• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 7, 2019

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread


    RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 02:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, put whats bothering you, or rant away under here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • CAPS ONLY

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, boomer

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 08:57 AM PST

    I didn't land a single hit on NG

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 01:06 PM PST

    Boss

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 09:48 PM PST

    I don't know why people say this game is harder than Dark Souls tbh

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:43 PM PST

    Don't get me wrong, it's not easy but I'm not having quite as much trouble with this game as I did with the Souls series.

    Though, that may be because I'm having even more fun with this game. I might not be noticing my deaths as much.

    submitted by /u/XyleneCobalt
    [link] [comments]

    Original poster: u/andythemenace on r/memes. Does this remind you of anything?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 11:43 AM PST

    Sekiro has converted me...

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 08:46 PM PST

    I've thought about this for months. I can now definitively call it my favorite From Software game and one of the best I've ever played.

    submitted by /u/Hi-No-Ishi-1998
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Official Game Guide is now 15% off

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 12:18 AM PST

    S H A D O W R U S H T I M E

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 11:04 AM PST

    "We'll have to find a way to get some salt then..."

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 11:28 PM PST

    Y'all I just lost it eavesdropping on some jerks. I've been taunted. Time to step my game up. No more dodging I promise.

    submitted by /u/Raine386
    [link] [comments]

    Easily to kill Owl & Father with loaded spear & No-deflect use

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 12:49 PM PST

    Genichiro (Rooftop) NG+7 No Charm + Bell Demon is the best training for deflecting

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:31 PM PST

    Much as the title says I've started to do this particular fight over an over again in the past weeks and it really helps.

    I never used deflection before but now I planned to fight every enemy using sword and deflect only without any cheeses or skills. One enemy to really learn this is Genichiro. Now don't get me wrong here. I still struggeled to fight him in a regular match, so why did I choose to set up NG+7, give away Kuro's Charm and activated the Bell Demon?

    Simply because it really helps you a lot. Genichiro is fast, he is sometimes unfair, he will trigger moves if you push the wrong buttons. He is one enemy where you can't even take a single step since he could always attack you. He can freely combine many moves and therefore you need to rely on your eyes rather than on pattern. And without the Charm you quickly learn the difference between blocking and perfect deflecting.

    It's not about winning this fight but it's rather about learning to react to certain moves. So I've spent the past weeks every night fighting him 3 - 4 times in a row simply training and it helped a lot. Now I can fight many enemies without even paying attention to their casual moves as you quickly learn when to hit the deflect button once you see an attack.

    For those of you who struggle with enemies like the corrupted monk, Isshin, etc. try to learn it that way, you will quickly learn how to counter their attacks and it makes fighting a lot more easier then.

    There is a file on nexusmods that starts from a hacked position where you are already in Kuro's room and simply have to walk upstairs to fight Genichiro. It's already without the Charm and in NG+7. The only thing I added was that I went back to the temple and collected the Bell Charm. Also I increased the attack to 80 in my file because Genichiro's stance decreases incredibly fast and you need to build up some for defeating him. Which means you'd have to constantly attack him and that is of course no real training for deflecting.

    submitted by /u/Hydrag_2
    [link] [comments]

    me_irl

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 09:32 PM PST

    Stop me if this has been posted

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 09:30 AM PST

    But a dlc idea I just got while trying to fight The final boss is how did Genichiro get the black mortal blade? I want to see that adventure. And it ends as the opposite of the ending where you fight Sekiro and steal the power of the dragon from Kuro. Kind of like devil may cry 3 where you got to play as Virgil.

    submitted by /u/LoveMachine696969
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the story and time line

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    I think I generally understand the overall story and events, motivations of characters etc. hoping for clarification on a few things though

    • hirata happened 3 years prior and sekiro has no memory of it, or barely, because he was killed that night. He's killed by owl, so when you go back into the memory the second time you get a chance to kill owl because you learn that it was him and it comes back to you? Does this event actually occur or was it just in Sekiro's mind? Why is hirata the second time so much time different? Different character encounters and what not. Where lady butterfly at that point? Why are there so many ninjas instead of bandits ?
    submitted by /u/Halflife37
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot to upload this when I got it.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 08:05 AM PST

    Why I don't like Sekiro.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 11:06 PM PST

    I preordered this game and was really excited to play it, though as i played, my excitement flatlined. At first i thought it was because of the lack of items and variety, but i don't think that's the real problem. I think it's the balance of the game. the enemies are just so much stronger than you. Even when you are deflecting everything perfectly, it feels like a slog. besides the most basic of enemies, enemies hit much harder, are faster, have more mobility, and have better combat skills. The player character has useless moves, weak, slow attacks that barely dent the opponent, and the dash, that horrible, horrible dash.

    I just needed to get this off my chest. i'm at emma & isshin in my second playthrough and it all hit me. Playing makes me feel like a 5 year old waist deep in mud fighting an expert swordsman and i can't stand it.

    submitted by /u/Furtive_Fygmy
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting >!Owl Father!< for the first time on NG+2 without Kuro's charm is killing me.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 10:02 AM PST

    This is the first time I've tried the Purification ending, and honestly Owl Father is barely even fun anymore. The difficulty just feels artificial at this point, I can go back and forth perfectly deflecting and avoiding everything for like 2 minutes straight and wear down half his health without taking a scratch, then all of a sudden I get staggered - not even posture broken - and he's standing on me with that ridiculously long sword through my chest. I can't count the number of times I've lost this fight with 8-9 gourds left.

    The worst part? I have the maximum health I could possibly have, he's holding the last prayer bead in the game. I think his Great Shinobi Owl form is better, because while he destroyed me for about 3 hours straight it still always felt fair. Here I'm just getting wiped in 1 or 2 hits if I'm lucky. Back into the audience chamber I go, hesitation is defeat I guess.

    Edit: Nevermind, I just made him look like a goddamn bitch. Finished him off with 8 gourds left and nearly broke my controller in celebration.

    submitted by /u/WillOK17
    [link] [comments]

    The Beginning

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 05:59 PM PST

    How did Wolf lose his will to live?

    submitted by /u/mordhauw
    [link] [comments]

    Luring to the abandoned dungeon

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 05:16 PM PST

    Is this worth doing? I found the swordsman you can send, and I know of the big flower guy you can lure later. I assume you'll be losing their quests, is it worth doing for either?

    I think you get the big guys rewards if you give him the flower, so can I just send him after that and get everything?

    submitted by /u/Somedude12300
    [link] [comments]

    So I made it to ashina castle without going through hirata estates, is that normal?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2019 04:02 PM PST

    SPOILER

    I'm fighting genchiro in the ashina castle, the one where you kill him twice and something cool happens. I have only loaded surikan and one skill tree. Is this normal? Last night I grinded a ton and got many more skill trees and prostetic tools. Just wondering if my progression through the game was not the way it was designed (I know it's not supposed to be a linear campaign) but did I stray from the common path? I also have the senopu temple unlocked and finished I think. Not really looking for tips just like to talk about the game instead of write this paper lol

    submitted by /u/Cro_Magnums
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment