• Breaking News

    Monday, November 25, 2019

    Sekiro - Meme Monday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Meme Monday - Megathread


    Meme Monday - Megathread

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:13 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, "Meme Mondays" are meant to be a compromise between the users on /r/Sekiro who enjoy memes/shitposting and the users who dislike these kinds of posts.


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here

    • Memes and shitposts on /r/Sekiro are allowed only on Mondays and only in the stickied megathread (the thread you are currently viewing).

    • No NSFW memes, please!


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    King of the Storm - Sekiro style (art by me)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:11 PM PST

    Was there ever any lore or explanation about this guy? He played such an important role in the game but I feel like he was just forgotten

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 07:53 PM PST

    Is Sekiro worth buying

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:54 PM PST

    I want to buy sekiro but people say that its super hard so im not sure. Im kind of trash at dark soul like games but sekiro looks fun to play.

    submitted by /u/blackmanbk
    [link] [comments]

    It’s here!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:21 AM PST

    So satisfying, every time! Sakura Bull must have a heart condition or something.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:54 PM PST

    (Spoiler) Sword Lore

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 07:24 PM PST

    So, according to the wiki the Black Mortal Blade is a reference to Muramasa. In my opinion, this may not be the case.

    Muramasa's swords were actually used by the Tokugawa. Later on, when the Tokugawa unified Japan, the swords gained a reputation as a symbol of rebellion against them and evil artifacts in Kabuki plays. But, when they were actually in use, they weren't seen as cursed weapons. So, given that the Tokugawa are the basis of the Interior Ministry, it wouldn't make sense for their favored weapons to be this deeply associated with the Ashina in this era.

    So, what is the Black Mortal Blade an homage to? Well, the legendary swordsmith Amakuni supposedly gained immortality through the blood shed by his swords. The Black Mortal Blade grants immortality to the one it brings back from the underworld, not just resurrection. (As evidenced by the kill message on Isshin Ashina being "Immortality Severed") So it fits Amakuni's supposed immortality and fits the theme of immortality. Also, the Black Mortal Blade itself is a double edged construction that was known as a Kissaki Moroha Zukuri or Kogarasu Zukuri. And the most famous blade in that style was the Kogarasu Maru forged by Amakuni.

    submitted by /u/Amonkira42
    [link] [comments]

    Armored Warrior: "My lightly armored butt is right at your eye level!" Sekiro: "I'm gonna ignore it to climb you and boop you in the most armored parts!"

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:15 PM PST

    This was the one fight where if you 'know too much' about historic armor it's a drawback.

    Due to the giant's height your normal attacks whack him right in his chain crotch and butt and back of the knee areas, so I expected this fight to be a lesson on "this guy brags about his musket proof armor that sacrifices coverage compared to earlier centuries of plate armor for extra thick chest and head protection... but it's super obvious where his weak points are hanging right in front of your face"

    As that guy is a giant, his gigantic mask has eye and mouth openings big enough for a standard thick katana to fit through too.

    I eventually did knock him to his death

    submitted by /u/AndyLC
    [link] [comments]

    After reinstalling...

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:37 PM PST

    I 1st tried lady butterfly and genichiro, surprised me

    submitted by /u/WelcomeToIdiotville
    [link] [comments]

    wow, this game feels quite good with KB+M

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 09:04 PM PST

    I dropped the game once because I can't beat a miniboss in the first area(? Ashina Outskirts), and my cheap generic USB controller is acting like a brat (disconnecting-connecting at random).

    Watched some gameplay on youtube makes me wanna play again, coincidentally I watch StealthGamerBR's gameplay and see he has keyboard prompts, so I decided to try it and goddang, it actually felt pretty good, I even manage to defeat that miniboss before with KB+M.

    submitted by /u/mujhair
    [link] [comments]

    Joined the Git Gud Club Today!!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:51 PM PST

    Finally beat SSI today and accomplished the Return Ending. Finally stoked to get into NG+ and finish all the endings!!!

    Hesitation is indeed defeat SSI, it is indeed

    submitted by /u/itsmateo
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Genichiro my 2nd try and I am shaking

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:04 AM PST

    By far my favourite fight so far. He was tricky for sure but I was able to actually counter his sweep and thrust perilous attacks.

    I must've got good RNG for his 2nd phase because he only used lightning twice and hit me once with it. I did use the firecrackers but only to give me a second to breathe. I'm loving this game so far.

    submitted by /u/IsNotYourSenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Sword Saint Isshin, no deflection dodge only, no hit.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 03:06 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FoUPIgrVEc

    So apparently it is possible to pay the game like Bloodborne (without modding) if you wanted to.

    submitted by /u/MonadoAbyss
    [link] [comments]

    Seven Spears...

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:43 PM PST

    Is a complete fuckin asshole. I got Elite dojo guy down. All the generals up boy atop The castle stairs. Got the "giraffe". But this guy?! 2 fucking hours. I just can't react fast enough. My input lag full setup gives me no quarter either. I've watched every guide possible. Im aggressive then defensive. I cannot hit the mikiri against the underground spear sweep. And dodging and jumping against that one gets me killed in one hit. He's the last roadblock from my 4th prayer bead (besides purple boy below him, which I know I can't beat) idk if I want tips or just to rant. I love this game....but fuck me. Also gave Genichiro row a try after Elite and lots of guides. That was a joke, he mopped me off the floor. I watch guides and its like effortless fights against every boss. I try to learn all their moves and idk what it is man, it's really getting to me. Sorry bout the anger. I don't wanna take a break either, I just want to be able to beat this fuck.

    submitted by /u/atipsywaffle
    [link] [comments]

    Tomoe - or the fight I want to see

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:40 PM PST

    Hey, I'm in NG+5 and still have my fun with the game and the Saint with the Glock is still giving me the proper challenge.

    But I think that a fight against Lady Tomoe is the one thing that is "missing" ... it would the the icing on the cake, in my opinion. Therefore I thought of aspects the fight could include:

    I was thinking of a 3-phased boss with a overall fighting style which i would describe as: "If Emma was a Sword Saint" - it should feel like a dance.

    The first phase: A proper clashing of swords, atleast on the pace level of the first phase of the Sword Saint. Also she should use her speciality: The Spiral Cloud Passage and I think it would be a nice suprise if she can fake thrust attacks and punish it hard if you concentrate too hard on the Mikiri. And finally she should be able to dodge opening attacks that are too blunt - like old Isshin but maybe she performs here counter in other ways. The first phase should be a warm-up and tell you at the same time that she is no joke.

    The second phase: Ones you brought her down the first time, she acknowledges your skill and shows you the true Way of Tomoe... and thats means lightning. But unlike the other lightning phases, it should not be the easiest way to make damage if timed right: If you try to redirect her lightning she will redirect it again (maybe even in a different angle) - you have to counter it in a small frame of time and then you will get your serious hit on her. She might even infuse some of her thrust attacks with lightning so you have to be very careful when to Mikiri and when not. Her overall moveset should not change completely but a small little fine tunings here and there - that might get you out of your concepts on the first attempts.

    The third phase should be the game experience of what Isshin said about her: "To see her fight, it's like she is dancing. When you look into her eyes... You feel as if you're being drawn into the depths of the ocean. I was completely taken by her and it almost killed me... I've lived a long life, but that was the closest I've come to death." - and to emphasize that, I think it would be a neat idea to give her a second sword which alters her moveset more than in the previous phases. Her dancing with two sword at once, performing a spiral of death which could symbol being drawn into the depths of the ocean. Her lightning use should be reduced in this phase as the player might have enough problems adapting to the changes of her moveset. I'm thinking of double thrusts (where you might have to dodge the first to counter the second) and sweap attacks in different directions ... overall her attack ratio with two swords is higher so a careful posture management is needed. Might even make a viable use of Gokans Sugar.

    What do you guys think ? I'd like to hear your suggestions :)

    submitted by /u/MayoebaYabureru97
    [link] [comments]

    Isshin, The Sword Saint doesn't want me to win. Please help!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:33 PM PST

    First off, I absolutely love this game. The gameplay is so much fun and the combat is smooth as butter. It makes you feel like a real badass shinobi. I've enjoyed every moment of it.

    That being said, Isshin is a real jerk haha. On my 10th attempt, I got him down to phase 3 and we broke each others posture at the same time. He seemed to recover a bit faster than me and I panicked and died, I was absolutely devastated. Haven't been able to replicate that fight since. I've now lost count of the amount of times he's killed me.

    I have decided to take a break for a bit. I'm only able to knock my head against a wall so many times. So I'll come back to him later, once my heart stops pounding haha. In the meantime, if anyone has any words of encouragement or tips for me on how to go about this fight, it would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/infraredned
    [link] [comments]

    Need some info. (Spoilers if you're not this far)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    So I'm near the end of the game, and I just heard there's multiple endings. My question is (without spoiling) can someone tell me if I'm on the right track for the true ending? I came across Isshin The Sword Saint, haven't beaten him yet, and the Demon Of Hate. Haven't beaten him either.

    submitted by /u/Grim-N-Gruesome
    [link] [comments]

    I'm very confused with Ashina Castle

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:08 PM PST

    I just beat the illusion Corrupted Monk in Mibu Village and got the stone I needed for Kuro. I realize I now have to go through the entire area of Ashina Castle again, which I have done. But it just seems way too difficult. Great Shinobi Owl also seems incredibly difficulty, and I feel like I should be going somewhere else. So, what should I do to level up before Ashina Castle other than beating the Headless bosses? (I have no divine confetti and bosses are terrible)

    submitted by /u/inklingdude003
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest Boss Pole

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:40 PM PST

    Rules: just post the number that corresponds with your choice for the hardest boss

    1:Gyoubo Oniwa 2.Lady Butterfly 3:Genichiro (ashina and first tomoe) 4. Folding screen monkeys 5: guardian ape 6: headless ape 7:illusion monk 8: Great Shinobi Owl 9: Owl (father) 10: true monk 11: Divine Dragon 12: DoH 13: Sword Saint 14: Emma + Isshin

    submitted by /u/Allahs-Chosen
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Genichiro?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:40 AM PST

    Just beast the ashina elite and made it to the top of Ashina castle.

    His speed compared to ashina elite is manageable, but is there a method to the madness to get his posture up?

    I'm working on grinding a bit now for the shinobi eyes, ascending/descending carp skills cause I know those help a bit.

    Any tips are really welcome........

    submitted by /u/mangotree93
    [link] [comments]

    My targeting isn't working anymore can any one help

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:09 PM PST

    When I press RS nothing happens anymore I can't lock onto enemies I already checked to see if it was binded I don't know what else it could be any help appreciated

    submitted by /u/Nathan33333
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of a Sword emma draws? I Know it's not a katana.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:38 AM PST

    What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:52 PM PST

    I don't know what im doing wrong at this point. I can't seem to get a hold on this game. Ive played Demon Souls, all the Dark Souls. Bloodborne I've played them all.

    This game however went from interestingly fun to down right irritating. Its all about this deflect crap while the guy beats on you with endless swings until you get knocked back and he does it again. On top of that they have these power hits with the damn symbol...it lands you die from full health. I don't know what the hell to do. I've done the interaction needed to counter and hey it works 30% of the time. When it misses I die.

    I am literally at a stand still at the moment. One way is blocked a by a spear who impaled my ass with every hit. The other by a drunk fucker who hits endlessly until you stagger. This shinobi says ill help and is basically a bitch with a sword.

    I've read tips and such about the stuff im having trouble with. Half say aggressive half say counter. Ive done agressive. If you get countered you stand there like a fucking punching bag getting slashed to fucking pieces. And it doesnt do shit for bosses. Then I block block block. Shiny read symbol and I'm licking my ass juices from the floor.

    What am I doing wrong? Most of the power ups you get are locked by these mini bosses who do the same shit just dont kill you with 1 hit.

    submitted by /u/Shadowcross113
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment