• Breaking News

    Friday, June 25, 2021

    Sekiro - Basically the whole plot

    Sekiro - Basically the whole plot


    Basically the whole plot

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Beating the final boss without a HUD! Quite an amazing experience, I must say.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Found an Old Meme I Made when Sekiro won Game of the Year

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Isshin the glock saint

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Guardian ape after one parry:

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    And it’s finally here!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    Flying ��️

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    Really want to try fighting Tomoe.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    MFW I meet a new NPC who then gets dragon rot on my next death.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Two things that helped me improve the most

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Everyone has that moment where Sekiro just clicks. Before I got to DoH and the last fight (not to spoil anything) I believed I've even gotten 'too gud' (spoiler, I didn't), because I managed to breeze through monkeys and that one boss that stops your healing in one try.

    But before Lady Butterfly I felt really overwhelmed and out of my place, so here are two things that helped me go from 'I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing" to "I got it."

    1 - Hesitation is defeat

    I know this is a meme on this subreddit and what Isshin tells you when you talk to him, but it's true. Keep hitting the enemy, listen for the sound of them parrying you and then be decisive with your actions. If you hear a red kanji (perilous) attack, don't panic, look at the enemy first and then react. YOU HAVE TIME. Don't panic, don't hesitate, your character is a force of nature, play like it, be confident!

    2 - Take a deep breath and look at the enemy

    Be calm at all times. If you feel overwhelmed you lose. This game lets you take 0 damage in almost every fight by just deflecting properly, meaning that even if you are on 1 hit away from dying, don't let that panic you and run. Attack the enemy, analyze their movement and stay calm. The moment you panic is the moment you leave it up to chance. If you panic, just take a deep breath, reset your mindset and go back in.

    I know that this game has a lot of mechanical intricacies, and of course learning them helps a lot, but for me the main issue was my mental game and feeling overwhelmed. Once I really calmed down and focused on the enemy and not myself is the moment Sekiro "clicked" for me.

    submitted by /u/Stefan474
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro is not an unfair game

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    It's a bit hard but the main issue here is that i SUCK at it

    submitted by /u/Xexos22
    [link] [comments]

    Sunset :D

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    Can’t beat Genichiro... why is that?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys I just played Bloodborne and was surprised I could beat it! It was a challenge though... Bought Sekiro but I've been on Genichiro for maybe 3 weeks? Playing maybe 7 hours a week. Every boss in this game seems to take me more than forever to beat, and at one point I got so upset I cried because the game is so stressful. Should I keep going? Lol 😢

    submitted by /u/abellaaaxoxo
    [link] [comments]

    How to beat the Folding Screen Monkeys in 3 hits

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    The Sword Saint

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    Joined the club today!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    Shadows Dance Twice is the best fan made Sekiro related video in existence - Made by FitzRoy Animations

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

    Seems like there have been loads of these posts lately, but I'm joining in too - I DID IT! I was too busy punching the air to take any good screenshots at the time, so the steam achievements will have to do.

    Absolute euphoria, fantastic game.

    https://preview.redd.it/nz4h8wvd6e771.png?width=845&format=png&auto=webp&s=1c83e62d61f36af5d633fa2d7dd164f4a427d9d2

    submitted by /u/Monoclonal-AB
    [link] [comments]

    which game should i platinum next??

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    My three year adventure with Sekiro: Blood, tears, tranquility, the oxymoron of an easy mode and a whole lot of Mikri counters

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Sekiro was announced during an interesting time for me. I still enjoyed video games, but gradually had less and less time to play them. By the time more and more details had come out about the game and during the weeks leading up to release; I genuinely had no idea what the game was really about other than the bare bones premise.

    I had fallen in love with From Soft's games ever since I bought a used copy of Dark Souls 2 one day, which then turned me to backtracking through all the previous games, buying a PS4 for Bloodborne and paying 15$ extra to play Dark Souls 3 a few days before release.

    When I first booted Sekiro, I was quite impressed by how different yet familiar the experience felt. I was enjoying its setting, art direction, themes - very much enjoyed the combat as well; but something still felt "off" despite everything. I was slowly but surely pushing through the game, but I felt like I was doing something wrong or something wasn't clicking with the flow of the gameplay loop. I pushed through till the return to Ashina Castle, found Owl, chose to obey the Iron Code and locked myself into the Shura ending.

    Almost seven days just struggling against Emma and Isshin. I never beat them and dropped the game.

    It felt bittersweet, really. The idea of leaving a Souls game unbeaten would have been incomprehensible to 2015-2017 me, the same person that got to NG+12 on Dark Souls II, NG+4 on Dark Souls 1 and had platinumed Bloodborne.

    My stance on the game's quality was unchanged. It was so extremely well made; but I was content to accept that quite simply this is all I'm going to get out of it and maybe these types of games just don't work for me the same way they did anymore.

    It was around this time that the accessibility discussion was in full swing. When the same discussion was applied to the souls series, the idea repulsed me because it would betray the thematic core of these games. They are difficult because they need to be, not because they want to be. I was more ambivalent towards the discussion in Sekiro because I didn't feel like the difficulty was so integral to the game's core as it was for previous From games.

    Fast forward to 2021. A lot of things have happened, due to the quarantines happening left and right I found myself getting back into gaming. Sometime in May, a random video called "Sekiro - no hesitation montage",- popped into my YouTube recommended. I was curious, when I was playing the game still high level footage wasn't really a thing. So I clicked.

    I was in awe. The clink and clank of the sword play, the prosthetic tools that I simply never found on my playthrough - the bosses I never fought, the one perfect strike gameplay and the posture play. It felt like this extremely talented player was playing a different game.

    I enjoyed it, then moved on.

    June happens. Elden Ring is shown off and I'm extremely excited, I wanted to play a from soft experience again in anticipation. Should I revisit Drangleic? Yharnam? Lots of questions.

    Then the same video showed up in my recommended one more time. And I knew what must be done.

    I threw the dusty old Sekiro disk into my PS4 again and started a fresh playthrough. I was going to take my time with this playthrough, avoid the Shura ending - and try to play the game like the pros do.

    I was in awe of how much of a better experience the game was now. I realized what was wrong - I was trying to play it like a Souls game. Dodging rather than deflecting, defense over offense. Bosses I would have been stuck on for days I breezed through with a new found understanding of the game.

    And the game's story and themes started to resonate. The idea of an easy mode became more and more heretical to me. Kuro's quest to severe the ties of immortality made so much more sense when I contextualized it with the frustration of dying over and over and over to a frustrating boss or area. It made the game more engrossing.

    Yesterday I beat Isshin Sword Saint after three days of attempts. Now I'm trying to beat the demon of hatred, but instead of the frustration of 2019 and giving up- I'm just more and more motivated to beat what this wonderful game throws at me

    Can't wait for NG+

    submitted by /u/firsttimer776655
    [link] [comments]

    Which pinwheel should I give Kotato?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    In a bit of a dilemma, should I either send him to the afterlife or whatever that is or make him a labourer for the merchant. I know he wants the white pinwheel but is it truly purgatory? Also goes Kotaro later die if I send him to work for the merchant?

    submitted by /u/WhyAmIHere135
    [link] [comments]

    Sophocles, when asked why he does not cheese boss fights

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Guys... I finally believe

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 02:49 AM PDT

    I know it's typical to post when you need advice or to celebrate beating a boss, but, I just have this feeling. I'm not there yet, but I know I'm gonna beat Demon of Hatred. Like, I can almost taste it. I wrote a totally miserable post the other day about how he's too hard (and he is ludicrously hard), but like any boss, I just had to learn his patterns. Now I can sometimes beat phase 1 with like 0 or 1 heals, and have beaten phase 2 a few times without healing much. Phase 3 is fucking me up, but here's the thing: there's only a couple different moves he makes, and it should only take 1 or 2 more sessions with him to get the W.

    Hey, one bit of advice I could use is: Malcontent. I know it stuns him, and I've been saving it up to use in phase 3, but each time I use it there seems to be a weird delay, and he often pulls off an attack even after I've blown the whistle. What should I be doing here? Do I need to get to a safe spot behind him before using it?

    submitted by /u/Medium_Choice_6397
    [link] [comments]

    I think I’ve become obsessed with Sekiro to the point where I can’t enjoy other FromSoft games

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    I just beat Ishin sword Saint for the first time. My plan was to start demon souls on my PS5 after beating Sekiro, but I've become obsessed. I've been doing reflection of strength all day. Should I just do a NG+? The worst part is I'm worried Elden ring won't deliver now, I highly doubt the swordplay will come close to Sekiro.

    submitted by /u/boofedup22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment