• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Sekiro - Every. Single. Time.

    Sekiro - Every. Single. Time.


    Every. Single. Time.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:29 AM PST

    Damn, this Sekiro DLC is looking good af

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:47 AM PST

    I FINALLY BEAT ISSHIN

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 11:54 AM PST

    When you clap your teleporting old man and get your favorite skin

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:37 PM PST

    This is my first From Software game

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:58 PM PST

    And WOW my heart has never raced so much during gameplay in my life. It's exhilarating as fuck - every time I beat a mini boss I pop off in a huge fit of excitement. I think I understand some of the appeal of these games now. They're difficult as fuck, and you're going to die a lot, but the feeling of pushing past your previous limits is INCREDIBLE.

    That being said I'm still on the first map (did a lil' explorin' with the second but I needed to take a break) and I finally got past the chained ogre only to be faced with am even TOUGHER challenge with that general. And after THAT???

    jesus CHRIST this game nearly gave me a heart attack 🤣🤣🤣

    Well done, From Software.

    Well done.

    Edit: Thank you for silver! 😭

    submitted by /u/somethingpigs
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to sneak up on the chickens in Ashina outskirts

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:07 PM PST

    I was told most enemies couldn’t climb...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:23 PM PST

    All the mini bosses ranked by me

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:11 PM PST

    23 Mist Nobel:

    Where do I begin! This is the biggest pain in the game! First off; how the hell do you even get up to this guy!? I used a tree branch I definitely wasn't supposed to and only found the correct path on NG+3. But as tough as a fight as this is, he's fun to beat the shit out of.

    1/10 TOO HARD

    22 Samurai Generals:

    Aside from the posture tutorial one at the start of the game (who is a complete pushover) they all serve as mini boss, posture and sweep attack tutorials until the one at the foot of Ashina castle who is just a gank but an easy one that can be dealt with in 30 seconds... UNLIKE Yamauchi who is fought right after the Chained Ogre and is surrounded by nearly all enemies types you've found up to this point. That and there's a small guy who alerts everyone if he sees you. Ironically, this area is easier to take out if you come from the bridge side instead of the stairway side. Besides the gank, the boss is easy, the only thing that ever hits me from these bosses now is when they delay their swing, which is tricky anyways.

    3/10 Tutorial bosses

    21 Okami Leader Shizu:

    This is just a regular enemy... I only died on my first playthrough because I was feeling like a badass and didn't need to heal my 1HP after killing all the Okami girls. I died immediately. But this girl can't do anything when you get to her. It's just over.

    3/10 I will swim where I want!!

    20 Shinobi hunter Enshin of Misen:

    This boss is a gank with a Mikiri counter tutorial. The boss is simple but his thrust feel extremely fast on my repeat playthroughs. It's like the boss wants you to wait for him, however, I don't wanna.

    4/10 tutorial boss

    19 Snake Eyes:

    You know, I don't have much of a problem with this boss. That grab is dumb but can easily be dodge away from or deflected last minute, the former easier and you can just stay aggressive as possible until she deflects.
    The problem are these girls friends who love to shoot you! In the poison pool you can take them all out easily and maybe even turn one into a puppet to give the Snake eyes a taste of her own medicine but you'll have to stay out of the fight until they expire or risk getting blown up. Shirafuji isn't that big of a problem unless you move her over to the right side of the cliff, in which case she has a gunner just below the cliff waiting to spot you that I never even noticed until NG+3.

    4/10 you knew what kind of a boss you were making.

    18 Shichime Warriors:

    All of them are the same. Spam TERROR. They are annoying if you have no idea what you're doing, but they become pushovers with the umbrella and divine confetti. Oh and if you got anti air deathblow and confetti on and just so happen to be close to the warrior, HAVE FUN :D

    4/10 Terror sucks, these guys can be pushovers

    17 The Drunkards:

    Another gank, but there is a silver lining. First off, I'm putting Juzous rematch in a different because he's fought twice and the fights are different from each other and the rematch feels a bit better. First off, all the drunkards are ganks, that is a fact. Juzou does have two ways around this. You can sneak to the left and take out at least three of the enemies in the gank and also use that hallway as a way to break agro. The second way is to go behind the building completely to make everyone forget you're there and get more stealth blows on the little guys and maybe Juzou. There's also an Ashina elite here that'll help you in battle, making the fight even easier, even if you don't kill the little guys. Juzou's fighting style has long windups and long recovery, meaning that hit and run strategies work wonders. And now that I think about it, the only thing that makes each drunkard feel differently is their choice of henchman. Sad really that the fights are really about the henchman. Tokujiro is the least difficult of all of them, you can get a stealth blow easily and take out all his monkeys or turn them all against each other all though a puppet is more sturdy. Shigekichi just has endgame damage and burn chip on his side but you can just stall until his burn status runs out. Not only that, but if you play smart, you don't even need to bother with the drunkard. Just fight the little guys and make them into puppets and they'll deal a huge bunch of damage to him. This is what I did the first time I fought him and it was a little entertaining with just one guard ripping 50% of his health away before the puppet timer ran out. Imagine getting at least three puppets on the guy.

    5/10 more fun to watch puppets gank them

    16 Headless (underwater):

    The "easy" headless. And ya... it's way easier. It's hard to even get killed by this guy. You can actually move.

    5/10 kinda boring.

    15 Headless (Actual fights):

    FUCK TERROR

    I haven't even died to terror that much but still... fuck terror... this is the cheapest boss in the game. They slow you unless you hit them, you can't harm them unless you got divine confetti, they deal terror if you don't perfectly deflect their slow delayed attacks, they have ranged bullshit bullets that deal terror, they teleport and they have a perilous where they rip your soul out of your ass. Yes, that is what's happening. Don't question it. Sekiro has more than one soul. The only headless I actually had fun fighting was the one in Sunken Valley. The others where just, meh. The umbrella can help if you run out of confetti though.

    6/10 maybe 7/10 idk. They're a chore.

    14 Headless duo (underwater):

    Ok this one is only difficult because there is two. I had no idea I could kill the apparition one on the left first and deal with the main one because I didn't even bother going over there. I just figured I'd kill the closest one and deal with the other one after. Turns out if you kill the main headless the apparition just disappears. So I did this the hard way. But at least it forces you to think more about where and when you want to attack

    6/10 It's still headless.

    13 Long Arm Centipedes:

    The second deflect test, it's just fun to test if I can keep the timing on charmless, but if you're not on charmless just block dancing can beat this guy. They just kill themselves and you never even have to hit them until you kill them.

    6/10 deflect test

    12 Chained Ogre: Behold! Probably the #1 reason people rage quit this game.

    To me the chained ogre felt like he could've been the first boss of the game, that's how strong he is and while I was never personally yeeted off the mountain, tons of other people were. The boss is pretty much a skill check for people, a tutorial for grabs and incentive to go back to the temple and unlock Hirata Estate, though I'm pretty sure most people didn't do that before this boss. His grabs, mostly his lunge grab, have ridiculously huge range! And I didn't even realize I could parry any of his attacks that weren't grabs my first playthrough. I just kept side stepping the entire fight and chipping away his health. At least in the first fight you have a staircase and some elbow room to work with, but the rematch... no, you don't. You're in a small room with only a pillar to help break agro and while you can just stand behind the door to sabimaru and chip away at him, that's boring. You can bring a red guard puppet in to help or even wait until the endgame where the guards just swarm him and help you out but nothing is more satisfying than taking this jerk down yourself and showing him how far you've come after being thrown into orbit at the beginning of the game.

    6/10 boss just because you get a chance to run your skill in his face. Yes, RUN IT IN! STRAIGHT TO HIS BRAIN!!!

    11 Blazing/Sakura Bull:

    The bane of new players that beat the first boss' existence. The bull seems to never stop moving. The weak point would seem to be the hind legs right? You are dead wrong. I thought this my first fight too until I realized the guy won't stop moving. You can do this strategy, but it's unwise and time consuming. You could use the firecrackers you just bought but those don't always work if you spam them and you have a limited amount. The best way to beat the bull is to bait him to charge! When he lowers his head to hit you, deflect! A perfect deflect staggers him and you get you get at least three free hits. What makes him harder? Well he deals fire chip damage... so even a perfect deflect is gonna hurt you and that early in the game, it's gonna be a pain if you mess up and deal with his normal damage on top of chip damage for doing the correct thing. But once you know what to do, you can just do it until he dies. The Sakura bull is exactly the same except for the fact that it's guarded by some archers and can be stealth deathblowed from above to shave off a bunch of health or if you're sneaky you can throw firecrackers behind it to make it panic and kill itself.

    6/10 it's good but only a challenge the first time

    10 Lone Shadow Longswordsman:

    Why is this guy named this? So this guy is looking for you to kill you in the first room of the game. You can stealth deathblow him from above or just walk out in front of him like a badass and he'll prepare for a fight. This is the second Lone Shadow we face in the game and the first to be a mini boss. Only thing about this guy is, he's not the boss... ITS THE GOD DAMN CAMERA IN THIS SMALL ENCLOSED AREA!! If your unfamiliar with Lone Shadows attacks, the camera will screw you over and you'll get eviscerate by a flurry of stylish kicks. That being said he's just a glorified Lone Shadow but a decent challenge if you're feeling like a badass.

    6.5/10 screw the camera in this small room

    9 Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear-Bearer:

    This guys gimmick is dogs, but they're not very helpful at all especially if you use a whistle in them. The guy thinks you killed his lone shadow sibling but it was really the Tengu, so he fights all out and even uses the biggest risk-reward sugar to try and strike us down as quickly as possible. Again the camera is our enemy but you can lure this guy out of his fighting area and he just becomes useless and just deflects infinitely but eventually you'll break him. But it's a lone shadow, what are you gonna do? Not face them in a fair fight?

    Hey why do all the Shadows have one arm? Is it so they don't become Shura? That's dark.

    7/10 At least it's not in the well.

    8 Lone Shadow Vilehand:

    The scummiest of the shadows. This guy had a buddy waiting for you to walk through the door and ambush you, but you could make a puppet out of him and make it a fair fight again. Vilehand had poison and a gank friend and that's about it. But if you didn't realize it and you walked in, good luck to you my friend.

    7/10 It's a lone shadow... I'm gonna give it a high rating

    7 Seven Spears (Night):

    The most unfair gank just because this guy and his samurai friends move compliment each other way too well, but if you take out his friend via sneaking or getting him thrown off a cliff it's just Seven Spears fight all over again. Luckily there's a hurt soldier you could use to restore some health on the ground... oh wait I never used that. Anyways, stealthing back and forth can be a chore if you want the free deathblow.

    7/10 Prove you can beat the shit out of Genichiro!!

    6 Lone Shadow Masanaga the Spear-Bearer-Hirata:

    Masanaga is the same here except he can call infinite wolves that could be a problem, you can let him do this to get an item off and maybe some free health off the wolves but his windup to the whistle is so long I like just hitting him and continuing the fight. Nothing changes except you need to beware the area you fight in because it's on fire.

    7/10 It's a fire fight.

    5 Seven Spears Toshikatsu:

    The first spear you face will probably be a tough one. He has delayed attacks, a delayed thrust that will hurt if you don't realize and Mikiri right away and pretty much forces you to watch what he does and react. This whole boss is reaction based, you get almost no chances for free hits until you counter him.

    7/10 decent skill check

    4 Juzou-Rematch:

    JUZOU IS BACK AND BIGGER THAN EVER... SOMEHOW.

    This time, Juzou has all his friends and a lone shadow with him. But you got the ability to make puppets now. Ideally, you'll want to take out the lone shadow and archers first because they're the biggest threats and also your best allies. Juzou is the same but his new friends make it more of a challenge and more fun to kill him if you turn them into your friends.

    7.5/10 I got friends

    3 Armored Warrior:

    Don't know why I love this boss, but it feels fun to deflect his EXTREMELY ERRATIC AND DELAYED ATTACKS and then kick him off the bridge. His story is sad and I feel bad for him but his fight is entertaining.

    8/10 ROBERRRRRT!!!!

    2 O'Rin of the Water:

    This girl is a deflect test, either keep up with her rhythm or face the consequences of your progress being reset. And those remnants saying to use poison on her? Ya, it doesn't help. You HAVE to play by O'Rin's rules, but that's not a bad thing. It's fun to wait for her and then stomp her head for huge posture damage or kick straight through her ghost hat. Her story is sad too, but at least it has a somewhat uplifting ending.

    9/10 Fun deflect dance

    1 Ashina Elites:

    Jinsuke... Behold! The deflect skill check! And you'll need it before Genichiro. This guy spams Ashina Cross but this fight feels intense. He's also an introduction to chip damage if you're in your first playthrough. My first playthrough, I thought I was perfect deflecting his attacks. I wasn't. I had to resort to sidestepping to the left everytime he attacked to beat him, but on my NG+ playthroughs I ONLY deflect the guy. And it is SOOO satisfying to do so. He's just fun to deflect. The endgame one isn't any different except for being afraid of fire and letting you bring puppets to the fight.

    9/10 Deflecting makes you feel like a badass

    submitted by /u/MaleficTekX
    [link] [comments]

    It felt so good to make this bastard my puppet

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:10 PM PST

    Beat the Demon of Hatred!!!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:58 PM PST

    Amazing boss. I never want to fight him again.

    submitted by /u/omeletincollegg
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the Purple Ninjas only fight with one arm?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:24 PM PST

    At the mid game after getting ingredients for the aroma but before the Divine Dragon fight these purple ninjas from the Interior Ministry show up and I noticed they only fight with one arm.

    Surely they can't all have lost their left arms right? So does anyone know why they fight with their right arm to such an extent that we don't even see they're left?

    Maybe just to flex on you when they kill you one handed I guess

    submitted by /u/Technosyko
    [link] [comments]

    Would you all judge me if I turned off hardships and bell curse to fight Isshin? ����

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:29 PM PST

    Chip damage hurts

    submitted by /u/K_Dareezy
    [link] [comments]

    Surpass the Limits

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:39 AM PST

    ARE YOU CHARMLESS? IS THE HEADLESS APE IMPOSSIBLE? THIS TIP IS FOR YOU

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 09:15 PM PST

    So you just decided to do a charmless run. Good for you. Little do you know, the hardest fight is not the Sword Saint, nor is it Demon of Hatred, ITS THE MOTHERFUCKIN' HEADLESS APE.

    Dear God, please hope to shit you haven't killed the guardian ape yet. If you haven't, thank your lucky stones.

    Natural game progression typically dictates that you fight Guardian Ape before you fight Corrupted Monk. However, you're gonna flip the bird to "natural game progression" and fight the Corrupted Monk first.

    By doing this, Headless Ape moves from a required boss into an optional one.

    If you don't believe me that the Ape duo is the hardest, ignore this and give it a try yourself. Post results.

    Godspeed.

    submitted by /u/Distant_Chortle
    [link] [comments]

    I got gud

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:17 PM PST

    After playing an immense amount of the Souls series, I picked up Sekiro shortly after its release. While I was generally pretty good at the game, I was a bit intimidated by how central parrying had suddenly become, something that always seems so difficult in the Dark Souls games. I had, however, become extremely adept at playing Souls without a shield and exclusively dodging. So I found myself attacking Sekiro in the same way, I could tell that I was not playing in the exact intended way, I could tell that certain enemies were being defeated easier than they should've been because I was sort of circumventing the intended combat.

    For a time, exclusively dodging was serving me very well. A few bosses proved difficult but I was proceeding through the game. And then came the Guardian Ape. This guy ruined my experience of the game to the point where I stopped playing altogether. He was like the craziest boss I've ever seen before. The amount of frustration I endured was really extreme. It was somehow hopelessly difficult even to get through the first phase of the fight. I grinded and grinded and used up my entire stock of spirit emblems, and that really just depressed the hell out of me. I had amassed quite a lot and a bit recklessly used up all of them in my desperation to find ways to take on the ape. I hated that goddamn ape so much. It had ruined the game that I had been enjoying. I put it down for six months.

    Recently I played through bloodborne, and once I was done I was just hungry for more From/Miyazaki, so I decided to give Sekiro one more try. And this time through I decided to focus a lot more on parrying and deflection right from the beginning. I was doing all right, I was definitely getting better, though it was still a bit difficult.

    But the big change came during the Genichiro fight - when I got gud. I had only been holding down L1 to do my blocking, and I was doing pretty well. But then I remember that if you tap it at the exact moment of impact, instead of holding it, it's better for your posture and worse for the enemies. So I started tapping the hell out of L1 - And all of the sudden, from that point on, I quickly started taking control of every single fight situation I was in. I was suddenly in control. I could sense how with this technique in my arsenal, it actually wouldn't be difficult to take on any boss. Finally playing the game The way it wanted me to play it.

    I knew something special was happening because I was dying over and over to Genichiro, but was experiencing the opposite of frustration, I was really really enjoying myself. I didn't mind dying over and over, I was happy to do it, it was actually at this point just really fun to engage in the game's combat at all. I could tell this was a very good sign.

    And now I finally got to the guardian ape again, the furthest I ever got in the game. And on my first try I got to his second phase. I've been playing him a few more times, and he certainly is a very difficult boss, but I absolutely feel that this is within my grasp. It won't take me long before he's done. My crushing vexation is a thing of the past.

    Feels gud.

    submitted by /u/Cagliostro2
    [link] [comments]

    Poor Genichiro :(

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:11 PM PST

    Just bought it I played dark souls remastered bloodborne and demons souls remake I’m exited for this but also kinda scared

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:10 AM PST

    I just got mortal blade and i cant go back to ashina?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:51 AM PST

    I just got the mortal blade but i can no longer teleport to anywhere near the ashina castle area, please help i dont know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Chocolate_Spaghet
    [link] [comments]

    He’s got a point...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 09:29 AM PST

    How long did it take you to get "good" at Sekiro?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 03:01 PM PST

    I've played all other big soulsborne games, figured I'd get good at Sekiro pretty quickly. I parry most enemies in those games too. How wrong I was! The deflection mechanic in sekiro is brutal to say the least! I just beat the big dude in the bird with a spear, so I'm moving through the game, but I definitely wouldn't say I'm "good" at deflections. What is y'all's experience?

    I try to deflect when the enemy starts to swing their weapon at me, unless it's slower attack on which case I wait a bit.

    submitted by /u/_aTokenOfMyExtreme_
    [link] [comments]

    Just another story about someone who was stuck on a specific boss for far too long only to come in and beat it first try.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Literally haven't progressed in this game since December, granted I've mixed it with going back and am almost done with DS2SOTFS for the first time and with playing the other 2 Souls game. But I got hella stuck with the corrupted monk, the real one that gaurds Fountain Head Palace.

    Man, I could never could get past her, no matter how long I tried. Then I literally hopped on today and on my first go, I die within 30 seconds, so I'm like "Well shit, okay I guess I'll just use this as a practice run to getting back into sync" Next thing I know, I got her down to half health on the 3rd phase and I died again, I almost didn't want to waste one of my Resurrections but I said F* it, I'll do it anyways.

    I get her posture & health bar almost there but then I realized that I'm down to 0 gourds, 0 pellets and a quarter of health left, one false move and it's over. I don't know what happened inside me but I went full aggressive and to my surprise it worked, I hit her with the spin move, got greedy, did it again and right as she went to hit me, I threw in one more regular slash and BOOM! Holy Snap Crackle And Pop, Rice Crispy Treats!!! I got her!!!

    I scared tf outta my dog yelling and jumping around doing the absolute most with my victory dance, you don't even know. Fuck that bitch, if I can skip her on my next playthrough, you sure bet I will.

    PSA: This is my first playthrough.

    submitted by /u/filmorebuttz
    [link] [comments]

    Try not using prosthetics for Great Owl , focus on deflects and managing your posture

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 06:54 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment