• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 27, 2019

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Sekiro - Boss Tuesday - Megathread


    Boss Tuesday - Megathread

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, discuss your favourite boss encounters thus-far in here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest decision of the year

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:14 AM PST

    Senpou Temple

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:01 PM PST

    Thank you everyone for all your help. I'm rather proud I finally managed to get this Genichiro down. Lady Butterfly is already dead. Time to conquer the temple.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:34 AM PST

    I can't believe i finally did it ����

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:51 PM PST

    [OC] Long-arm centipede fanart

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:38 AM PST

    No. You can't be Shura!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:02 AM PST

    I am shook...

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:53 PM PST

    I just want everyone to know that I just beat Isshin. After months, the night after making my first to this community.. I did it. Thank you all for your good karma and positive vibes. Im in shock!! Watching the credits roll is unreal. I love this game because even though I watched videos on how to beat the bosses, they still were a challenge. I still may have hesitated a few times but I still beat his ass!!!

    submitted by /u/vgiphtm
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly makes this game hard?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:08 AM PST

    I just recently bought the game (thank you Black Friday), after literally months of avoiding anything related to the game. I haven't even seen any of the bosses (well maybe two that were in the trailer or short docu's. The monkey and that wire walking lady. And the priest, I believe. So that's three). I'm only at the start of the game and really want to take my time with it. So I mainly kill enemies by sneaking up behind them and doing the deed. I already love this game, but I've read some reviews and other opinions about the games immense difficulty. Some complain about and some gleefully praise it. But what exactly is hard about it? Please no spoilers

    submitted by /u/TuuberTubTub
    [link] [comments]

    How my Sekiro experience is

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:18 AM PST

    Almost every boss i fight go down these steps.

    1. I don't know anything and die horribly
    2. I get an idea of what to do and start enjoying the fight
    3. After many tries i get within reach of the first death blow, and continue to do well and die on the second DB
    4. I get killed quick by something i never been hit by before
    5. I am right on the cusp of victory, final DB and die at the very end
    6. Die to a move i never seen
    7. Die again
    8. Few more times
    9. Die so much i look up a cheese or strat
    10. Whatever it is doesn't work, at least, not for me
    11. Do something completely different that actually somehow works
    12. Get final DB and win the fight.

    12.5 Genichiro gets back up and proceeds to whop my a**

    And if all else fails.......Mortal Draw

    Any Input?

    submitted by /u/Armyfighter15
    [link] [comments]

    So any news of a DLC?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:18 PM PST

    Need help unlocking a certain fight (spoilers inside)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:15 PM PST

    So I just defeated Great Shinobi Owl in the Castle Lookout, I want to unlock his second fight in Hiteta Estate and this is what I did in order..

    I went to Kuros Room, spoke to Emma (I thought I had a gourd seed).

    Went to Ishins room, he was by himself and I eavesdropped on him, he talked about someone sacrificing himself for power.

    I went back to Lord Kuros Room, eavesdropped on Lord Kuro, he spoke about wishing to be as strong as some person (I'm guessing Sekiro?).

    And now, Emma has disappeared from Japan. I can't find her anywhere. I've tried the old grave, the starting temple, lord kuros room, ishins room. I know I need to talk to her (?) in order to advance something so I can get to Owl (Father).

    Could someone help me out? I've tried using google but I'm out of options now.

    submitted by /u/CoconutThiefIdv
    [link] [comments]

    The Sekiro insta just posted this... but they didn’t post the link anywhere, not even in their bio.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:36 AM PST

    Am i the only one happy that there are no actual cheese strats in this game?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:27 PM PST

    For retrospect, my definition of "cheese" is to circumvent a challenge in an unconventional way that was not fully intended by the developers of the game, either by hacks or by other in game means that defy the purposes if the design to your favor.

    For instance, you can't stand on the bottom side of a bridge firing arrows at a drake's tail, or kicking a knight off a cliff to avoid fighting him later. Alot of the things that were easy to abuse in Souls were caught onto and removed to make Sekiro a more genuine challenge. And i really like this. People talk about "cheese strats" like running past Snake Eyes in the gunfort and then coming back to backstab her after she deaggros, but in truth that doesn't necessarily cheese anything, it just takes a step off the game and it's pretty much totally expected by the developers to play like this, and in most cases the second part is typically made harder after you get that first deathblow. You're expected to do a stealthblow first where you can get it. And tools don't count as cheese either because you are fully intended to use them at their fullest during each fight, and by the same token you're also very limited with them.

    I've probably missed something completely, but i love the way this game challenges you and i am not bothered by the lack of RPG elements one bit.

    submitted by /u/AshenRathian
    [link] [comments]

    I remember reading a comment here about how you can get the Great Carp to be non-aggro during your swim through his tunnel and thought it was cool, but I don't remember how and can't find the comment or any info now. Does anybody know how to do that?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:48 PM PST

    New player, few questions (maybe slight spoilers)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:44 PM PST

    Just got this AWESOME game 3 days ago. I'm in Ashina Castle now, a bit struggling with the guy with riflemen on the stairs, but that's not the meaning of this post. I'm trying to understand if it's a game worth a ng+ (and more). I'm a huge fan of all FromSoftware games, so I hope "yes". And what about Hirata Estate? Do I need to finish that part before Ashina Castle? I'm asking because I left the Estate at the beginnig of the bamboo forest, wanting to give a shot to that bull best. And, incredible but true, I managed to kill the Beast. So became curious about the Ashina Castle and now I don't know what's best to do. Last but not least, what's the best skilltree to invest points into? Thank you all for any info! Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Barone1976
    [link] [comments]

    Boss help

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:05 AM PST

    OWL II: Electric Bugaloo

    Sooooo, I don't have too much of the game left, by my estimation, but I am simply ramming my head into a solid wall on the return encounter with Owl.

    I actually don't see a ton of posts on this encounter, so I'm hoping there is something I am missing that makes him more manageable. Any advice given will be greatly appreciated.

    Already tried: "Git Gud Nub". Didn't work yet.

    submitted by /u/Ronin_Ace
    [link] [comments]

    Character Art For Sekiwolf Part 2

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Got the designs for Sekiwolf Part 2 finished. Here's a preview. https://twitter.com/TheArgoNinja/status/1199422414880419841?s=20

    submitted by /u/TheArgoNinja
    [link] [comments]

    [OC][Video]SEKIRO REVIEW, bit late but I wanted to get it right... enjoy

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:09 PM PST

    Is Sekiro any good on the Surface Book?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 01:47 PM PST

    Hey All. So for the longest time I've been a Mac gamer, as it was the only computer I had for years, but lately I've been interested in building up a Windows gaming library on GOG. However, as stated above, the only other computer that I have at this time is a Surface Book. Would a game like Sekiro still be playable on this particular model, or would I be better off waiting until I got a better computer to handle gaming? I know that it's only limited to Steam at this time, and I would ideally prefer a DRM free copy, but if it's still a worthwhile experience I'd be willing to get it there again. Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mean_emcee
    [link] [comments]

    Owl Father Blows

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:41 AM PST

    Apparently people find this tedious fight enjoyable? Yeah, super fun doing tiny chip damage to him here and there because his posture meter is literally impossible to fill, meanwhile I have to dodge everything like a God or get absolutely run over. I've beat this game twice. Emma and Isshin Ashina? Hard but fair. Sword Saint? Crazy hard but also fair and one of their best bosses. This, on the other hand...idk what people find enjoyable about this. Fighting a boss for hours on end and dying upwards of 50 times before you finally get good enough rng isn't my idea of enjoyable. It seems like both of his fights you just have to kite him around the arena, doing small bits of damage here or there as opportunities arise. Meanwhile you have Sword Saint who is a lot of fun to duel and doesn't require you to spend the vast majority of the fight baiting out specific moves.

    submitted by /u/Gyromania07
    [link] [comments]

    How to easily beat the Raging bull

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:38 PM PST

    How do I beat this terribly designed boss

    Its gotten to the point where the game is not fun anymore.

    submitted by /u/Commester
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with Demon of Hatred’s fireball move?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:58 AM PST

    I've been banging my head against a wall for a few hours now, and that fucking volley of fireballs is the move that kills me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

    If you don't know what I'm talking about, he only does it on his 2nd and 3rd phases when you're at a moderate to long distance away from him, he'll get oh his hind legs and do a weird dance before he summons 8 or so super fast fireballs that track you.

    I don't know how to effectively deal with this move. In previous NG runs it was fine, but since I'm on charmless NG+3 with demon bell, it kills me if even one fireball hits me. The move only activates from a long distance but the fight with DoH heavily discourages up close fighting. I've tried the fire umbrella, and it doesn't work due to the sheer amount of fireballs he throws. I have to use nearly 10 spirit emblems deflecting each one and even then the fireballs come out faster than the umbrella can deflect, so I still take considerable damage and sometimes die. I've tried sprint strafing to limited success. It seems like whether or not the fireballs catch up to me is a dice throw, sometimes they catch up and other times they don't.

    It feels like nothing I do is an effective counter to this move, which is incredibly frustrating since my punishment for not countering it is instant death

    submitted by /u/LaughingMop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment