• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 23, 2020

    Sekiro - Cool fanart of Sekiro as the Great Shinobi Wolf

    Sekiro - Cool fanart of Sekiro as the Great Shinobi Wolf


    Cool fanart of Sekiro as the Great Shinobi Wolf

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:31 PM PST

    270 hrs, this is the first time I have seen this Ashina soldier defeating the Red guard on his own.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:36 AM PST

    I might have cheated a little in this game using such a powerful character.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:04 PM PST

    Anyone else agree having to be aggressive on your character is more fun than rolling around them?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:13 AM PST

    He had aimbot on

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:19 PM PST

    I didn't hesitate

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:31 PM PST

    This painting of an important, historical Japanese buddhist monk as a child - Kukai, sometimes known as Henjō Kongō - reminds me of Sekiro's Divine Child, in the Sempou Temple on Mt Kongo. I wonder if Kukai was an inspiration

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:53 PM PST

    We need to take a moment to praise the combat in this game

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    Genichiro is a son of a bitch

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:45 PM PST

    Been trying to kill this asshole for like three hours now. I feel like I know and recognize every single move but it doesn't matter because the timing on deflects is always just a hair off and I end up getting sliced. The most annoying part of it is, I just randomly wandered into the fight blind the first time when I was exploring and down to 1/6 gourd heals and I got him down to a few hits from death on his second phase and now HOURS of practice later I can't even get reliably get back to second phase gaaaah

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_JESTERS
    [link] [comments]

    Genichiro...

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:42 PM PST

    Yo!! I'm going through my first ever playthrough of Sekiro and after spending quite a bit fighting Genichiro I realized he had an entire other fight. I can get through the first bit ok enough I just have to get the timing down for most of his attacks and not get screwed over by trying to mikiri counter a sweep. But I get to the second bit with not much health and no gourds left and die rather quickly. Does anyone have any tips for how to get through his second phase?

    submitted by /u/VideoGAG0701
    [link] [comments]

    Jingle Bell Wolf

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:52 PM PST

    Avid Dark Souls player coming to Sekiro

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Man, this game is HARD. Not hard as in unbeatable but hard to grasp as I am so used to years of Dark Souls, the combat is very rewarding in this but I am still coming to grips with it. So far I've beaten Upto the Blazing Bull. I was just wondering is there any tips long playing Sekiro fans can give to a new a player as this is a whole different ball game to Dark souls!

    submitted by /u/CamOfCatarina
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Inner Genichiro on my first ever attempt

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:32 PM PST

    It took 10 gourds, 3 pellets, a revive, and 20 spirit emblems. I kept trying to burn him with the flame vent followed by living force like I do with normal Genichiro, which didn't work. I did know about his double lightning reversal beforehand, though. If I didn't know about I likely would have died.

    submitted by /u/BASEDJUDGE
    [link] [comments]

    I finally did it! After about 18 months and a lot of high blood pressure moments, I am now a sekiro GOD

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:29 PM PST

    Interesting thing I noticed about some finisher deathblows

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:38 AM PST

    When you do the finisher deathblow on Lady Butterfly or Owl, you are actually doing Owl's shadowrush/shadowfall attack, followed by a stab in the back.

    Also, when you pull the sword out, you pray for them with one hand (showing remorse for killing your mentor?). When owl does his posture break grab attack or mikiri counter, he does the same thing. I guess this is a sign that despite fighting to the death Sekiro still respects Owl and Butterfly, and Owl still feels for Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/Dvoraxx
    [link] [comments]

    How Exactly Does Resurrection Work? (slight spoilers)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    So I've beaten Genichiro and given Kuro the Sakura Droplet, which says it gives extra uses of resurrection.

    I understand that you need to defeat enemies/minibosses to fill the nodes and be able to resurrect, but it doesn't seem like this ever actually works. Like, at all.

    Multiple times now I have had every node (there are three for some reason?) filled and lit up. No matter what, if I die, they all disappear. A big slash mark appears over them, and the next death instantly puts me to a loading screen and makes me respawn.

    So, I don't think the resurrection mechanic is really working the way the game is saying it's working. How is the Sakura Droplet meant to change anything?

    submitted by /u/maxiom9
    [link] [comments]

    Mist Noble

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:37 PM PST

    So I have been hyping up the Mist Noble boss fight to my friend who has never played Sekiro before and he is planning on getting within the next week. I have described it as the hardest fight in the game. I can't wait to see his reaction to the boss fight.

    submitted by /u/ThrowRAmmmmg
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got all 5 platinums!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:02 PM PST

    THE LAST PRAYER BEAD AAAAAAAAH

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:00 PM PST

    I swear ive done everything killed every mini boss I thought I didn't kill I have no clue which one I'm missing AAAAAAAH

    Edit: FOUND IT

    submitted by /u/Stankystonky
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:41 PM PST

    40 Hours later and I did it.

    Beat Isshin. My playthrough clocked through at almost exactly 40 hours over the course of this past week. I got the Purification ending. Wow, what a journey. I was initially skeptical of this purchase, after lacking the motivation to progress through Dark Souls 3. I beat the original Dark Souls four years ago, and really enjoyed the challenge, but something about DS3 felt very samey and not that interesting to me.

    I'm really glad that I took the plunge on Sekiro.

    In addition to generally finding the vaguely historical Japanese setting preferable to the European grim fantasy bleakness of DS, I also appreciated the straightfoward approach to the story. I don't have a ton of time for gaming in normal, non-COVID, not Christmas break circumstances so Sekiro's simpler approach worked better for me. I honestly still only sort-of understand what happened in the original Dark Souls despite watching multiple lore YouTube videos about it.

    The same pared down approach to the combat system worked better for me as well. Dark Souls, to me, can feel overwhelming with the number of weapon choices and upgrades, as well as entire magic systems that are hidden behind missable NPCs or multiplayer options. Sekiro, even with the combat arts and prosthetics, felt infinitely more knowable. I'm not the type to replay games, mostly due to time-constraints, so feeling like there was a ton that I am missing out on is more stressful than it is exciting. I did not see everything in this game, admittedly. I admit that I skipped all the Headless encounters and the Shichimen Warriors. Mostly because I am deathly afraid of using consumables in games (I didn't use one single sugar/candy in my playthrough because I didn't want to 'waste' them). Also those enemies just scare me and I just didn't feel like it.

    Since experience points/currency are not really as useful as they are in Dark Souls, I also felt less hopeless about dying and trying again in Sekiro.

    The pace of the combat really worked for me, because it encourages aggression and pressing your advantage, rather than patiently dodging, dodging, waiting and hitting a boss once and retreating.

    I don't like feeling like I'm hitting a wall against a boss because my weapon isn't upgraded enough or my character 'build' is poor. Sekiro's bosses felt conquerable, and more about the culmination of my mechanical skill than accumulated experience points.

    Almost all of the bosses I felt were a fair test of my abilities at each point in the game, and each of them really taught me additional skills that I was able to build upon throughout the game.

    Lady Butterfly was the first major wall for me, and taught me the importance of dealing vitality damage to prevent posture regeneration.

    I learned to Mikiri counter on Seven Spears and Lone Shadow Longswordsman, which I was able to take into Genichiro's fight. The third phase of that fight also taught me the value of Lightning Reversal.

    From the corrupted monk I learned to watch the tip of a weapon to determine optimal parry timing.

    Though I'd been unconsciously doing it throughout, the Hirata memory Owl solidified for me how to bait certain moves from enemies with intent. Also that sometimes you just need to go to sleep and come back to the game in the morning.

    The only boss I didn't truly enjoy fighting was the Guardian Ape, and brought me back to parts of Dark Souls I didn't like, specifically with extremely large enemies that the camera and lock-on system struggle with. Also some of those grabbing hitboxes feel cheap before you get the hang of the fight. I guess what I learned from this fight is that sprinting like a madman is a valid strategy because there's no endurance bar in Sekiro? I'm not sure. The Depths version of the fight is also the only main boss fight where I consistently used prosthetics (firecrackers to stun the girlfriend monkey).

    The times I was able to beat a boss on the first or second try really made me feel like I had learned the art of the Shinobi. For me, those were Gyoubu, Great Shinobi Owl (though the Hirata version was tougher for me), and True Corrupted Monk.

    By the time I reached Isshin, I felt like I had gotten as good with the blade as I was going to get. For me, this series of fights was the epitome of the 'tough but fair' From Software design philosophy.

    It was like a final exam. I accumulated all the skills I needed, I just needed to apply them over concentrated period of time as prescisely as possible, and without second-guessing myself. It took me about ten tries, but I did it without any prosthetics, consumables. I think I inadvertently triggered my Whirlwind combat art two or three times. Not that I'm too proud to use any of those things, just that I get so stressed out and hyperfocused on deflecting and counter-attacking that I genuinely forget that there are other things I can do.

    I really hope that From Software does another game as focused and tight as Sekiro. For me, it is an absolute masterpiece, and easily is in my top ten games of all time.

    submitted by /u/eggzachtly
    [link] [comments]

    My damageless Guardian Ape fight inspired by "Ongbal".

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:31 AM PST

    This was my finally beating Genichiro but I became a badass seemingly out of nowhere also jojo

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    a certain glock saint be like

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment