• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    Sekiro - Lore Thursday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Lore Thursday - Megathread


    Lore Thursday - Megathread

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:10 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, here you can discuss the lore of the game, and possible story plots you have discovered.


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Discussion on Lore only, any off-topic or otherwise troll comments will be removed.

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to get a Miyazaki tribute tattoo (don't worry he hasn't died). I'm pretty happy with the results. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:30 PM PST

    5 hours into NG+ and finally defeated dear old dad. Onto purification!!!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:32 AM PST

    Finally Got Platinum in Sekiro!!!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:05 PM PST

    F in the chat boys

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:02 PM PST

    If you ever need a good laugh, just look at the 1-star reviews.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:56 PM PST

    Joined the platinum clan today.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:55 PM PST

    The true power of sweet rice ball

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:43 AM PST

    One trophy away from platinum

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:27 PM PST

    I went into Star Wars: Fallen Order expecting Sekiro combat.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:08 PM PST

    I want to warn everyone that the parry system is really sloppy compared to Sekiro, and the game is horribly balanced for the hardest difficulty. Also 50% of the time you are fighting beasts and monsters, and 10% of the time you are fighting a lightsaber duel. The shinobi prosthetic also integrated in the game way better than the force skills you unlock.

    submitted by /u/HotshotAWG
    [link] [comments]

    I break things out of frustration, and have serious anger issues, yet I can handle Sekiro’s difficulty.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    I've thrown chairs through the wall, and destroyed computers worth thousands. I never tried Souls, Bloodborne, or Sekiro due to the fear of breaking something or them being too hard. I recently played fallen order, and from everything I saw, Sekiro was a better version of that, so I decided to give it a try. Holy shit, I've never felt such Zen in a video game and getting in the zone. I can fail for hours on Sekiro and not even come close to rage level.

    Why?

    Because it's fair. When I lose, it's not cheese, or randomness, it's because I didn't parry, dodge, or counter, or attack properly. I failed on Genichiro no joke, probably a hundred times, and Ape another 25+. I feel such a high degree of satisfaction from beating these encounters. I also like the fact that I can stealth and grapple across many parts as well.

    I love this game, and it is one of my favorite games of all time, and one I'll NG+ multiple times.

    They better make a second, I swear.

    submitted by /u/damballah
    [link] [comments]

    Holy Crap this game is open...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:29 PM PST

    Seriously, once you defeat the Bull... there's so bloody much to explore. I've encountered two 'true' bosses, I believe (defined as ones I'm fairly certain have Memories), but I haven't felt the need to fight them because I still have places to explore. I think I'm about to run out and will actually have to deal with them (the only open path I have left is through the Senpou Monks, and I'd be shocked if I found more branches before the next true boss), but I'm amazed at how much there is to explore.

    It feels a lot like Dark Souls 1 to me, although I wonder how that feeling will fade. Having beaten Dark Souls, I feel that despite the world being open, the path through the game is very clear, with very little reason to deviate from the Gargoyles, Quelag, Anor Londo path once you know how to navigate it.

    Still, I feel Sekiro does work better. Dark Souls 1 had various items and spells laying around that you might want to go out of your way for, but that was only ever specific builds, and most of the time, you could get what you wanted with a quick suicide run. Or if you wanted to join the invader covenant. In contrast, Sekiro uses it's open world to balance out it's "Grinding doesn't help much" approach. If I'm having a hard time with a boss, I can just bugger off and look around for more Prayer Beads and Gourd Seeds, all the while collecting more Idol spots to continue at later on. Better players can just follow relatively straight-forward routes, but whereas Dark Souls alternate paths were often just "You're not actually meant to be here yet, so the enemies will be hard-hitting meatwalls" (at least to new players), every alternate path I've been down feels like a valid way for me to go. I legit don't know where I'm 'supposed' to go, and I suspect there is no 'intended' path, like there is in Dark Souls 1.

    Still, I'm curious as to what people have to say about this. I feel like you're 'supposed' to defeat Gyobu ASAP, since he unlocks your ability to upgrade Tools, but I'd be surprised to find that there's anything else nearly so important to standard progression after that that you're compelled to take on after that. For vets who've beaten the game, I suspect it's really up to individual player preference (possibly for certain favored tools) or even just their mood that day. Is that true?

    submitted by /u/Sines314
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite area?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:31 PM PST

    What is your favorite area? It doesn't have to be a specific level it could be just one spot that you find amusing. My favorite spot is right before you enter the Hirata Estate when you're on the hill looking at the burning of the Estate. I especially love this area because you can see the building where you find the most raven feathers (my favorite prosthetic tool) and how it hints that you must find that hidden tower.

    submitted by /u/memus_deletus
    [link] [comments]

    Short Owl Theory

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:56 PM PST

    In both Owl fights you can often get a free hit off if, while approaching him, you time your swing when he's just barely in range. Wondering if that's intentional - because the last time he fought Wolf he was a kid and had less reach.

    submitted by /u/7TeenWriters
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to get every skill, and now that I only have two left, this one is suddenly unavailable?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 06:34 PM PST

    I liked how my last video turned out. Here's the rematch with Owl's memory.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:25 PM PST

    I just got the platinum trophy!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 01:24 PM PST

    Grinding for skills in the end was a pain, though everything else was awesome.

    I did 4 playthroughs for each ending, and one of them was fully without Kuro's Charm! I feel really proud.

    My favourite bosses are Sword Saint Isshin, Genichiro and Owl.

    I can also use this flair now.

    submitted by /u/KilaniPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting Isshin on a Charmless & Bell Demon run is like fighting him for the first time again

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:03 AM PST

    I beat Isshin on NG+3 first try but now that I'm playing without Kuro's Charm & the Bell Demon active, he's become even more of a challenge than he was when I first fought him. You HAVE to be near flawless or else you'll die extremely quickly. Miyazaki is nuts for putting this challenge in but I love it so much

    submitted by /u/GrubsLudwig
    [link] [comments]

    What are other games you enjoy when sekiro makes you rage Quit?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Usually when Sekiro makes me mad, I play the Witcher three. What do y'all play?

    submitted by /u/wearegettingadivorce
    [link] [comments]

    So I beat Lady Butterfly on my 4th attempt...

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:43 PM PST

    Does anyone believe me?

    submitted by /u/NotRandoMan
    [link] [comments]

    About to start this game for the first time, is it as hard as everyone says?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:06 PM PST

    I've beaten all the soulsbornes (platted ds1 and bb), but I always preferred ranged builds like pyro and faith. Everything I'm reading is about how this game is so hard that it's not fun, even for experienced souls vets. Is this still the case?

    submitted by /u/flybonzai0725
    [link] [comments]

    I just found an super easy way to beat the samurai or 3rd boss

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:33 PM PST

    Most people will say to counter at the right time and jump over his dangerous attacks with him but i think i found a super easy way to beat him and you probably won't even have to end up reviving yourself. All it takes is 3 easy steps

    1) dash around him

    2) once he attacks hit him but only once, sometimes maybe twice but just know that if you fuck up he will take a shitload if damage from you.

    3) repeat

    submitted by /u/blackmanbk
    [link] [comments]

    I’m lost, and I plan on restarting just so I can not be so lost, could someone give me a list of what bosses to fight first? I lm literally don’t know where I’m supposed first.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:09 PM PST

    Top text

    submitted by /u/DDtr0uble222
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Pickup Item

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:46 PM PST

    Just killed Hanbei, and he dropped an item. I cannot pick it up. There's no "Pickup Item" text. It's like the item isn't there at all. Saved and returned to title screen, and came back to find the same thing. Not sure if resting will cause it to disappear...

    submitted by /u/Sines314
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment