• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 12, 2021

    Sekiro - world record

    Sekiro - world record


    world record

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Grappled a little too hard

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    I didn't realise the Generals knew the Mibu Breathing Technique

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Anyone ever noticed Sekiro has two of his swords?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    Even the greatest of man has his weakness.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    What are your opinions on this enemy?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:29 AM PDT

    Reflections on finishing this amazing game...and thoughts about the future.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    I've been a huge fan of the souls series for the past 5-6 years now. Been addicted ever since a friend lent me DS1 in college and I stayed up until 5am trying to beat O&S. I bought Sekiro on Steam about a year back, played it for maybe 2-3 hours and didn't touch it again until two weeks ago (just got busy due to work and truthfully didn't find it to be that engaging at first). Thankfully, I had the last two weeks off and basically binged it for 5-6 hours a day. I can't remember the last time I did that with a game and, I gotta say, it was worth every second (even all those times Isshin capped me with his glock) Overall, the highlights for me were:

    1.) The best combat in the souls series, bar none. While it doesn't have the build diversity of DS, it makes up for it in the crisp and fluid combat system. Everything felt very responsive, the visual/audio feedback from parrying was great and the movement/grappling was quite fluid in comparison to the souls game.

    2.) The feeling when the game "clicks" to you. Most people on the subreddit seem to have a story of when they finally understand how to play. For me, it was after grinding Seven Spears Ashina for several hours and learning how to Mikiri counter and deflect properly from the attack cues. It was when I realized the game is about knowing when to be aggressive and press your advantage whereas, at first, I felt trapped in the souls-like mentality of just reacting to your enemy, dodging in the correct way and then hitting their ankle/butt to counter.

    3.) A real sense of accomplishment when you beat a boss. Most victories felt earned in the sense that it was because I truly understood the bosses' movesets and how to counter them. Sekiro doesn't feel like a game where you can just win a fight because of luck and, most often when I did finally beat a boss, I would go back and fight them again a few times in the Reflection of Strength just to prove to myself that I really did have their pattern down.

    Now, for what I wish they could have done better. I read a comment on this subreddit that Fromsoft basically designed an amazing new combat system and then built a game around it which really rings true to me. I actually think the content for the levels themselves was somewhat lacking (relative to DS) along with the level design itself. For example, after having "got gud" at the game, I realized there's just a few basic enemy types (spear users with lunge attack, generic swordie guys, beasts/animals, samurai general miniboss, fatty miniboss (Juzou) and interior ministry/lone shadow moveset).

    Basically, the most exciting/fun part of the game seems to be the 1v1 boss combat (which I suspect Fromsoft knows given the whole gauntlet of strength addition) but going through the levels itself didn't really feel that exciting in retrospect (apart from maybe the world-building/scenery aspect of them). Due to the 1v1 nature of the combat and the importance of "facing" your opponent, ganks or even dealing with groups of enemies in general just felt like a poor experience. I would have liked to see more platforming incorporated into how to approach fights or just other strategies in general to give make engaging groups of enemies more exciting. I suppose this is what they were trying to get at with the ninjustu skills but I found them pretty gimmicky or very "linear" to use (ie. stealth one guy and puppeteer him and then slice everyone else in the back while they are distracted).

    That being said, I think there's a great system here with a lot of potential. I really hope there's some kind of spiritual successor to the game (assuming there's no direct sequel) where Fromsoft is more ambitious with the level design than relying on the previous DS formula. It'd be a shame if there was no follow-up to these ideas. I have heard folks say Elden Ring might incorporate some mechanics from Sekiro (there seems to be a jump button at least!) but other than that it looks pretty DS inspired so I remain skeptical but obviously hyped nonetheless.

    Anyway, thanks for reading my huge rant/wall of text! Honestly, I'm just excited about having finished the game and wanted to get some thoughts down, haha.

    submitted by /u/moose878
    [link] [comments]

    I thought I was already good at this game, but actually I suck

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    After finishing the game 5 times and being able to beat every single boss at first try I thought that I would be able to go through the game without Kuro's Charm easily. Well, here I am 4 hours trying to get pass through the 2nd phase of Isshin and still.....

    submitted by /u/Sytonic
    [link] [comments]

    MIKIRI, credit goes to my buddy, @TeksTradeShop

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Shura ending as a the default choice (sorry if already said but still might be interesting)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    It's interesting that the Shura ending is given to you as the default choice when talking to owl. But if you're a player who didn't give a fuck about the story and just spammed the dialogue to just kill a boss, It makes perfect sense the Shura ending is the one you get. You were just obcessed with killing and didn't care why you did.

    submitted by /u/AwscarOfAwstora
    [link] [comments]

    Even in NG+2, Still punishing me

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Even in NG+2, Still punishing me

    Literally started a new game plus, NG+2, beat genichiro deflecting everything on the first encounter triggering that shuriken scene.

    On my first playthrough, i died 50 times to this guy, i can believe i had a hard time again

    https://preview.redd.it/asp3zz4vztg71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=2c9a7c86fa2b7e11cce5ac29e3a3226849de8924

    submitted by /u/devSenketsu
    [link] [comments]

    New addition to the living room. Think you'll all appreciate my new canvas!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Sekiro is a mario game

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    You jump on peoples head you platform and you fight a big lizard

    submitted by /u/Dragod0005
    [link] [comments]

    Just beat Genichiro.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    Surprisingly it only took me six or so tries with level two attack power. I got to the final phase and somehow dodged just about everything.

    It was a really fun boss battle, but I worry that I will give up on tougher bosses down the line.

    I'm just wondering if you guys have any helpful advice for me? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Scarecrow276
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you to feuerex, highordie, boom_boom_skrraaa and Kyte_McKraye for their very useful tips, i see the light at the end of the tunnel! Any last tips for this final stage?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    Defeating Isshin charmless, bell demon, no healing every day until Elden Ring is out (day 171)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    160BPM !!! Finally...i don't care abt robertoo tho

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    In the souls series Estus is Sunny D and Ashen Estus is Blue Gatorade, but what's in the Gourd?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    My guess was Island Martini's but there's no paper umbrella.

    submitted by /u/PhaserPanda527
    [link] [comments]

    Resurrection Mod: Great Shinboi Owl - No Hit

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    Whats everyones least favourite boss and why

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Just curious on which boss everyone disliked and why

    submitted by /u/Cash384
    [link] [comments]

    Sekiro - Giant Centipede | its terrifying (4K 60FPS)

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    Just beat owl father!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    Fuck that dumbass bird that kept blocking my view

    submitted by /u/FunnyM0nky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment