• Breaking News

    Friday, December 27, 2019

    Sekiro - True

    Sekiro - True


    True

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:02 AM PST

    I suck at the game but still....Does Sekiro really need it?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:39 AM PST

    I was given the gift of endless death this christmas

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 02:42 AM PST

    My first game from fromsoftware. Great game!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:48 AM PST

    Shinobi Training Program

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:50 AM PST

    What can I say? I love this game.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:55 PM PST

    When you stab a boss right in the chest

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:53 PM PST

    Almost 100 hours of this great game and I can say I now have all the achievements!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:01 PM PST

    Neon Shinobi.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:32 PM PST

    This game ruined Christmas

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:33 PM PST

    My wife bought this as a Christmas gift and I've never been so frustrated playing a video game.

    I haven't played a Souls game so at first I thought it would be similar to the Thief series.

    Not so much, and while I appreciate that I wasn't babysat through an hour of bullshit and got right into it, the first mini boss was difficult. The second (general with the sweep attack) took probably 40 attempts to defeat - I screamed so loud my dog took off upstairs and tried to climb inside a bookshelf - then I died two minutes later by some fireballs dropping out of nowhere.

    I can't time deflect except in training against Hanbei.

    I can't see the tells, or at least I can't tell the difference between thrust and swipe, which seems like a big deal.

    The environments are beautiful and immersive, but the whole thing feels like torture and I'm about to call it a day.

    The only reason I haven't is that my wife got me a book I already own for Christmas and another book I don't own, but in the French and I don't read French. Earlier today she said "well at least you like the game", while I was pretending I didn't hate it.

    I've been reassuring her that I love the dinosaur egg cup she bought me to prep her for when I never play this again, but I think she might cry.

    If it took me 40 or 50 attempts to beat that second mini boss, there's no point going any further is there?

    Maybe I could just wander around the dilapidated temple for a couple months then tell her I beat the game.

    submitted by /u/Noddemix
    [link] [comments]

    New office buddy I got for Christmas!

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:47 AM PST

    Isshin, The Sword Saint - Parry Focused

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 06:18 AM PST

    ��

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 10:16 PM PST

    My favorite fight of the game, Owl Father No Damage NG+, feat. Ichimonji Double (My gameplay)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:31 PM PST

    Just defeated the final boss, tear-ridden and giggling

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 12:00 PM PST

    What an incredible game.

    I remember when a while ago I, like many others, were witness to this difficulty discussion that sprung up in the wake of Sekiro's release. We're all familiar with the 'you cheated not only the game but yourself' post, directed at that one game journo who beat the game on cheats. And while there is some merit to the meme-tastic nature of that reply, its true weight didn't quite grow on me until now, when after three days of meticulous practice, I pushed my abilities to the limit and finally severed immortality.

    I cannot possibly express the gratitude I have for Miyazaki and From Software for making this game. This wasn't another Dark Souls or another Bloodborne, like I and many others expected it to be. I was severely put down by the lack of character creator and customisation. However, one thing that pulled me in more so than anything else was the combat. Something about it made the combat in other games feel arcade-y and hollow. Fighting the simplest enemy had so much weight to it and the challenge never stemmed from your weapons bouncing off walls or being stunlocked by skeletal dogs that bit you ad nauseam.

    I realise the brilliance of Sekiro was lost on many people. I personally know one person who despite enjoying the Soulsborne games, couldn't get into Sekiro. And while it's undeniable that the Souls community finds different things to enjoy about the FromSoft games, the impact Sekiro overall had on me has outshone that of Dark Souls or even Bloodborne. When I fought Lord Isshin, blocking his attacks and narrowly dodging his spear swipes, backing down to heal or take in another sugar, with Yuka Kitamura's frantic music engulfing the flowery arena, I felt like I took part in something bigger than ever, something visceral and personal, like the old me deteriorated and a new, better me, was being born anew.

    As much as I love the other FromSoft games, it will take a miracle to top the experience I've been brought by Sekiro. And it's funny how despite being, allegedly, the hardest FromSoft game to date, I've raged at it far less than I have at the other titles. Well done, From Software. Farewell.

    submitted by /u/Noxanne
    [link] [comments]

    Died to a chicken, now old guy has cancer

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 02:48 PM PST

    Its all myfault Im assuming this works something like how world tendency in demon souls. Where the more you f up the harder youre gonna get fd. Gotta delete my save now i guess

    Question is, besides some lame achievment, is there some unlocked lore ending if you finish the game without dieing to a chicken?

    submitted by /u/MrBingog
    [link] [comments]

    Please not like this.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 07:37 PM PST

    I collected all parts for kuro.

    Was fighting Owl(father)

    power went out

    went back to the game no matter what i do. its just new game.

    Please can someone help me

    console PS4 pro

    submitted by /u/oldredditOMeGALUL
    [link] [comments]

    Guys/gals/Shinobi, I need a pick-me-up

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 11:14 PM PST

    Tl;dr - you all are impressive but I suck. Is NG+ worth it for a better ending after being upset by the default ending?

    So, I beat the game a couple days ago. I should be thrilled, right? And I am... kind of. But I've never had my ass so completely and thoroughly kicked by a game.

    I love this game, but I also get so frustrated by it sometimes. I feel like there have been so many times where my block or parry was off by just one frame, or I was pressing the right button at the right time but that stupid #%*ing stagger animation killed me. Especially on the last two bosses. The rest of you seem so incredibly patient, but that kind of stuff makes me so angry and frustrated. I know it shouldn't because this game is actually pretty fair, but I just can't help it I guess.

    Having beaten the game and having fun despite these major frustrations, I got the default ending and was actually super sad that Kuro died by my hand (which is notable considering my depression and general struggle to feel anything at all). My question for you all is: is it worth the suffering of an entire NG+ to see a better ending knowing that playing through the game again is going to completely kick my ass again?

    I was going to attempt the game without Kuro's charm on NG+, but after making an honest attempt after a few days I am wondering whether I can even handle this game anymore. Bosses that weren't even that hard (e.g. spear boy on horse) are completely and decisively destroying me.

    Major kudos to all of you who enjoy this insane level of challenge. <3

    submitted by /u/ducrga
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Seven Spears

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:58 PM PST

    This guy was difficult and took me down a fair few times but once I got the hang of his attacks and the mikiri counter I was able to finish him without even needing to resurrect. Parrying is so important in this game and once I'd got the hang of Seven Spears I felt like we were fighting on an equal playing field, the game makes you feel skilled when you learn/earn it.

    submitted by /u/CV022011
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Genichiro (3 phases, not beginning of the game)

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 05:35 PM PST

    Wow, I finally did it. After dying many times, I finally got the final deathblow on Genichiro. This is the only game where I felt so relieved to finally get past this boss. I want to thank this subreddit for the various tips for beating this dude. I don't even want to think about the later bosses however... Thanks for all the help you guys🙃

    submitted by /u/rnielsen2058
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else out there like me that falls in love with this game each time they boot it up?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 03:44 PM PST

    Title. I have over 170 hours on this game (have bought it on pc and PS4) and still haven't grown tired of it. On the contrary, I've become more obsessed with it and it's quite literally my perfect game.

    submitted by /u/Oni-Chan-Sama
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Dragonrot mechanic

    Posted: 26 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    Am I overthinking the mechanic or does it play a huge part in the overall experience. Can I finish the game when nps's are infected, is there a limited amount of times I can cure it, it seems like a very daunting task to keep track of. Does it spread when you die or just when you resurrect. I don't feel like it is explained well. Thanks

    submitted by /u/rw_3eters
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment