• Breaking News

    Friday, November 15, 2019

    Sekiro - Lore Thursday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Lore Thursday - Megathread


    Lore Thursday - Megathread

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:09 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, here you can discuss the lore of the game, and possible story plots you have discovered.


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Discussion on Lore only, any off-topic or otherwise troll comments will be removed.

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Did somebody already do this?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:15 AM PST

    I wasn't aware the felyne cats from Monster Hunter World knows how to spam Ichimonji.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:03 PM PST

    It's time. I'm super excited

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:58 PM PST

    Not to be confused with Seven Spears

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:13 PM PST

    Finisher deathblow

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    this evil COCKS

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 08:55 PM PST

    Heart broken. Only had to beat Sword Saint for the platinum.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:27 AM PST

    From Software has the best chance of winning GOTY this year

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:39 PM PST

    Seriously, Bloodborne was robbed and Dark Souls 3 wasn't even nominated for goty. We know that these games are not meant to be massive mainstream titles which usually are the games that win goty, but I feel FROM has the biggest chance of winning this year. Sekiro is the highest rated game of the year after Resident Evil 2. RE2 is a remake and if a genre has less of a chance of winning goty than a super hard action game, it's the horror games. I think if fromsoft doesn't win this year, they are never going to win. Elden Ring comes out next year along with TLOU2 and Cyberpunk 2077 and no matter how amazing Elden Ring is, there is no chance it is winning against those 2 titles.

    submitted by /u/6ar1f641g658841wVG
    [link] [comments]

    How to completely cheese O'Rin of the water

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 07:22 AM PST

    I finished sekiro without resurection

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:30 AM PST

    My first post on reddit was asking if it was possible to beat sekiro without using resurection, I was told yes so I took the challenge. Today I finally did it, it was hard but I did it.

    Here is my psn id if anyone wants to check out: daan3900

    submitted by /u/daan_3900
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go next...

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:54 PM PST

    I just beat Genichiro and did all the stuff talking to Emma, Kuro, and the old dude. Should I go to that deep valley, the weird caves near the first idol at the castle, or at the other dark cave in behind the area the game began in?

    submitted by /u/HarambeAndGanja
    [link] [comments]

    What things do you think Sekiro did right and wrong?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:42 AM PST

    Months after beating the game, I keep thinking back to it because I loved how the game panned out. The plot was strange- there was this cool dichotomy between fantasy elements (e.g. Fountainhead, immortal spring, demons) and more grounded political elements (trying to save Ashina). The gameplay was excellent as well. However, I kept thinking before the game came out that we'd see something along the lines of terror when I saw the Headless. I was disappointed that there was no "Blood moon" type event, and that all we saw were these corny phantom images of the same enemies we fought previously in the game. Overall, I think that it's a shame that we only get gems like this once every few years. It seems like From is one of the few AAA devs these days committed to doling out masterpieces like this that I think of months after beating them.

    submitted by /u/ruinus
    [link] [comments]

    I've postponed sharing this for a while. I hope that it still counts as sufficient proof, however.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PST

    Has anyone noticed that the lone shadows especially the Boss ones that their clothings bares resemblance of the kusari chain armor or is it just me because they do look similar to be honest.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:20 AM PST

    Is it just me or does Wolf's voice sound better in English?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 02:59 PM PST

    I use Japanese dubs with English subs unlike casuals who use english dubs, but I tried it once while I was fighting genichiro and I think it does. I switched back to Japanese after I beat him though

    submitted by /u/Reeee93616
    [link] [comments]

    just beat my first playthrough. [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:36 AM PST

    after 6 hours, finally Saint Isshin went down, my palms are sweaty and my fingers are shaking, during my continues 6 hours battle, i've never felt tired or bored, it was 6 straight hours of pure epicness.

    when i first approached this game i was a little bit coy about, i heard what people said about it and was worried that perhaps the game's mechanically broken, the thought itself terrified me, i didn't wanna live in a world where a From Software game sucks, i love From with passion and i love Miyazaki not just as a video game developer, i look up to Miyazaki as an example of the kind of man i wanna be after i graduate.

    now that i've played and beat the game my self, i honestly don't know what to say or how to describe my experience or what i'm feeling right now, i just love this game, it's possibly one of Miyzaki's finest works ever, unlike DS, i never came across a situation where i felt helpless, it always starts with "oh god, this looks ridiculous, how am i gonna beat that?" and it ends with "i can do this, i got the patterns, just one more time.", the game really capitalize on the "one more try" itch with it's intensity, the game is indeed hard, but not impossible as some people claim, and it definitely doesn't need an easy mode. the feelings i had while playing this game, i've never felt them with any other game before, blood and adrenaline rushing through my whole body, these intense feelings only made me wanna go further, it kept me always wanting to come back for more, i remember the day i beat Geinchiro, the day started with me beating Lady Butterfly, and then this fight gave me an adrenaline rush that lasted the whole day and made me beat another 4 side bosses the same day during the same session.

    game play wise, i honestly think this game revolutionize the action genre by making the health meter obsolete, rarely did i ever find myself paying attention to enemies' health and my focus was always directed at their posture instead, the game doesn't have the same options as DS, instead it offers it's own set of options, prosthetic tools and skills, all of them are purely situational, there's no such thing as a perfect tool or skill "as far as i know" that will help you beat the game or make it easier for you, it all boils down to your skills and how best you utilize them, items are especially helpful, i've lost count of how many times an Ungo's sugar saved my ass when i had no healing items left by making me tank a couple of hits.

    as for the story, i honestly never felt emotionally connected to some video game characters since i last played Nier Automata in 2017, the characters say very little, yet these little words and hummings carry a lot of meanings, some games especially in the JRPG genre blabber on for hours yet their words mean very little and after their dialogues end you barely remember anything from what they just said, in Sekiro's case it's "less is more".

    one thing this game really lacked is the world, i really loved exploring every little nook and cranny, i especially loved how they creatively recycled some of the areas, unlike Nioh's blatant copy/pasting of levels and bosses, i did not back up my saves before the final boss as i'm gonna go through NG+ and get the other endings and the side quest endings as well, this game's just that awesome and this is just how much i love it.

    submitted by /u/RBEdge96
    [link] [comments]

    Are turbo buttons not only cheating a game but myself?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:04 AM PST

    I started playing Sekiro last weekend and I love it so far. Obviously, Sekiro is a difficult game. I had been moving through it pretty smoothly until I hit a wall at the trifecta of Horse boss, Purple Ninja, Lady Butterfly. I feel like this is where the point where the game became adapt or die.

    I kept reading about how deflect was vital and then people saying they were so bad at deflect timing they got through the game by just spamming L1.

    This got me thinking: being on Steam, I could change the configuration so L2 acted the way L1 normally did, hold to block. Then I mapped L1 to turbo the block button. It kinda helped, not perfect obviously, the attacks I deflect vs block comes down to luck which means I am not going to nearly the same level of posture damage as timing it right.

    I got past all 3 of them last night. I think it's mostly thanks to me understanding the game better and learning the patterns better, though a little of it probably is due to the turbo button.

    I was thinking though, is this cheating? Obviously it's outside the games intended operation. At the same time we used the turbo controller to get through some of the really hard NES games as a kid like BattleToads, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden and never thought twice about it. The games were still bloody hard and the turbo control felt more like a mercy to the flesh rather than an advantage.

    submitted by /u/tacticalcraptical
    [link] [comments]

    I think it’s a glitch

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:17 PM PST

    So I've been trying to do the kite puzzle and I think i broke it, I couldn't kill the enemy that was controlling it and when I died the kite was still in the sky and nobody was there. I've done everything I can think of but nothing is working. Help

    submitted by /u/Memeboizz
    [link] [comments]

    This is upsetting for me as a player who loves to punish himself

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 12:01 PM PST

    I'm abit miffed at the fact i don't have Kuro's charm to give back at the beginning. Figuring this would be a welcome way to challenge myself given it nerfs the block and makes the difficulty harder, but it's looking like i may have to beat the game before i can do that, which sucks because i want my first playthrough to be my hardest.

    Guess my second playthrough will have to fix that.

    Edit: is anybody else disappointed Dragonrot didn't work similar to World Tendency in Demon's Souls, making the game harder in some ways every time you die? Cuz dying at this point has no meaningful repercussions.

    submitted by /u/AshenRathian
    [link] [comments]

    I gave up on this game 6 months ago when I couldn't beat Genichiro for 2 weeks. I am coming back and I really need some tips to beat him.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:15 AM PST

    I am really struggling, help lol

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_TOP_KEK_PICS
    [link] [comments]

    should i continue on pc (freezes) or start again on xbox

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 11:15 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    My pc is getting me crazy (freezes) and I can't continue this amazing game (I didn't have so much fun since many years).

    I'm at Ashina Castle and I defeated the blazing bull.

    Would you buy the game and start fresh (I have an xbox one x) or wait until I have the time to find out what is going on with my computer (tired of these computer issues ...)

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/sof_m
    [link] [comments]

    For those having trouble with phase 2 and 3 of Sword Saint Isshin, please watch this video and utilize this tactic. It's a damn life saver.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 10:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment