• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 4, 2021

    Sekiro - Damn it Toreto!

    Sekiro - Damn it Toreto!


    Damn it Toreto!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    The King of Sunken Valley.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    I haven't stopped staring at the wall where this lays because it is absolutely gorgeous

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    Bruh, took me 5 playthrough's to find this

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    After dying to this bitch for 2 hours straight I finally got him!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    FML. Just spend 8 hours fighting Ishin the sword saint for the first time. Finally beat him, severed his head, and then the game crashed.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    The Truth

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    Corrupted Monk... More like Corrupted Punk

    submitted by /u/MrPieman2310
    [link] [comments]

    snake eyes doesn't know what to do

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 11:43 PM PDT

    Just beat the game, this is by far my favorite FromSoftware game

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    I played DS and DS3 a few years ago and hated them and gave up because I was having literally no fun. I then got Bloodborne included in PS+ collection when I got my PS5, so I played through and enjoyed it a bit more than DS, so I at least beat it. But I didn't really love any of these, and at worst I despised them.

    I got Sekiro with some trepidation, due to my lackluster opinion of the other FromSoftware games, but I saw the cool swordplay and the art/world and it looked like it was worth taking a shot at given that it's 50% off on the Steam sale.

    25 hours later, I beat it, and I loved (almost) all of it. I doubt these are new opinions on this subreddit, but I thought I'd write down why I think Sekiro is great, in case others who weren't big fans of FromSoftware's other games see it.

    1. The game uses all sorts of colors! Dark Souls and Bloodborne were just so dismal in their color palette selection that after a hard day's work, coming back to look at inky browns and blacks was just not appealing, but Sekiro uses white, blue, pink, red, everything! It's a beautiful world and it actually made me enjoy moving around it.
    2. Mobility is an order of magnitude more powerful in Sekiro. In previous games, you couldn't even jump, but in Sekiro, you have the use of the grappling hook as well, which makes traversal so much less dreary and allows for more creative level design. I rarely felt stuck or like I was walking through endless corridors in Sekiro.
    3. Checkpoints are placed right outside boss (and even miniboss) rooms in almost every case. The slog of having to spend a minute or two running past enemies just to get back to the boss really tested my patience, but in Sekiro I was always back at the boss within 15 seconds.
    4. Don't have to farm for healing items. Bloodborne made me spend money on healing vials, which was super annoying.
    5. Skills feel fresh and often they allow for new playstyles and character progression in a much more engaging way than just fiddling with stats in a number board.
    6. No stamina bar. There is a posture bar, but you can mitigate the buildup of that by deflecting. The lack of a stamina system means I can sprint around the world continuously, and I can attack as much as I want - the punishment is not suddenly being unable to do literally anything; the danger of over-commitment serves as an adequate deterrent to spamming.
    7. The deflection system is excellent. I don't have to rely as heavily on guessing i-frames and dodging around, because at any point, I can hit a single button and block attacks. The fact that I'm blocking never feels like it's slowing things down like it does in Dark Souls.
    8. There's a real story that isn't only told through item descriptions. There's characters and cutscenes and the characters are motivated. This is pretty far down the list, but it's a nice plus.

    Of course, that's not to say I had no complaints, but I don't think they're that important.

    1. What's the point of dragonrot? Feels like a random tacked on mechanic - we're already punished for dying by losing sen and XP.
    2. Why not have spirit emblems not automatically replenish when you rest? There's two situations as it stands: either you have way too many spirit emblems, in which case the mechanic is effectively pointless, or you have to farm/buy more, which isn't fun.
    3. I wish there were more "real" bosses instead of the onslaught of minibosses we have. Monkeys and Divine Dragon might have been replaced with actual combat mechanics instead of what we had. I did adore almost all the boss fights though.
    4. The camera for a few fights was a real challenge. The fights in the Lady Butterfly room and the fight with the guy in the starting area of Ashina Reservoir were aggravating.

    Overall I also got help by looking at previous threads on this subreddit, so thank you folks for being helpful with strategies!

    submitted by /u/FriendLeather8450
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my first new game plus

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    2 weeks in. Still not beating chained ogre.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    Don't get greedy!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    So I was on the final phase of NG+ Isshin. His posture is gone, and I have no health left. So what happens? I get greedy and try to sneak an extra hit in ... then he destroys me (again! 🤣😂🤣). I'll be surprised if I don't get him within the next few games though!

    submitted by /u/N81975
    [link] [comments]

    art

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 05:41 PM PDT

    Just got all the achievements today.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Baba naber

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Which controls should I use keyboard or xbox controller?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    I'm just starting and wanted to know what is better.

    submitted by /u/Tofu_2
    [link] [comments]

    These boss fight ends are so satisfying ⚡�� Lady butterfly took me 5 attempts ��

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Seven Deadly Frames

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    So I was trying to turn Sekiro into a dancing game the other night..

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Dear Diary

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    Today I killed a chained ogre on only my third try. Thank God I found that flame vent. I also managed to rush into a group of soldiers straight after, kill them all, run away, backstab the general and then kill him without dying at all! What a great start of the day that was. I was feeling brave so I travelled all the way to Lady butterfly to go and kill that bitch. I died. Guess she's still that bitch.

    So I headed back to Ashina to go and continue on my epic journey to find the Young Lord. I ran away from a big snake but it found me :(

    I thought about taking the other route but it said "how can you behead what is already headless" that was enough for me. So here I am running away from a snake again. I thought these motherfuckers were blind.

    Anyway, the sculptor is coughing funny again. I hope he's okay

    submitted by /u/Ayy4K
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people find the hidden tooth useless?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    I see this as one of the more useful items especially if your not that good at the game yet

    submitted by /u/phantom1117
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment