• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 19, 2019

    Sekiro - Meme Monday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Meme Monday - Megathread


    Meme Monday - Megathread

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 02:14 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, "Meme Mondays" are meant to be a compromise between the users on /r/Sekiro who enjoy memes/shitposting and the users who dislike these kinds of posts.


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here

    • Memes and shitposts on /r/Sekiro are allowed only on Mondays and only in the stickied megathread (the thread you are currently viewing).

    • No NSFW memes, please!


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Me watching my hopes and dreams of beating this game go up in flames.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 08:24 PM PST

    After 100 hours and 8 playthroughs, I’ve finally gotten my second ever platinum: sekiro. Very emotional as when I first started playing this game I thought it was impossible and I rage quit countless times. Look at me now. Just wanted to share my achievement with the community :)

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:28 AM PST

    Stop! He needs carp scales.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:46 PM PST

    Shadows Cry Twice ► The Children of Senpou Temple

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Why is SSI so effing difficult? Minor spoilers

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:37 PM PST

    I'm on NG3 now on my way to Platinum Trophy and this playthrough has been a breeze really. Got pretty much every one first time and even beat Genichiro in the intro, which was a personal goal and I feel like there should be a trophy for it! But now I'm back at Issin and I'm still just as bad as this fight than ever. I swear it took me more tries on NG+ than on my first playthrough. His second stage just destroys me. When he does all those heavy swings and breaks my posture and I don't seem to be able to dodge the effectively. If I can get through to phase three I find it relatively easy because of the lightning reversal.

    Just a rant really, I know I can do it but any tips for phase two are most welcome Shinobi friends.

    submitted by /u/beakington
    [link] [comments]

    Given the financial succes of Sekiro, do you think Activision already talked with FromSoft about a potential sequel?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:40 PM PST

    FromSoft obviously is busy working on Elden Ring, but maybe as a future project somewhere down the road (next gen consoles).

    The true ending of the game is set up to continue the story. Given the financial succes of Sekiro, it only makes sense to create a sequel right? There's lot's of potential left.

    submitted by /u/thatisgame
    [link] [comments]

    Playing nioh dressed as isshin fighting niohs genichiro xD

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 09:32 AM PST

    I did it guys! my first ever platinum!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:59 AM PST

    Hate Demon of hatred

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:38 PM PST

    Wonder what went through developers mind when designing this boss. Who thought that chipping away at the bosses crotch / thin legs was a fun idea. I died many times to geinchiro , owl , true monk and many other bosses but never did it feel frustrating. I always felt like I needed to improve to beat them. But when it comes to DOH, its a chore. I will eventually beat him as I am able to reach 2nd stage now but I am sure I will never fight this guy in my new game plus plays.

    submitted by /u/msspk
    [link] [comments]

    Isshin vs. DoH

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:38 PM PST

    [Kinda long rant TLDR at the bottom]

    First of all, I loved playing this game. At first I had no idea what to do, since it was my first FS-Game and I didn't know how to approach it. I didn't realise that I had to look at this game as kind of a 3D painting, where the world itself tells the majority of the story, rather than the few cutscenes and dialogues, where the information you get actually matters and isn't just a mindless game filler. After a while I figured that out and slowly got a feeling for the gameplay as well. There were some bosses I really enjoyed fighting and some I wished would just finally fall over by themselves - but I was hanging in there, not giving up hope. Until DoH.

    I hated the fight against Demon of Hatred. Everything about it sucked IMO. Sure the model of the boss is badass and beautiful, but then why the fuck is the optimal strategy to fight him literally standing inside of him in between his feet where you can just see his hairless torso looking like an unshaved ballsack? All the other fights were about studying the opponents moveset until you could finally predict what action he was going take next. Once you fully grasped the way a boss worked, fighting them felt like a dance of death - but not with DoH. All you do is run underneath him, hit him for 20 seconds while he takes next to no damage or loses posture and wait until he either jumps up or tries to stomp you after realising that you're doing the same cheesy bs again. When he stomps you can deflect - given of course the camera actually works and doesn't spin around for no fucking reason or suddenly unlocks on its own causing you to face the wrong direction and get hit even though you would have deflected properly. I hated every second of the fight because it wasn't engaging, it wasn't interesting, hell it wasn't even a challenge all you had to do is be patient - very patient and that's boring. I'm not talking about being greedy - not throwing one extra attack because the enemy could counter - I'm talking about running up to DoH, hitting him in the sack, then watch him jump across the entire battlefield just so you can run after him for at least 10 seconds while he bombards you with a fucking unavoidable flame wall - Over and over and over again. The fight feels 3 times longer than it is and it actually is pretty damn long anyway. I didn't feel any kind of relief after defeating him. It didn't feel like i had accomplished anything. I was just happy it was over...

    FF to Isshin

    Fucking awesome - exactly what I want from a final boss.He's fast as fuck, does violently spicy damage and looks cool as hell (And now I can actually see my enemy rather than just his feet)You have a warmup fight which, honestly, isn't really anythings special. It's nice to see that Genichiro always has a similar moveset that sticks with him (I just started NG+#2 and defeated him in the fight you're destined to lose) it just really makes you feel like you've learned from your previous encounters. And after you're done the real battle begins. It's flashy, it's theatrical and it makes you yearn for more. Every stage is different, however Isshin incorporates a moveset that let's you react in time. - Warning sign - did he push me back? Ok Mikiri counter - did he sheathe his sword? Probably a good time to get ready to jump. Sheathed his sword without a sign? Damn either hes gonna throw his Windwall or do a doublestrike - where am I standing? Now he's got a spear and ... a pistol? Wait what he still has his sword in the other hand what's going on? Honestly this fight took me ages to figure out properly. First you have to defeat the grandchild without getting hit too hard and then you have to adapt to a fundamentally different fighting style. Defeating Isshin is probably one of the most rewarding feelings of fulfillment I've ever gotten out of playing a videogame. It just felt so good. Also I really liked the way the weather changed with the different stages - as I said it's truly theatrical. This game can be so beautiful it's sad that the DoH was such a disaster for me.

    TLDR:

    Demon of Hatred - bad

    Isshin - good

    Thanks for reading this far. Let me know how you felt about DoH - did you also feel like it was tedious and annoying or did you actually somehow manage to enjoy that one?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/RisottoGames
    [link] [comments]

    I just noticed why sekiro doesn't have any dlcs?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:05 PM PST

    Game been out of a long time and no dlc shame really

    submitted by /u/Tracyget
    [link] [comments]

    ***NEW*** Fastest late game experience farming route. Faster than Outskirts Stairwell route by roughly DOUBLE. Please skip to :28 seconds. :D Yay I did a thing.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Finally beat the game the last boss was fucking insane. I probably died to him like 50 times

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:25 AM PST

    Change my mind: Demon of hatred is only difficult because people are too greedy. I helped some players on twitch by recommending to not attack so much on a row. And looking at his feet. Its totally possible and easy to parry his stomp attacks. Which gives you a little more time to attack him...

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:02 PM PST

    The fight gets shorter. And its even possible to fill his Posture bar up. In fact he is not unfair because he is: a dArK sOuL bOsS . Chainded orge is similiar to him. Or even blazing bull. Dont be greedy or you get punished. Parrying is viable with all these bosses which doesnt make them a dark souls bosses. Hell Juzou the Drunkard is also easily dodgable. That doesnt make him a darks souls enemy either.

    You need to be close to him. Like all sekiro bosses and mini bosses. You need to jump with certain attacks. Boss is easy if you undestand the pattern. Like with most bosses from Fromsoftware

    submitted by /u/Nibelungen342
    [link] [comments]

    Hirata Audience Chamber Door Locked

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:30 PM PST

    Hey y'all just found this sub. Anyways I'm trying to advance into the audience chamber but the door is locked. I've killed everybody around and I've talked to the woman grieving and the old man who is severely injured. I run down the stairs and the door is locked. But every walkthrough on youtube the door is open. Please help. Thanks so much in advance.

    submitted by /u/GigundoCock
    [link] [comments]

    Is fighting Father Owl worth it?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:35 PM PST

    From what I've seen I can get the main ending not the true ending of this game without beating Father Owl.

    I have invested a lot of time and energy into the soulsborne Sekiro universe. Fighting Father Owl is an absolute chore, not a thrilling fun adrenaline rush. It's a set of random attacks hopefully that don't always go together.

    I just wanted to get to fountainhead and to do the last area and have some fun.

    Even his earlier roof form has some sort of rhythm/dance to it but Owl is looking like a coin toss.

    I'm not going for platinum or anything I just want to beat the game. I didn't want the bad ending but at this point I'm starting to think why am I doing this?

    I've had so much fun playing this game but I want closure. Elden ring is coming out for the new system next year and there are no plans for dlc for Sekiro. So at this point is putting in the hours to get that small achievement box to watch an extra 30 second video that's on YouTube worth it?

    Probably is huh? Fuckkkkkkk

    submitted by /u/Stompin14
    [link] [comments]

    some epic slow-mo videos

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:15 AM PST

    So what’s the top in general or your personal top reason for just not liking the game or not liking it as much as rest of souls Bourne series?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:42 PM PST

    Is Genichiro considered hard?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:50 PM PST

    Currently I'm fighting Owl, and he's beating my ass like nothing, but I never heard a word about him. Meanwhile, all I hear is people saying that Genichiro is super hard, and you should go beat all the other bosses and mini bosses first. So, I did that, I had a very hard time with Lady Butterfly and Corrupted Monk, but when I get to Genichiro, I smack the kid 2nd try while only getting hit once, and barely even needing to do any damage.

    Why is he considered tough? So far he is the main boss I struggled the least with, not including Folding Screen Monkeys.

    No spoilers for anything later on please! I'm still not done the game

    submitted by /u/MingecantBias
    [link] [comments]

    I'm excited!

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:24 PM PST

    I've wanted this game for ages now but haven't had the money. Well last night i decided to purchase sekiro. I'll be playing it when i get home from work today, and i can't wait.

    Any spoiler free tips you guys can give me? I love finding secrets and hidden areas and bosses and i know this game has some. What's the best way to search for these areas?

    submitted by /u/gorillaz938
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Sekiro today.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:38 AM PST

    Getting straight to the point. A fantastic game and my number 1 favorite.

    Everything from the combat to the deflects felt so fluid and wonderful. When I first started, I thought ¨This shouldn´t be hard at all. I beat all the souls games at level 1 and bloodborne at bl4. This will be a walk in the park.¨ I lost those thoughts as soon as I ran into Lady Butterfly. At some point when fighting her for the 60th time, it clicked and I suddenly beat her without much struggle. The rest of the game was a masterpiece and definitely worth the money spent. The bosses were just amazing, even the mini-bosses provided challenge and difficulty. Sword Saint Isshin, Demon of Hatred, and Owl (Father) are the hardest fights I have fought in a game and yet they never felt broken or unfair. A perfect amount of challenge and ultimate gratification upon beating them. And even then, every other boss is fantastic and I love them as well.

    God, this game is amazing. Definitely going to be playing it for a long while.

    submitted by /u/BigLadComingThrough
    [link] [comments]

    Info about future dlc?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:30 PM PST

    Does anyone have any idea if sekiro will have an upcoming dlc? or did fromsoft say they were not making one? I need more sekirooo

    submitted by /u/FenrisWolfff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment