• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 4, 2019

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Sekiro - RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread


    RANT WEDNESDAY - Megathread

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:11 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Welcome to this Megathread, put whats bothering you, or rant away under here!


    This megathread is part of our --> Weekly Schedule! <--


    Rules:

    • CAPS ONLY

    • Be civil, it could be your neighbour on the other side!

    • Read the Subreddit Rules, Guidelines and FAQ before posting!

    • To mark your comment as a spoiler, if you so wish, use >!Spoiler here!< like this: Spoiler here


    The thread is marked as a spoiler, so speak to your hearts content!


    If you have a question for the Moderators, message us here

    Also be sure to join our Discord: discord.gg/SekiroSDT

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    More than a week ago I asked why this game is so hard

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 08:27 AM PST

    My little tribute to this wonderful game. Sekiro, the Game of the Year.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:13 PM PST

    Kyoto, Japan. Looks so much like Hirata Estate to me. I love Japan, I want to go there so badly.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:50 AM PST

    Genichiro fanart I did

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:57 AM PST

    Found a Healing Gourd at my girlfriend's place

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:23 PM PST

    Centipede Queen: A Boss Idea I have in mind

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 04:55 AM PST

    I wish I could erase my memory and play this game again for the first time

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:55 AM PST

    I have a bad habit of getting so absorbed in games that I enjoy that they totally consume me. This game was all that and more for me. I have never felt such challenge and at times hoplelessness from a game. But when I finally overcame bosses that handed my ass to me over and over i felt such accomplishment and a sense of euphoria. I'll never forget finally beating Genichiro, Owl, Corrupt monk and Isshin for the first time. I'll never forget exploring and finding the hidden areas containing prayer beads and other treasures. I will never forget making it to Fountainhead Palace and exploring that glorious place, it's one of the most beautiful places in all of gaming. This game had so much challenge and mystery for me. I'm 29, almost 30, and I've been an avid gamer since I was 4. I've thoroughly enjoyed many games over the years but this one holds a truly unique spot in my list of favorite games. I've mastered this game and the sense of wonder and challenge and awe is gone. I still enjoy it but there's nothing really new in it for me, hence my post title. I can't help but feel a sense of loss after mastering this game. I really hope From Software can make a sequel to Sekiro or a new game that strikes the same sense and feel as this one did. Anyone else feel like this? I didn't mean to ramble or sound emotional or anything dumb like that, I just really love this game!

    submitted by /u/I-hate-social-media
    [link] [comments]

    Sums up Sekiro perfectly...

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:04 PM PST

    Possible DLC confirmation?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:29 PM PST

    So, this is entirely speculation, but CalebCity just released a sponsored skit for Sekiro.

    I can't be the only one who got excited at this, right? Activision typically only sponsors videos within a couple months of a game or DLC release, however I find this kind of strange since I don't think they've ever sponsored anyone for a project yet announced, if that is indeed the case here.

    I know the general consensus is that there will be no DLC for Sekiro, and I was 100% in that boat as well - it's actually kind of hard for me to imagine what a DLC for Sekiro would look like. However, this sponsor kind of changed my hopes! I highly doubt Activision would sponsor a popular YouTube to simply drum up sales for a game that's been out for a while, especially given Sekiro has no online or form of monitization past the initial sale (as of yet?).

    Any thoughts? I can't help but be excited at something like this!

    submitted by /u/BeenieBomb
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve finally taken down G of A. *Spoilers*

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:08 PM PST

    So I've finally taken down Genichiro WAY OF TOMOE. Wow. I mean he escaped in the end but still, goooddddd daaaamn. Honestly this fight was so fun (even tho I died at least a hundred Times) that I kind of want to do it again. God damn Genichiro. I'm not sure if I hate him or love him. What a fucking battle that was.

    submitted by /u/Littlewillywilly69
    [link] [comments]

    During the coup Isshin battles Gyoubo only later to recruit him as the gates defense

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:30 PM PST

    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gets a Gorgeous New Free Dynamic PS4 Theme

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:27 AM PST

    Mibu Village... Salt Water?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:47 PM PST

    I was thinking about how the water in Mibu village makes everyone thirsty and that had me thinking. Could it just be Salt Water? Looking back at it, Ashina is located high in the mountains, for the most part. This could mean most of the people had never seen Salt Water before. Especially since this is set in old times, people wouldn't have been able to get around very easily. Of the people that don't know Salt water, I'm mainly thinking the Ashina people, not the Gunners, since they seem to live in isolation. Going back to Mibu, the treasure carp in that lake would be the only one in salt water, and of course, it is the one with the special red eyes. This would also explain why the people of Mibu Village are so thirsty, and when bodies are put in salt water, they tend to turn white. I'm probably not the first to have this theory, but is there some substance to it?

    submitted by /u/Repocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get Sekiro?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:24 PM PST

    I understand why a lot of people might find this game extremely difficult but is it really however? Is parrying, dodging or counter-attacking really that hard? Is it easy like in God of War or Assassins Creed Brotherhood?

    Don't get me wrong Sekiro looks like a pretty good game worth giving a shot but what I would like to first hear your guys honest opinion. Is it really worth my money? Is it really worth it for players who haven't played Dark Souls or Bloodborn? Is it a game I will enjoy? Is it something I would regret buying?

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Zed_Midnight150
    [link] [comments]

    I dun messed up

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 07:42 PM PST

    When I got my first dragonstone to cure dragon rot, dumbass me thought I would have to consume it to cure people. So I consumed it next to the sculptor, and surprise surprise, it didnt work. It was the first stone I got (I'm hoping out of many) so I dont know what to do. Is there a way I can still cure people, or did I mess up REALLY bad. Btw I beat all of hinata estate and am currently at the spot where you find the first headless after beating some general, so no spoilers please.

    submitted by /u/Christian_Crab
    [link] [comments]

    Started my Charmless + Demon Bell run. Pray for me.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:34 PM PST

    Just beat NG+3 and was about to go for the final ending (Homecoming) when I thought "Hey, the game was kinda easy that time, wasn't it?) and decided to give the charm away and ring the bell. Just beat the bull and it isn't that different for me so far but I KNOW it's gonna get reeeeaal bad lol

    What were your biggest "I've made a huge mistake" moments in your charmless/bell demon runs?

    submitted by /u/Beeboolin
    [link] [comments]

    Platinum'd

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:49 PM PST

    I'd got all the endings a few months back, and just didn't want to point-grind. Since it was the last one I sacked up, podcasted, and got er dun.

    What a great game. Soulsborne veteran and I wasn't sure if I could finish it, I was pretty disheartened at the 1/3 point. I dont know what it was but somehow it clicked. Tearing through NG+ is a sheer delight.

    I'm on NG5 and I think I'm gonna call it a day, I've been using the Charm to get XP...if i DO continue, it aint gonna be with that goddamn charm.

    Thanks to the community.

    submitted by /u/EchoWhiskey_
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler warning: I did it.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:19 PM PST

    I got the platinum trophy. I beat every boss, got every ending, got every upgrade and skill. This game man... it hit me hard. Each ending has something to it. The Shura ending where you see what Wolf has become. The Purification ending where Wolf commits sodoku. The Immortal Severance ending where Kuro accepts what must be done (my second favourite). They're all so sad, the Return ending being a lot happier though, my favourite one by far. This game drained me, the bosses are infuriating but so satisfying to beat. Now that it's over, I feel sad. I want to know what's next. What comes after the Return ending or the Shura ending? What does Kuro do after the Purification ending? Also how do you do the thing where it says you got the platinum trophy on reddit?

    submitted by /u/Freedom-Costs-Tax
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Demon of Hatred tonight for the first time without cheesing him. I figured if I wanted to hold the status of a true sekiro vet that I would beat him properly.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:34 PM PST

    Accessing the locked area behind the Demon of Hatred

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:55 AM PST

    eventhough this is gimmicky based its still fun

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:33 PM PST

    New Vaati Video - Sekiro: Shadows Cry Twice ► Blackhat Badger

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:50 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMY3RzPWyuw

    Another excellent summary by Vaati about Blackhat Badger.

    On a cultural note, the Mibu Balloons closely resemble Kamifūsen (literally "Paper Balloon"). These toy balloons have been popular in Japan since the early 1900's. They were originally made by the wives of fishermen and were a common toy for children. They are somewhat well known for their peculiar ability to inflate when bounced, despite having an open hole in the top. Although not traditionally used to hold water, the Mibu Balloons were most likely made in the fishing village of Mibu for a similar purpose, which is probably why Badger gave one as a gift to his son. It's the little details in this game that really astound me about Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/Sarumaro
    [link] [comments]

    Why Genichiro is a fool

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:50 AM PST

    He had a potentially very powerful ally in Sekiro and Kuro that he literally tossed away. Instead he made them his enemy which lead to Sekiro killing many prominent generals in Ashina Castle that could've really helped in the battle against the interior ministry. Gyoubu (MASATAKA ONIWA!), Blazing bull, Seven Spears, and the list just continues. If Genichiro had forged an alliance with Sekiro to defeat the ministry they may have bested them.

    submitted by /u/TheOnlyBlueSpider
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment