost made me want to kill myself by simply standing up in a cutscene.

    submitted by /u/TheSkipRow
    [link] [comments]

    If it weren't for Death Stranding, Sekiro would've ran away with Game Of The Year change my mind.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:09 AM PST

    Finally beat Isshin sword saint with only one attack power

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:22 PM PST

    Here's easy way how to kill 5 Okami warriors with Bloodsmoke

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:00 AM PST

    Isshin The Sword Saint, best boss

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 11:28 AM PST

    Am I the only one who has a character saved in the last buddah just to fight Isshin everytime i'm bored of other games?

    submitted by /u/FenrisWolfff
    [link] [comments]

    Kuro's charm

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 09:12 PM PST

    Having played the game through 6 times, I have throughly enjoyed playing with kuro's + demon bell. Highly recommend parry mechanic enthusiasts to play with these atleast on your third play through. The game doesn't have a ton of replayabilty but damn can this increased difficulty peak my adrenaline any higher. Love this game and the community. Just my two cents. Feel free to critique me. Have learnt a little more with every fight with the kc+dB combo. Good luck fellow wolves!

    P.S. KC+DB in New game is dope hard, in a good /frustrating way. Depends on how soon you learn to deny the chip damage from just blocking.

    submitted by /u/balaaadith
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment