• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Sekiro - Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze

    Sekiro - Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze


    Ashina Elite - Jinsuke Saze

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    That's literally what I thought of when I first saw the image.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    Went on a hike today half exected to find the memorial mob behind there selling gourd seeds ��

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    Inktober Day 9, Headless

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Not a platinum, but this was my first FromSoftware game, it was painful, frustrating, satisfying and an amazing experience.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    WHAT!?....you can get hit by those?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Pack it up, fellas

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Something in the water

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    curses

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    One of my favorite games of all time!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Sekiro finished friends, took me around a week and man what a fucking great game, and what a final boss so fucking well designed, actually my favorite final boss in videogame ever. It's not a perfect game (I am watching you Demon of Hatred) but the flaws that it has do not overshadow how magnificent it is. And without warning it became one of my favorite games of all time.

    9.5 out of 10 "Too much Git Gud".

    I recently finished DS3 as well (my first souls game), I liked it so much, but I was not that amazed about it. But Sekiro ... hoo boy, for me one of the games that best rewards your skill but more than skill your understanding of the mechanics and play style. There are no easy paths, no shortcuts, if you want to continue you have to fight correctly. Visually it's perfect as well as in terms of soundtrack, I fell in love with almost all the characters. An absolute wonder to tell the truth.

    The first 3 or 4 mini bosses made me feel absolute rubbish and I felt somewhat unmotivated, even without being so used to the mechanics of Dark Souls I continued with that mentality, especially thinking all the time that I had to take care of a stamina that did not existed and also struggling to counter perilous attacks, but after the first boss but especially the third one everything came togheter and it was incredible.

    submitted by /u/DarkSideRT
    [link] [comments]

    HOW

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    A question regarding the "Old Hag" and rice

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    I just started a new playthrough and I don't remember if I need to give rice to the "Old Hag" before using the puppeteer ninjutsu on the kite operator. I'd like to hang on to the rice (just so I can keep my options open,) but I don't want to glitch anything out.

    I save scummed and tested what would happen if I didn't give her rice and everything seemed fine (the Old Hag's dialogue was as if I never raised the kite, which leads me to believe I DON'T need to give her the rice --> FromSoft logic.)

    The one strange thing I found was that even though the Black Hat Badger clearly reacts to me raising the kite (he thanks Sekiro for raising it,) he never leaves his spot. He says he can handle his business now, but he still hasn't left after multiple resets. Could this be the result of not giving the Old Hag rice?

    I realize this post was exceedingly long. Thanks for sticking around! I'd really appreciate any thoughts/comments. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JayRupp
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion about XP loss

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    In b4 "git gud": yeah, I'm not that great. But I've played DS1-3 and come out alive so I'm not terrible

    The XP loss is really starting to tick me off. Overall I like Sekiro. It's a good game and I really enjoy some of the mechanics. But the XP lost on death doesn't seem to be balanced against the XP gained from combat. In the souls games, if you died w/out a ring of life/soul/sacrifice you still had the chance to recover it. It gave you some options in terms of retreating toward cleared areas or to an area where it would be easier to recover your souls if you felt you might get rekt shortly. You also had homeward bones and late game items like Aged Feather/Coiled Sword if you wanted to GTFO (including from boss fights).

    In Sekiro, you kinda roll the dice w/ the Unseen Aid. It's really awesome if it kicks in and saves your bacon but you can't rely on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually higher than the stated 30% (like w/ stats in other games like XCOM) but who knows. Sekiro does have a "return home" item in the Homeward Idol but it takes so long to work that you can often get knocked out of the animation. That's partly fair because if it was too fast, then people would never die and would have a free "get out of this shit situation" card.

    But there's a few things that throw those differences into sharp relief.

    First, there's no XP items you can use to gain more XP or accelerate your XP gain. In Souls games you had hard souls and some items that could boost XP gain. If you were decently close to leveling up you could just crush a few hard souls or farm a bit w/ the gold serpent ring to get to the next cutoff then go back to the firekeeper. In sekiro, no such thing. Which is weird because they put in a mechanic to help you bank Sen but not XP (and Sen feels way easier to grind). If you're somewhat close for XP you just gotta go to your favorite level appropriate farming spot to grind up the last few XP. Which leads me to the next bit...

    Second, the amount of XP gain doesn't feel commensurate to the amount you can lose. In Souls games, it felt like you'd have enough XP to level up after going through (at the most) 2-3 bonfires worth of areas/corridors. And a boss would usually have enough to level you once. In Sekiro, boss XP is barely larger than normal enemy XP. And it feels like you can clear 4-5 idol's worth of areas and not have enough XP for the next level. So it feels like the need to farm XP is even greater.

    Third is the difficulty in recognizing boss encounters. Yes, I know this seems silly but hear me out. In Souls games you could generally tell what was a boss. There'd be a fog wall or a big ass door. You'd see the dude/dudette/monster and go "yup, that's a boss." If you had a lot of soft souls or were running low on estus you might steer clear and choose to go turn back to refill estus and/or level up. Here....a lot of the bosses look like normal enemies and it's not always obvious what's a boss arena until you're in it. Combine that with the lack of a fast "return home" item and you have a recipe for disaster. Can't tell how many times it's happened where I've got 2/3 or 3/4 of my XP filled and walk into a room, realize it's a boss fight, then spend 30-60 seconds frantically trying to run from the boss and get myself enough breathing room to "homeward idol" out, inevitably fail, then facepalm when I see the XP I lost. Granted, w/ some of the minibosses you're not locked into the arena and can run and hide to do the homeward idol in peace. But when you can't it's really frustrating because you didn't/couldn't really plan ahead for this and are likely going to be punished for it anyway.

    Anyway, rant over, cue pitchforks.

    submitted by /u/Jason_Webb
    [link] [comments]

    Oof must have missed the reversal for the tutorial image...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Art of Ashina castle

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Genichiro 1.0 hurts

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    I've been stuck on this boss for the last four days! I've made some progress being able to get him into his third and final phase but he just spanks me with his lighting and my reversals are shit any tips to help?

    submitted by /u/Jaytheric-12
    [link] [comments]

    Had quite the day

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:53 PM PDT

    Beat Isshin the Sword Saint third try this morning, then spent about an hour on Demon of Hatred, then took out all five Headless in a row, then decided to try Owl (Father) and beat him first try.

    Been playing for exactly two weeks and am excited to start my NG+

    submitted by /u/platinum_tears
    [link] [comments]

    Finally after 80 hours and 30 minutes, I did it.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Final ninjetsu

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    I killed the guardian ape twice But didn't finish him with the mortal blade (although i had it ) After a while i came back and the corpse was gone Is there any other way to get the ninjetsu ?

    Note : My friend told me that the ape gives u 2 prayer beads I got the ape Memory !! Nothing else

    I also checked the training box . nothing

    submitted by /u/vipyaser
    [link] [comments]

    :\

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Finally defeated him after 20 or so tries, it was sooo satisfying!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Snake eyes dont f*** around...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    She really dont tho. This fight is the hardest in the game smh

    submitted by /u/The_Angster_Gangster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment