• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 21, 2019

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread


    RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, put whats bothering you, or rant away under here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • CAPS ONLY

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My completed Sekiro tattoo

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:36 PM PST

    80 hours later and this is my conclusion.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:00 PM PST

    The game finally clicked for me, and I'm so happy!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:34 AM PST

    So I bought Sekiro on release, cause I'm a huge From Software fanboy, but also because the game looked like something right up my alley. Obviously there's no shields and the gameplay therefore seemed much more aggressive than Dark Souls. That is the exact reason why Bloodborne is my favourite From Software game by far, I absolutely hate how Dark Souls encourages you to hide behind a shield all game.

    However, when I actually got the game, something just didn't feel right. I died way more than I ever did in any Soulsbourne game, but what felt even worse to me was that I wasn't having fun. The game felt like a chore, and I hated turning around a corner only to see yet another miniboss. I essentially quit the game after about 10 hours of gameplay, and after not being able get past either Genichiro or Lady Buttterfly. And even though I had planned to eventually return, I never did.

    Then, very recently, I watched a video where a guy was comparing Soulsborne and Sekiro. And he made me realize that I'd been playing the game all wrong. I approached Sekiro the same way I did with Bloodborne. I would stay stay a few meters away from the enemy, bait an attack, dodge it, and then rush towards them for a few quick hits. In other words: I was waiting for an oppurtunity to strike, and that was my problem. In Sekiro you have to create the opening yourself. You have to stay in your oppenents face until their posture breaks. Once I understood this, I decided to start playing the game again (after 8 months lol). And I actually beat both Genichiro and Lady Butterfly in one day. I was happier than I had ever been in a Soulsborne game, and it wasn't really because I finally defeated the bosses. It was more because I finally fell in love with the game.

    Edit: A few people here dislike what I said about Dark Souls, and how it encourages you to hide behind a shield. Saying stuff like: «you don't have to use one». Here's the things guys, I don't use a shield. It's very much possible to beat all DS games without one. However, no shield pretty much means hard mode. It's way easier to beat these games with a shield. That's why I said «encourage» and not «force». Because while you can play DS without ever touching a shield, most players will use one because the gameplay encourages that type of playstyle.

    submitted by /u/VintageNujabes
    [link] [comments]

    At Nikko, Japan and getting Sekiro vibes

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:02 PM PST

    Sekiro is a rhythm game.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:36 PM PST

    I've heard this said here before, and I believe it's true. One of the keys to this game is to feel the "rhythm" of attacks, and to learn the patterns of the various enemies the game throws at you.

    About 15 years ago I went to school at a college that specializes in video game development. I only completed 2 years of a 4 year program before dropping out and going the web development route, but during my first year I made some good friends and we would, of course, mostly play video games together.

    I'm not sure how many of you remember DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). I suspect the average age of people on this subreddit is much younger than me, and I realize I'm dating myself here but, DDR was the original dance pad rhythm game that first appeared in the late 1990s. We played quite a bit of DDR as it was still pretty new and very addicting at the time. We began to joke about how every single video game could be boiled down to a similar DDR experience. I mean, at the most basic level, playing any video game is simply a matter of reacting to visual cues in a timely manner and pressing the correct buttons in the right order. DDR was, to us, the most basic form of this idea. 4 directional arrows would scroll past the screen, and the goal was to input those exactly as shown at the proper time, except you used your feet. That's it. Sounds so simple, but it is the crux of what makes any video game enjoyable: clearly defined parameters, and feedback rewarding success and punishing failure.

    Never has this comparison to a dance rhythm game been more accurate than with a game like Sekiro, in my opinion. You look for visual cues to know when to deflect, when to attack, and when to jump and dodge. If you fail to react properly, you will lose. It is an extremely complex and complicated version of DDR with a controller/keyboard. It's a beautiful game that requires the players full attention at any given time. It blows my mind how far games have come even in the last 10 years, and I can't wait to see what is in store for the future.

    Just wanted to share some thoughts. Long live Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/soundphed
    [link] [comments]

    One of the reasons i repeat fights with SSI

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    I just finished the game for the first time

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:34 AM PST

    Hallelujah! What a game! I love it so much! Definitely in my top 10, another masterpiece from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Thanks FromSoftware for this phenomenal game.

    It sits in 3rd place in my FromSoftware games ranking after Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1.

    I got the Immortal Severance ending, but I'm nowhere near done. It took 28:20 hours. I still have all other 3 endings, all skills and prosthetic upgrades. I'm going for the platinum now so wish me luck!

    Goodbye fellow shinobis, I'm going to 100% complete this game now then move on to DS3.

    submitted by /u/KilaniPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Attention! You can vote for Sekiro GOTY every 24 hours! Let’s all repeatedly come back!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:48 PM PST

    ��

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Anyone know how to unlock this upgrade?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:08 PM PST

    I officially give up.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:08 PM PST

    No matter what I do I can not beat Isshin I have beat every souls game multiole times and bloodborne. I love Sekiro but I absolutely can not win this final fight. I have tried over and over again and I'm just done. I have beaten every boss and mini boss in this game. After I beat Owl I blazed thru and destroyed anything else left. But now I have hit this wall and it's been this way since release. I have watched tactics and other stuff listened to advice and done everything anyone has suggested. The game is against me and I am officially done now.

    submitted by /u/DieHard4413
    [link] [comments]

    Emma

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:16 PM PST

    Sekiro is the best game ever

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:47 PM PST

    Change my mind

    submitted by /u/Azekuite
    [link] [comments]

    Let me know what you think of this farm route ~18,000 skill points 3000 sen per 1:20 in NG2+ charmless

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:13 AM PST

    I haven't seen anyone one recconmend this or post this route yet. I find it very fun to run and theres lots of little fine tuning in movement but i can consistently get 1:20 runs with buff and rest and idol. This is on NG2+ charmless (I need confetti to be able to one shot them) but its even more satisfying on NG because if your upgrading along with the memories you one shot the mist nobles. I think what makes the route so efficient is that most kills don't require a deathblow animation. let me know what you think.

    In NG the values received are around a third but you can also finish the route faster.

    submitted by /u/conqueror_wurm
    [link] [comments]

    Animated Sekiro Poster for Steam Library

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:55 PM PST

    So I ended Sekiro

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:11 PM PST

    So i managged to defeat Sword Saint Isshin in my second try AND platinum the game in the same fight and it just feels amazing. I really hope the game gets the GOTY. Mainly because i have never invested so much compromise in any other game, other thqn bloodborne its the only platinum i care to got. So yeah im exhousted right now haha. Some finall thoughs: •Purification ending its the true ending for me, it just thematicly perfect •If every sword action game form here to the infinite future implement the posture mechanic ill be the happiest dude alive •Artisticly this is a masterpiece. Im looking forward to decorate my house with just landscapes of this game.

    submitted by /u/javieresteban11
    [link] [comments]

    Hey y’all Let’s help out with this survey!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:47 AM PST

    Lady butterfly barely done sort of the easy way, still not got into the habit of deflection.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:29 PM PST

    Finally beat Genichiro last night.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:57 AM PST

    Only a feeling that b.b. or sekiro can give you. The third round was really pissing me off. I just couldn't get the hang of reversing the lighting for some reason. And last night it just clicked and it all came together. He still almost beat me. But I'm glad that I overcame. I know there are many more bosses to come.

    submitted by /u/Levelbasegaming
    [link] [comments]

    How effective did you find the tools in this game?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:17 AM PST

    i found most of them ineffective. like the axe can break and stun some enemies, that's good. then the fireworks. that's basically it. i never made good use of the shooting stars or any of the other items. did you guys get them to work? it seemed like the cost of using them was too high or something and their usage was not obvious to me so i didn't experiment too much.

    submitted by /u/newdayagain07
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro Artbook?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:08 PM PST

    This is probably a common question so I apologize, but is there any info on a Sekiro artbook? I love collecting Froms artbooks so I was just curious. I can't find any info at all.

    submitted by /u/KBDog67
    [link] [comments]

    My Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice status

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:00 AM PST

    I am actually playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice for the second time and I absolutely adore it. It's actually the first FromSoftware game I manage to finish. ¡I'm so exited to know if it is going to receive the best Game of the Year award!

    submitted by /u/Ernest_Morgan
    [link] [comments]

    This rat is fed up with all the crap it's been taking

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:03 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment