• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 14, 2020

    Sekiro - O'rin of the Water doodle by me...

    Sekiro - O'rin of the Water doodle by me...


    O'rin of the Water doodle by me...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Give me scales

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Easily the most inept of all the Ashina Elite. Or as I like to call them, Harry and Lloyd.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:04 PM PST

    Sekiro wallpaper I took from background image on Japanese soundtrack page

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:24 AM PST

    My work in progress tribute for the GOTY 2019!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Face me, Sekiro!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:05 PM PST

    Sekiro plot be like:

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:12 PM PST

    Am I the only one who decorates my temple with Five Color Rice?... Yea I’m probably the only one...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:28 PM PST

    When victory is just within reach...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:36 AM PST

    If this game was a person, I'd push him down the stairs.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 10:59 PM PST

    Those snake eyes bitches can go to hell. The one at the bottom of the depths has been kicking my ass for 3 days. Not even Genichiro or the Butterfly Hag gave me this much trouble.

    My only other option to progress is that invincible flailing gorilla. I find it extremely difficult to nail down his moveset, and I just get destroyed every time. And I haven't even gotten to his headless stage yet.

    I love to hate this game. I hate that I love it....lol

    Just a rant, I had to vent before I uninstalled it.

    submitted by /u/C9177
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to have a little fun with DOH

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:35 PM PST

    My first time seeing Owl Father's Mikiri Counter. I am more amazed than frustrated of dying.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Memories of fountainhead

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:05 AM PST

    I'm playing Sekiro for the first time. The game finally clicked when a big snek triggered a spiritual awakening.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:16 AM PST

    I have to rant somewhere because my husband hasn't gotten around to beating it yet. He's the big FromSoft fan between the two of us. Not that I don't love the games. He wheedled me into trying Demon Souls (Which I didn't care for.) then Dark Souls when it came out. (Which I loved.) I've played all the games since and, while I've never imposed a challenge run on myself, I can pretty handily solo any boss in Fashion Souls/Borne. I've played more Nioh than he has, but that hardly prepared me for this.

    Anyway, Husband wandered off to do other things after the first miniboss. I started my own run recently and muscle memory has been absolutely plaguing me.

    More often than not, I don't rage when I die. I just kind of sigh and nod and think, "Yes. This is right. I'm a garbage person who is bad at video games." And that's a mindset that puts me in a low place after trying and failing at something for hours.

    I couldn't stop dodging or panic attacking or goomba stomping when I should be mikiri'ing. Last night right before my encounter with Big Snek, I backstabbed an enemy next to a miniboss and then APOLOGIZED to the miniboss out loud when he turned around.

    It wasn't going well.

    And then a big snek startled the soul from my body. Jesus took the PS4 controller and when my soul returned from whence it had ascended, I could see the Matrix.

    In all seriousness, I've played games all my life and I've never felt anything as intense as screaming and running from a giant, shark-toothed snake, being given a trial by fire when the game only JUST gave me a tooltip for a midair Spiderman grapple.

    Somehow I made it through without dying and realized it had kind of spent all my anxiety and forced hesitation from me through necessity. I ran into my first boss fight immediately after this, and... it was no big deal. I died once to him, but learned enough of his moves through that to go in and beat him fairly easily on my second try. He had a big horse, but he was no Big Snek. I had no panic in me left for him.

    Standing in the empty boss arena, I'm having this fucking moment going, "I can Sekiro. Did, you see? Did you see?" And my husband playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 on his PC nearby is just, "Yes, yes. That's nice, Dear." So, my God, I really had to get this out somewhere. All of a sudden, the game is utterly doable and fun rather than a chore. I just ran into Big Bull, but he wasn't too much of a concern either knowing Big Snek is out there with one eye, waiting for revenge.

    submitted by /u/dreadfulpennies
    [link] [comments]

    After 10-15 deaths, finally beat this old mf on ng+. Who's the stray dog now old man? Hardest boss to me imo.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    umm... what?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:53 PM PST

    Finally! I beat Genichiro Ashina after many days of failure. Thanks to all who gave me tips, all of them helped a lot!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:36 PM PST

    I finally beat Sekiro last night.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:19 PM PST

    accurate

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Finally joined the platinum club. First FromSoftware game I've ever actually finished.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:42 PM PST

    Why don’t I hate Genichiro?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 11:42 PM PST

    If I'm not mistaken, he is the main antagonist, right? Throughout most of the game, you're constantly battling his forces for the sake of the Divine Heir. Even at the end, when assumedly he stabs Lord Kuro, I still don't hate him. If anything, I feel sorry for him. What is it about his character that makes me feel this way? Am I missing something? He's obviously a threat to Lord Kuro, so he has to die, but I still don't hate him like other antagonists.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/simply_crestfallen
    [link] [comments]

    *Wipes sweat* where my fellow Xbox 1.80% ��

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 09:23 AM PST

    Just finished the game for the 1st time

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 01:13 AM PST

    Want to share my happiness :) Played this game for two weeks and I can't believe it's time to leave it. I really loved it!

    I really loved the main character, especially with the Japanese voice. I loved that you don't lose your skill points upon death, this is such a relief! Even if you made some mistakes - you can resurrect. You don't need to go to a specific place to buy new skills. The loading screens are not very long. When you accidentally jumped off the cliff - you don't die. All of this made me feel that the developers made so many options for us to enjoy the game without suffering much and it's great! I don't see any downside in new features, only improvements!

    But there're a couple of things that disappointed me:

    1. The music. I didn't expect that the game from a Japanese developer would have such bad music. I'm a music addict, I live for good music in games. But in this huge game, 40+ bosses and minibosses and a lot of locations I heard only 2 (TWO) melodies that caught my ear: the Senpou Temple and the Fountainhead Palace. That's it. After finishing the game I can't recall a single good music from a boss or miniboss battle and it's such a shame. Everything sounded the same for me this time. I can't believe that there was no epic music, nothing like Dark Souls or Bloodborne have, no masterpiece like Ludwig theme. I also played Nioh and I can't say it has amazing music, but I at least added a few themes to my playlist.
    2. Bad ending. Everyone told me to get the Return ending because it's considered the best ending, and I got it and I was never ever disappointed like this. After all these hours and hours they give me a cheap 1-minute cutscene when they just say they're going to the west...Jesus Christ. I'm going to watch the other endings on youtube and I bet they can't be worse than this. They didn't even give Emma to appear in the ending scene, and the Sculptor is dead, almost everyone is dead and this ending is so uninteresting, it simply sucks.
    3. CTRL C + CTRL V on a lot of minibosses and even some bosses. When the same model appears a few times again and again...this is so lazily done. Like if you're tired of creating more minibosses - why would you want us fight it again and again? This is the laziest way to make your game longer and 'bigger'.
    4. Countless amount of items that are not necessary. I didn't use a single ceramic shard, fist full of ash, oils, balloons or even sugars (after I got it from headless). I love to find and collect items in games, but this time I wasn't so excited because most of the time I acquired another pointless item for me.

    But those flaws don't cancel the fact that this game is unique and badass, the game of the year for sure! If they make a game with the souls-borne-like world and add all of Sekiro's features - it would be the greatest game in the universe!

    Oh and my personal top 3 hardest bosses:
    #3 - Lady Butterfly;
    #2 - Owl the Father;
    #1 - Demon of Hatred.

    submitted by /u/odonis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment