• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 21, 2020

    Sekiro - Oh you’re near a wall or pillar? What a shame.

    Sekiro - Oh you’re near a wall or pillar? What a shame.


    Oh you’re near a wall or pillar? What a shame.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I did it - my first fromsoft game ��

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Thank god i didnt hesitate

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Still golden.....

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I just read a mind-blowing comment about Sekiro (spoilers). TL;DR: Shadows actually die twice.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    This was on a VaatiVidya video comment (his no-death run video), so this is taken from there. This is my own wording however.

    So we all know the game is titled "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice", and for a while I thought this was tied to the Owl. He says "Death of a Shadow" when you defeat him atop Ashina Castle, but he also can die a second time on the same playthrough in the Hirata Estates if you go for Purification.

    However there is another thing. From "Death of a Shadow" we can see that Owl considers "Shadow" to be a way of describing a "Shinobi", since Owl is a Master Shinobi. So in turn, Sekiro can be called "Shinobis die twice."

    If you do a no-death run in game, Sekiro will die twice in the game. Once in Hirata Estate, when Owl stabs us in the back after defeating Lady Butterfly, and then once in Senpou Temple, when we acquire the Mortal Blade. There is no other mandatory death as part of the game. So, in turn, if you play it like a Shinobi, or a "Shadow", you die twice.

    "Shadows Die Twice." Pretty amazing naming by From, correct?

    submitted by /u/KnightAgenta
    [link] [comments]

    Cinematic Parallels

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    a hesitation meme that poped in my mind sry

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Corrupted Monk No Hud Cinematic

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    After 6 hours I beat owl on ng charmless + bell demon without healing. I had fun the whole time because he is a near perfect fight and he's only my 3rd favorite boss. I love this game!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    Sekiro has ruined Hard difficulties for me

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    For a while I used to play most games on normal, and after a video by videogamedunkey I was inspired to play games on the hardest difficulty I can actually manage. I think this was a good decision and made my play through of most games longer and more rewarding.

    I've never been a fan of the soulsbourne games, I found them exhausting and grindy and a bit too slow for my liking, but after watching some reviews of Sekiro it looked a lot faster than the previous entries in the genre. I picked it up and found it tough but fair and fun.

    However, after a dozen or so hours things really clicked. I realized I wasn't frustrated by the frequency with which I was losing, I was actually excited to respawn and try again! And I realized it's because what makes Sekiro difficult is that, for the most part, the hardest bosses aren't simply damage sponges that you're attacks do little against, they are skilled swordsmen, who you simply have to beat in a fair duel. You're not waiting for the typical one attack that leaves them open, and then dodging and waiting.

    Now when I think about the harder difficulties of say, Assassin's Creed, it feels cheap. It doesn't take more skill really, to play them on Nightmare mode, only more effort.

    Are there any other games where the combat and enemies are as fully fleshed out and complex, as they are in Sekiro?

    submitted by /u/cmcraes
    [link] [comments]

    First time beating the game. What a ride.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    This review.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    I am not that good yet on this game, but this made me proud! This game also makes me addicting although it is hard..

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    For anyone who is playing ghost of tsushima:

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Armored Warrior with joypad in reverse :D

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    I finally beat Guardian Ape!!!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    My son was watching me play Sekiro and was cheering me on during the guardian ape fight. It seem like it took to many deaths that I care to admit, but I finally killed him! He was so excited with me and he literally screamed out MOM Dad finally spanked the monkey! This kid of mine I tell ya! But yeah I'm loving this game more and more now!!

    submitted by /u/kenjinuro
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever Platinum! So I decided to reward myself with a real life trophy as well. The Sekiro steelbook.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    This review.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Second play through, stuck on Long-arm Centipede Giraffe (Gun Fort)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    This guy was the easiest boss on the first play through but I've been stuck for a while now and i don't see anyone talking about this guy specifically for the second play through.

    I lose health if I don't perfect block, which i only seem to pull off once or twice per attack sequence and his last attack is a one hit kill. This means I often get immediately killed by that final attack or I have no chance of fending off the next sequence, especially since he doesn't back off for his perilous attack consistently which is my only chance to deal some damage, heal, and regain posture (which is very difficult to do all in that brief period). The second phase is even worse.

    My strategy has been to try and skip the first few attacks and then take on the last ones so i keep my posture, but the same issues still arise. Ive also tried a firecracker spam technique but they don't last.

    Again I've beat this guy and the whole game before, twice in fact, but the jump in difficulty on the second play through is making this gruesome. I'm guessing I will be told to "learn the pattern" to deflect his hits, if so please add a tip on how to do this cause I've been trying that for a while and its not working, I keep taking damage.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/epkentel
    [link] [comments]

    I'm mentally trying to build up the courage to giving Sekiro another try. Are there are really helpful guides/videos that will serve me well in understanding the combat/stealth mechanics this time around?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I deleted the game from my PS4 a few months ago after seemingly getting worse at the game, and just rage quitting. I'm not new to FROM games, but for some reason the combat just never clicked. I'm absolutely fine with watching a 40-60 min video, in the hopes that I can give another go with a just a little bit of extra confidence. Thanks much.

    Edit: thanks for all tips and suggestions everyone!

    submitted by /u/gingerblz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment