• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    Sekiro - To 100 more!

    Sekiro - To 100 more!


    To 100 more!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    I finally got my first ever platinum trophy. It only took 83 hours, I am so hyped right now.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:36 PM PST

    Was messing around in the illusory halls trying to get in these rafters when I found this glitch, then things got interesting (watch till end)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Neon Genesis Sekigelion ~A Cruel Ashina's Thesis~

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Yes die you piece of sh*t! Ugh I hated that stupid ogre!!! Glad that’s over.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:51 AM PST

    I vote unless it’s complete garbage (like a character behaving erratically with no point) we all go around filling each other’s health. At least when farming.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:50 PM PST

    Sekiro has helped my life......seriously.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:55 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Not to get too personal here, but for the last 5 years...life hasn't been going my way and with the pandemic I can say that it hasn't helped me and many people as well. I hope you all are doing well through this rough time and especially this holiday season.

    With that being said, I'm going to be completely honest...I'm a terrible player at most games. I mean REAL BAD, but when I came across possibly one of my favorite games of all time it being Sekiro, I was determined to not only beat the game but when I heard about the All Bosses Gauntlet, I had to put in the work.

    For weeks, I was getting my ass KICKED, even before taking on the Mortal Journey. To be honest, fighting all of them and climbing through really reminded me of how hard I had to climb to get out of my slump of clinical depression and anxiety. When I was determined to get through that and knowing that I did after so many years....I knew damn well I can accomplish the Mortal Journey no matter how many times I died or failed. By ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

    Thank God and the people from FromSoftware for making this game and also giving a much deserved update that gave the game a much needed breath of fresh air. I have enclosed a video of my YouTube should anyone want to check out the journey it took. It is quite long, but if you must, please just watch the beginning, skip the middle, and just watch my reaction to the fight with Inner Isshin. The pay off to this day makes me very happy and I hope all of you get that sense of accomplishment when you finish games of this genre. Only these games I feel give that sense of pride. This may sound corny but damnit I hope it also inspires you outside of the game to accomplish great things to get those feelings. But, hey if you watch the whole thing....BIG THANK YOU.

    https://youtu.be/8ESYmZHrH8c

    Thank you for reading and watching.

    Cheers to all the Shinobi's

    submitted by /u/joe_x0f
    [link] [comments]

    Interaction between headless ape's roar and divine confetti

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Recently 100% Sekiro and as a long time soulsborne fan, 10/10 loved every death

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:56 PM PST

    My first meme, is it accurate?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Corrupted Data

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:48 PM PST

    So I've been playing Sekiro for the past month, and loving/hating every minute of it! I finally managed to beat Isshin and then finally Demon of Hatred. I was really excited to start my NG+ and check out the different endings, but figured I'd try and get all the Prayer Beads and Headless that I could during my first playthrough. While fighting my final Headless my town had a spontaneous power outage, when the power came back on and my PS4 booted up I was informed that the abrupt closing of the program had corrupted my save data. No backups, everything gone. Just wanted to share my miserable news.

    submitted by /u/Ignish
    [link] [comments]

    Owl took 12 tries to beat, still my favorite boss fight ever in a game so far. I found out you can be just as dirty as him if you find your openings.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:33 PM PST

    Ashina Castle idol is Canceled

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:50 PM PST

    At first the Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo idol was reset so I thought the game was just bugged a little, but now. Every idol in Ashina Castle is reset except the Abandoned Dungeon Entrance. Is this suppose to happen?

    submitted by /u/VrtileX_Twisted
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For a Dataminer

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:37 PM PST

    hello I may have made a large Sekiro discovery. I'm looking for a Dataminer. You will be credited for your efforts. Further involvement can be discussed.

    Most importantly I would like there to be a very solid barrier between what is found in the data and what most players know about the new stuff. I would like to give the tools and opportunity to any one wanting to figure it all out on their own. Not even I want this stuff spoiled for me.

    submitted by /u/UberZooks
    [link] [comments]

    Beating Inner Papa in under 2 minutes

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:21 PM PST

    Sekiro: Day 3 update

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:30 PM PST

    I started playing Sekiro on Sunday and have put like 4 hours in these 3 days. I'm currently 12.5 hours into the game and I'm having a blast. Yesterday I left the game just before the first boss, Gyoubu Oniwa, didn't even get to try once. It surprisingly didn't took me too long, I think it was my third try when I beat him. His attacks were honestly so telegraphed that I was parrying like 90% of his attacks, didn't need to resurrect and I even ended up with 1 gourd left.

    Then I met fricking 7 feet tall Tengu lol I was ready to fight him but he was friendly and told me to kill the little hat dudes and then unlocked another upgrade path for my skills which honestly has insanely useful passive abilities. Then I went back the the Hirata Estate to see how much I could progress and found Juzou. I have to admit that the one thing I hate about this game is that you need to clear absurd amounts of enemies before you even get a chance to fight some mini bosses. Died on my first 3 attempts and then decided to slowly and carefully death blow every small enemy and then death blow Juzou to get it done faster. Then it was Lady Butterfly time.

    When you get into the fight a message pops and it tells you that side stepping can be a useful tool against enemies that can recover posture quickly as you can get hits on their healthbar which leads to eventually slower posture recovery. Like the Chad I am, I just ignored the advice and tried parrying as much as I could but it wasn't working, I could parry a lot of her attacks but I was doing almost no posture damage. I only managed to take her to phase 2 once with this strategy. Then I was like welp let's try the thing the game told me would work. And guess what? It allows you to dunk on that old lady. Not sure if it's cheesy but by side stepping she kinda gets in a loop where she starts attacking but then you sidestep, hit her twice and then repeat over and over and I was consistently able to get to phase 2 having only used 1 gourd at most. Second phase got annoying when she summons the ghosts and I actually run out of snap seeds. After a couple more tries I realized you can just run around and they eventually go away. The sidestep strategy still works but is definitely more demanding as she spawns the butterflies from time to time. Still I got her on like my 4th try after adopting this strategy.

    Finally I decided to keep going in the castle and found the Blazing Bull which is surprinsingly easy to parry, it charges , you hit the parry and then it falls and you get like 2-3 hits in and with my damage it went down pretty fast. Died the first time cause I had no clue it was there and then the camera angles rekt me but nailed that cow on the second try.

    At the end of the day I wen into the Reservoir and found 2 different mini bosses but decided to leave them for tomorrow. I don't even know their names yet but once is on like a well but there's the easiest death blow opportunity I've seen yet. The other dude is on the tower thingy that you meet kuro in at the beginning of the game.

    I'm definitely enjoying the game a huge amount and literally can't wait every day to play it. The first day the game was a bit frustating but after I learned that you need to be aggresive and learn to parry properly the game got very fun. I also learned that the game's explanation of mikiri counter is the most obscure thing. It says to press circle (playing on ps4) when the thrusting attack hits you. Tried doing that and it rarely worked. I either got hit or simply dodged to the side. But you can actually dodge forwards as your opponent thrusts and if their weapon meets your character at any point of that dodgind animation you get the mikiri. From the moment I learned that I haven't missed a single one.

    submitted by /u/Mackie26
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I am supposed to go from here I'm at the bell demon and I can't get to the bridge to my left.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    I'M SO HAPPY, I FINALLY DID IT

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:41 PM PST

    After countless deaths I finally defeated Genichiro Ashina!!!

    Somehow made it with 3 gourds remaining and didn't need to resurrect. By far the most difficult fight in the game, but it is so rewarding to beat this enemy that has killed me so many times!! Can't wait to see what zones are next and what bosses I get to fight after this.

    submitted by /u/KingShrep
    [link] [comments]

    Journalists are a bit late for their reviews don’t you think?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:11 PM PST

    My estimation of height of Sekiro characters

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    We all know Wolf looks kinda short, or the game is full of giants. Well, technically both are correct. We know from interview that Wolf is shrinked down on purpose so player model does not block us from reading enemy movements. Interestingly Wolf is not just shorter, his proportion remained normal, such as his head size. In real life people can be tall or short, but head size rarely differ that much. Here is an image to show what I am talking about. https://i0.wp.com/media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2016/05/CEO_-1.png?fit=975%2C375&ssl=1

    An average NPC is about 1 head over Wolf. That is about 15-20cm. Average Japanese males in Sengoku period are about 1.52m. Considering the NPC is a warrior, lets make him a bit taller, 1.58m. That would make wolf about 1.4m. https://preview.redd.it/r6zz5xe5fwn21.png?width=873&auto=webp&s=8aa59f9bf49aa9e3cded841e5668979926292c56

    But notice how Wolf's head is much smaller, that means he was shrinked from original model with same proportion. NPC's head is about 1.4x taller than Wolf's, but with longer chin than Wolf. Lets say NPC head is 1.35x bigger, that means Wolf should be 1.35x taller originally. Wolf should be 1.89m! He would be quite tall in his original size!

    So what about other people?

    Normal foot soldier is also about Wolf's height, does it mean average man in Sekiro is about 1.4m? Well, they are likely shrinked too. Mobs are shrinked down to not block boss characters for us to read boss movements. Though the shrink is not nearly as severe compared to Wolf. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/shadowsdietwice/images/1/1f/Bandit.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20190429212227

    Note their head to body ratio is bigger than Wolf, meaning they should be shorter regardless.

    Compared to Owl Father, Sekiro reach his elbow height, meaning Father is about 40cm taller or more. It means a bit over 1.8m, which is very imposing in that time, but still normal in modern times.

    Jazou the Drunkard is a bit special, he is a sumo wrestler stereotype, he is probably about 2.3-2.4m tall.

    https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/fXJDNbnS56Y93AcbUFAULi.jpg

    Funny enough Genichiro Ashina is only about a head taller than Sekiro. That puts him around 1.6m, which is still above average, but quite short by our standards.

    submitted by /u/TK3600
    [link] [comments]

    Obligatory finally beat the game post

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:22 PM PST

    I know there's hundreds of these posts but I figured I'd let y'all know that another one beat the game and absolutely loved it. I always saw other people posting daily that they beat SS and it pushed me to keep going. I originally put the game down when I got it because it didn't click with me but I restarted and beat it over the last few weeks. Easily the best swordplay in any game. On to NG+.

    submitted by /u/Tornikit
    [link] [comments]

    No charm is rough...wow

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    I've beaten the game twice with a charm and now I'm stuck on ogre lmfao

    submitted by /u/Beeniemcg
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice- Genichiro Ashina boss fight hard mode (Charmle...

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:27 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment