• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Sekiro - My bro caught the moment I defeated Isshin on camera... With only a slither of health!

    Sekiro - My bro caught the moment I defeated Isshin on camera... With only a slither of health!


    My bro caught the moment I defeated Isshin on camera... With only a slither of health!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:11 PM PST

    Bit late to the party but I finally bought this game. As Dark Souls and Bloodborne fan, I hope good times await.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:18 AM PST

    Pretty much what I've felt during my playthrough.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:51 PM PST

    Im gonna tell my grandkids about our battle

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:14 PM PST

    Hirata Assault - GIF By @Much118x

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:00 AM PST

    Wolf Art Credit to -- gewska

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:39 PM PST

    Isshin, The Sword Saint - No Parry - Featuring Ashina Cross

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:12 AM PST

    Yall seen this..

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:50 AM PST

    If it wasn’t for this community and people with their constant encouragement I would not have stuck with this fight for the last 10 hours over 3 days of playing. Neighbors dogs are barking again from my screams.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:55 PM PST

    Bean loves Sekiro

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:04 PM PST

    Game of the Year Photo!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:10 PM PST

    Honestly just gave up the first time it happened

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:22 AM PST

    After trying all night yesterday and all day today. I finally beat Isshin Sword Saint WITH NO KUROS CHARM AND BELL DEMON. This is probably my proudest gaming moment.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:39 PM PST

    My Aha Moment

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:11 PM PST

    I was first introduced to From Software with Bloodborne. At first I didn't get what all the fuss was about. I didn't get the gun mechanic so mostly played with the Ludwig holy blade double handed. Finally I decided in new game+ to play with a different weapon single handed and figured out the parrying timing. My second play through against Father Gascoigne I focused on parrying visceral attacks and all of a sudden, it clicked. Game made sense and my experience went from being okay to phenomenal, it felt like I was playing the game how it was meant to be played. Bloodborne has become one of my all time favorite games. From there I dove into the Souls series and From Software has become one of my favorite developers.

    Then Sekiro came out and it felt like I had to start over, I had a really hard time unlearning the dodge, block, parry mechanic that has been drilled into me. Harder than most it seemed. I really was struggling with the new paradigm Sekiro established. I stubbornly wasn't getting it and was going through the game at a snails pace. It took me forever beating lady butterfly (and admittedly had to look up how to cheese her) and it just wasn't fun. By the time I finally got to Lord Genichiro I was done, I didn't get it, he seemed impossible and I had to put the game down.

    After 8 months of playing other games and seeing Sekiro staring me in the face every time I turned on my PS4, last week I decided to give it another shot. And it was still a struggle but this time I couldn't even get past Lady Butterfly!

    But I decided to stick with it and explore other parts of the map. There was so much more to do before Lord Genichiro than I realized! I was still struggling though relying on trying on dodge and tools too much.

    Then I finally had two aha moments like I did with Bloodborne. The first was with Armored Warrior where I literally was forced to deflect his attacks to win. The next and real aha moment was with the long armed centipede. I kept dying over and over and over because I was trying to dodge too much and blocking didn't seem to build up posture damage like I thought it should. So I finally tried pressing the deflect button a bunch (he has a flurry of attacks so why not try and see if I can deflect more than the first one) and aha! It worked! This seemingly impossible mini boss became a breeze. I later learned this was called L1 spamming but regardless, the game seemed to click into place after that. Figure out the timings, deflect and counter when you can. I went back and defeated lady butterfly after 3 try's and had a lot of fun doing it. When I finally got the courage to face Lord Genichiro again I couldn't believe that I defeated him my first try.

    It's clicked and I am absolutely loving this game. I still haven't beaten it yet, but it's quickly becoming a new favorite. It just took my stubborn brain a little longer to figure out. From Software are masters at making games that seem impossibly hard on the surface but are actually incredibly fair when you play the game how it's meant to be experienced.

    Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/GoingAdrift
    [link] [comments]

    WOOOOOOOOOO

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:54 PM PST

    Finally beat that bitch Genichiro after skipping that stupid cutscene thirty times. Dumb idiot never even popped one of my revives. Loser.

    submitted by /u/Fezzicc
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody doesn’t want me playing tonight

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:11 PM PST

    Surprise Motherfucker!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:23 AM PST

    Third playthrough but I've never beaten the final boss, any returning tips?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:47 PM PST

    I've finally decided to jump back in and conquer my fears. This game is amazing but for some reason I've never beaten the final two bosses. I've loved and enjoyed the game thoroughly, but the day has come to finish what I started... Twice.

    Has anyone got any tips for my third time around? Can't wait to shake off the rust! And goodluck to all the newcomers I see on this sub, I'm right there with you

    submitted by /u/NatHawkeyeBum
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro in Naruto’s universe

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:37 PM PST

    What village would he be from and would a be a rouge ninja or not?

    submitted by /u/_Just_That_Guy_
    [link] [comments]

    [Sekiro Glitch]True Corrupted Monk P1 Deathblow glitch after patch 1.04

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:16 PM PST

    I GOT HIM. After 30 tries, I finally killed Genichiro.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:48 PM PST

    I was so happy that I jumped for joy and almost missed the final deathblow.

    This dude man. What a skill-check. I stopped trying to deflect his blows during his final phase, but instead ran around like a bitch until he used lightning. At that point, I channeled my inner Zuko and redirected that shit onto him.

    submitted by /u/A-AronBalakay
    [link] [comments]

    Should i

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:14 PM PST

    Navigation: is there a proper shortcut to get back to Ashina castle after completing Mibu Village ?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:23 PM PST

    Of course we can "travel" back to the Abandoned Dungeon Idol. But I'm looking for a proper walking path from the Mibu Village/Ashina Depths back to the castle.

    The only other entrance to Ashina Depths via Sunken Valley is blocked by the serpent if I remember correctly.

    submitted by /u/Haroyken
    [link] [comments]

    A word about the Unchained Ogre Boss

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:21 PM PST

    I know this is a very early part of the game, and its not very motivational to see that I've been nearly killing this boss for 3 hours now. I'm well aware that Sekiro is intended to be a game that pushes the limits of conventional gaming, and is supposed to keep me failing until I learn how properly assess each situation,, but am I really that fucking bad?? Each of his attacks are like homing missiles, being that they will follow you much farther than one would consider possible, and that they kill you in 1 to 2 hits. Ogres cannot jump that far, ad they certainly cannot have pinpoint accuracy at the same time.

    I already know what every comment will be: "become better adjusted to his attack pattern", "take some breaks and try later", "if you're not having fun, then why are you playing?"

    Yet therein lies the problem. I know his attacks, yet he always gets one lucky grab on me right at the very end that kills me instantly, no matter what I do - this happens every single time.

    I have also taken multiple breaks and then tried my luck again, only to find myself less and less motivated each time.

    And Sekiro is fun, for the record. I enjoy the challenge. It's fucking bothersome and difficult, but in the end I feel accomplished and satisfied. I want to beat this game, but I'm at just the very beginning, and getting my ass handed to me this much makes me consider that, if the game gets exponentially harder as I progress, then i will find it entirely impossible to kill enemies at some point.

    submitted by /u/Dankangelo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment