• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Sekiro - Free Talk Friday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Free Talk Friday - Megathread


    Free Talk Friday - Megathread

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:10 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, here you can discuss any Off-Topic things you'd like to talk about, albeit New Games, real life stuff, or just something on your mind!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to copy papa owl's combo

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:31 AM PST

    Ashina Elite in a nutshell.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:28 PM PST

    Seeing all your sick combos, meanwhile I'm still playing like this

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:15 PM PST

    Come on in boys... the water is fine

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:37 PM PST

    Give me your thoughts on this Sekiro/Souls/Bloodborne tattoo idea I'm kicking around.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:51 PM PST

    Fanart I did earlier today after stress-playing Sekiro

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:37 PM PST

    Sekiro 98% Overwhelmingly Positive and top sold game on steam

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 03:49 PM PST

    Sekiro is being received very well, and I am glad it managed to do this despite all gaming journalist trolls creating hit pieces at launch; not to mention all the radical Dark Souls fans demanding a RPG. The market has spoken and GOTY awards are in sight. Congratulations to Fromsoftware and Miyzaki. I never thought a Fromesoftware game would be 98% positive in reviews.

    submitted by /u/HotshotAWG
    [link] [comments]

    It's the thought that counts

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:23 AM PST

    What you actually see when you die in Sekiro...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:55 PM PST

    Wolf is in the little animation on the Steam front page !

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:20 PM PST

    This guy is a bit hard to kill for me. Anyone got some tips or a good video? The other videos are out dated and they patched his bugs so no way I can capitalize on them...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:44 PM PST

    This person was my headache of the day. ��

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:51 PM PST

    snake.exe has stopped working

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:08 PM PST

    Sculptor's Idol Found - art by me

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:42 AM PST

    I drew this when I was 12...Now I'm 26

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:31 PM PST

    Forgetting Soulsborne mechanics was the best thing for me - A love letter

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:59 PM PST

    So,

     I've owned Sekiro since launch. I played up until right before Genichiro, and then quit for a LONG time. Why? Because I couldn't get out of my Souls and Bloodborne habits. I'm platinum on DS3 and BB, actually got platinum on BB about a month or two before Sekiro launched. The habits that I had gained from years of Souls and BB were a huge detriment to how I approached this game. I actually, almost purposefully(thanks work), took a very long break from all the Soulsborne games and played stuff like Frostpunk, and ESO. Hell, I even platinumed all three Spyros, which I bought for my kids. Not to mention the childhood classic MediEvil(Thanks Other Ocean!). It was the best decision I made to re-evaluate my habits, and come back to Sekiro. I've grown my patience, came at it from a patient, yet aggressive and deflecting mindset, and have steamrolled my way right to Isshin the Sword Saint. The entire experience has been an absolute blast! Switching from my"why can't I grasp this?" to "this is the best game I've played in the last 5 years". It's the incredible community, the "edge of my couch" combat, and just the overall feeling of the game.... it became more than a game for me. It became something that I can finally benchmark my level of skill and patience against. A game that actually gets me elated and engaged, and that's fantastic for me. Just a masterpiece in my opinion, and something that I'm kinda proud to be a part of. I can't wait to NG+ this as many times as I've NG+ BB and DS1 and 3. Just incredible enjoyment. Thanks again FromSoftware, and thanks to all of you players for continuing the stories of pain and elation so that we're all connected in pain and triumph. 
    submitted by /u/ButtRuffuhgus
    [link] [comments]

    I love the combat so much

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:49 PM PST

    To me personally parrying and dodging made this my favorite game. By my fourth play through I felt like a master. I am probably in the minority when saying this but I love that I didn't have to worry about my sword breaking and other rpg elements I know it's a long shot and it probably won't haven't but I'm praying Elden Ring has the same or at least similar combat as Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/CaptainDeadpool1
    [link] [comments]

    One of my favorite things about Emma is how clean her Ashina Cross is. A true master, compared to us.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:12 AM PST

    About skills...

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:35 PM PST

    Just got the Mortal Blade and, as soon as I get 5 points, I can unlock Empowered Mortal Draw ('cause I have Ashina Cross). Since I have plenty of abilities to unlock, like Shadowrun, is Epowered Mortal Draw that important to invest into?

    submitted by /u/Barone1976
    [link] [comments]

    It’s on sale

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:15 PM PST

    Just thought I'd let you all know if you didn't already. It's on sale on steam until the 3rd

    submitted by /u/GondorTheLAme
    [link] [comments]

    Finally beat the last boss

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:09 PM PST

    I know the game has been out for some time but I was late to come to it.

    I'm a huge fan of the Souls games and Bloodborne. So this was a natural choice to pick up - but it was a good year of games last year so I'm a little late.

    All I can say is: Holy Shit the Sword Saint was hard!

    He's definitely the hardest boss in any of the Soulsborne in terms of time I spent on fighting him. The four life bars is almost comical, too. I think I fought him over 100 times (often giving up if he put me to resurrect before his spear phase).

    But this was so rewarding to finish- learning each phase and figuring out how to execute perfectly. His spear phase absolutely killed me for so long, and finally I just realized that it wasn't going to be a rush to his posture break - but a slow and steady battle.

    For final phase, I ended up practicing for about an hour catching lightning on the Flower Garden mob in fountainhead. That made an absolute world of difference!!! Caught three Lightning's on him and in that last phase beat him with many gourd heals to spare.

    Just wanted to share this story and say that was an amazing, frustrating, exceptional boss fight. I think the hardest of the games and truly an iconic one. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/sarpedonx
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoyed the game, but this final boss is the first time in a Souls game where I'm throwing in the towel.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:44 PM PST

    Finished every Souls game I've played and Platinumed Bloodborne, so this is really hard for me to do. The last boss fight with his four bullshit phases is just too much. It's just not fun. I'm sure I could put in the 10 hours of neurotic analysis and beat him, but I'm just not sure why I'd do that. If it was mid game and I knew I'd be missing a bunch by walking away, that'd be a different story, but this just feels like "Oh, you made it to the end? Well fuck you."

    The saddest part is, this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'm going to be hard pressed to get the next From game. I NEVER leave things uncompleted. This just sucks, but with a job and kids, I'm really at the point where willingly raging for ten hours just so I can mark something "complete" isn't worth my time or stress.

    Don't mean to dump on you guys, but at least you'll hopefully understand.

    submitted by /u/TheObviousChild
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Genichiro is going down!!!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:20 PM PST

    After 3 days, countless deaths and probably all npc with Dragonrot, I managed to beat G.! Imho it's been one of the best fight ever done in a videogame. I was so scared of Sekiro, without the coop aid in boss fights. Scared of the difficult spike. Afraid to destroy my controller, victim of my own rage. I must say, after leaving Ashina Castle, that this game is really amazing. You need to improve yourself. You need to git gud. You need to calm down and think. Learn. Rinse. Repeat. I don't know what lies ahead in my journey, I tend to avoid spoilers, but I know it will be difficult. Harder. Nearly impossible. "Nearly", I wrote. Because Sekiro's philosophy is "everything can be done" IF YOU PAY ATTENTION. That's the end of my appreciation post! Apologize for the lengthiness and the eventual errors, I'm Italian.

    PS: for all of you struggling with Genichiro... Only few words: BE AGGRESSIVE. Fight him in Close quarter. Eventually you will scream for joy as I did. At 43 years.

    submitted by /u/Barone1976
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment