• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 8, 2020

    Sekiro - This is looking awfully nice in my living room

    Sekiro - This is looking awfully nice in my living room


    This is looking awfully nice in my living room

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:28 AM PST

    *Laughs in Sekiro*

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:31 AM PST

    "Now my blood boils"

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:34 AM PST

    ww3 meme

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:55 AM PST

    Happened to a friend of mine

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:18 AM PST

    Me after barely beating SSI with 10% hp left, after dying to him 90 times.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Genichiro...here me out....

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:58 PM PST

    Okay, so I absolutely love the game. First time playing a From Software game, I absolutely love the challenges.

    Genichiro in his first form was possible for me, with 9 gourds and all. I experimented, watched videos and just couldn't even come close to his "lighting" form, I however after going back and off for 6 months sat down today. Tried and failed probably 50 attempts, just today. The reason why I'm sharing is because I finally beat him, but I was so excited after the death blow I ran out of room shouting victory only to come back into my room forgetting the sequence of 2-3 death blows (I cannot recall) but I saw myself dead and absolutely heartbroken, and then I saw my final resurrection and grabbed that fucking controller all hot and steamy from nervousness of pulling it off and finished the job. At 30 years old I don't play a lot of games anymore, it was one of the most rewarding moments I've had playing a game in ages. Now I'm stoked for the rest!

    submitted by /u/zenithcrown89
    [link] [comments]

    They’re screwed

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:31 PM PST

    Black Hat Heron

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Anyone?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:37 PM PST

    Maximum clutch

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Owl portrait

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    Big Monk Dude

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:53 PM PST

    Alright, I finally killed this dude, which probably isn't much of an accomplishment in this community, but it was for me since my baby brother liked standing in front of my screen. My accomplishment.

    submitted by /u/The_Cottons
    [link] [comments]

    Disrespecting The Father

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:41 PM PST

    After 3 months , i finally did it.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Animated on wallpapErengine done link in the comments... the wallpaper extends itself beyond the black parts it's just i coudn't record cuz my vertical monitor is just 1080p :c so i just put it there cuz it shows the actual size

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:04 AM PST

    High effort gameplay

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:50 PM PST

    Corrupted Monk Laugh Soundbite Help

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 11:40 PM PST

    Anybody have a video or sound clip of the Corrupted Monk's laugh with no music in the background? Been searching YouTube and other places for hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on my 5th playthrough and I'm not anywhere near the Mibu Village or I would just record it myself.

    submitted by /u/Blackoutbeard
    [link] [comments]

    After spending 76 hours in Sekiro.. souls fighting mechanics are now unbearable, whoops

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:45 PM PST

    HOLY FOOK I DID IT!!!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:52 PM PST

    I JUST BEAT ISSHIN AFTER A WEEK OF TRYING!!! I kept failing so I decided to take a week off, came back today and did it first try... Turns out hesitation was defeat for me until I got good and beat up the most fucking awesome boss of all time

    submitted by /u/Dorian458
    [link] [comments]

    I have a theory about Sekiro I've been thinking about

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    I finished Sekiro the other day and have been pondering the story, characters, and lore ever since. I've conjured up a theory I've been tinkering with that may not explain the direction of the story but could be an indicator of what to expect in a follow up as well as the influences.

    I will admit I'm not extensively knowledgeable on a lot of the subject matter I will be noting here, which is why I wanted to get some discussion going and garner the insights of others.

    The following may contain spoilers as it will contain end game content and dive into some of the game's endings, please read at your own caution.

    In a nutshell, I think Sekiro's story is heavily influenced by the real historical events regarding Christianity in Japan.

    The overarching plot of resurrection and eternal life being the first thing that comes to mind. I'm still thinking over a direct connection, but those within the dragon's heritage will always come back from the dead. To be a Christian is to believe in eternal life, the story of the messiah's resurrection, and is generally a theme found in both the Bible and in Sekiro.

    Sekiro takes place during the Sengoku period of Japan's history ranging from 1467 - 1600. Christianity first found its way into Japan in 1549, so the time lines do match up.

    I'm going to throw some bullet points out of the various indicators of Christianity making its way into Japan and how it may have influenced the story of Sekiro.

    • The Divine Dragon came from the west and, as said in the game, does not belong in the east. Christianity was brought to Japan from the west
    • Resurrection and rebirth are an overarching theme. Not long after Isshin dies he is reborn as a "Saint" though saints aren't exclusively Christian they're heavily connected.
    • In the final battle with Isshin he uses a pistol. Guns were first introduced to Japan by the Europeans who would soon return with Christian Missionaries only a few years later. I believe Isshin was influenced by Oda Nobunaga, quote, "He also became the patron of the Jesuit missionaries in Japan and supported the establishment of the first Christian church in Kyoto in 1576, although he never converted to Christianity" and "He collected pieces of Western art as well as arms and armor".
    • Only Ashina soldiers had guns and cannon like weapons (excluding the flamethrower type weapon used by the other shinobi).
    • The inner ministry was making its way into Ashina possibly due to the "ban (on) Christianity in domains governed directly by the shogunate".
    • In the true ending the Heir was magically placed within the Divine Child of Rejuvenation, making her seem pregnant. A parallel to the Virgin Mary perhaps.
    • In the true ending Sekiro and the Divine Child of Rejuvenation leave for a Journey to the West to return the Divine Dragon to its proper home. Christianity came from the west, so the next game may take place in Europe.

    I feel I'm forgetting a few of the other things that came to mind as I thought of this, I'll update the bullets as they come to me.

    I'm not saying Christianity is exactly in the game wholesale, but that a lot of the themes and happenings are based on the history.

    Thoughts? I'd love for others to throw their ideas in, maybe help cultivate this one even more. After some searching I can't find mention of this connection anywhere else.

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/HappyGrandPappy
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts after beating Sekiro

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:34 PM PST

    Literally the most frustrating, rage inducing, on edge, always stressed about what's coming next ass game I've ever played. The game is literally more about preserving because of how difficult it is than it is about having fun. The only moments I found myself excited were the ones in which I killed an enemy I was stuck on. The sense of relief and gratification is something only a game this difficult could give you. While I was fighting sword saint isshin I swore I would snap the disc after beating him so I would never be able to play again if I was tempted. But the sense of relief and gratification after beating such as tough opponent won me over in the end. Well worthy of Game of the Year.

    submitted by /u/RavenUziVertical
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment