• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Sekiro - A game for everyone

    Sekiro - A game for everyone


    A game for everyone

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:56 PM PST

    Yeah! that's the spot shinobi of the divine heir

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:17 AM PST

    I think there's common between these final bosses lol! :D

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:44 AM PST

    Finally killed this bastard

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:31 AM PST

    It was probably flying over Ashina

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Sekiro x Dororo (unknown artist)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:30 PM PST

    So I just finally beat Sword Saint

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:01 PM PST

    That's it, I just feel really good about myself. Got it after a couple of weeks, practicing every now and then. What a game.

    submitted by /u/Avaruustonttu
    [link] [comments]

    If you need help with Isshin the Sword Saint, feel free to check out this guide with tips.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:36 PM PST

    TIL parrying shurikens can deal posture damage

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:57 AM PST

    Martial Arts Nerds: On the Mikiri Counter

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:19 AM PST

    Last night, while reading Dave Lowry's The Karate Way: Discovering the Spirit of Practice, I arrived at chapter 19: Mikiri. The chapter covers the concept of mikiri, which he translates literally as "cutting with the body," in traditional Japanese martial arts. The author opens the chapter with some remarks about an exercise a set of partners can use to develop the following skill:

    ...a way of dealing with an attack in a way other than blocking it.

    He goes on to explain the purpose of the rather fiddly exercise he described earlier:

    The purpose of this exchange, along with other exercises connected to the development of mikiri, is to avoid an attack by shifting out of its path, simultaneously keeping yourself close enough to be in position to make a good counter... The trick is to retreat or evade, but to stay within range so you can respond once you have avoided or nullified your opponent's attack."

    Considering the execution of the Mikiri Counter in gameplay - stay close, dodge toward your opponent rather than away - it seems this is another example of Sekiro's surprisingly deep literacy in traditional martial arts techniques. Those of us who practice iaido, for example, likely found the attacks of the Ashina fencers to be quite familiar. The more conceptual application of mikiri, however, is even more satisfying to a practitioner of a traditional martial art.

    The animation of the counter further amplifies this contextual literacy - the counter involves a subtle dodging step that allows Sekiro to stay within range to respond immediately to the attack. Throughout the chapter, the author notes the subtle, small distances involved in the exercises and the real application of developed mikiri in sparring and combat. The game, based on this reading, nails it.

    submitted by /u/FranzAndTheEagle
    [link] [comments]

    Try Jumping

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 12:16 AM PST

    Demon Of Hatred Flawless (No prosthetic tools/Combat arts/Items)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:03 PM PST

    Saw this sekiro essay/ analysis only had 300 or so views, and i decided to promote it. It's an entertaining video that makes a lot of great points so check it out, and give the creator some love for me

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:40 PM PST

    Uhhh ok

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:41 PM PST

    Is it just me or does Wolf struggle a bit if you goomba stomp owl and initiate a deathblow?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:02 PM PST

    Was fighting bosses randomly while trying new skills, I stomped his sweep attack and broke his posture. Lead to what looked like Wolf struggling alittle to get the deathblow in cuz Owl is a pretty big dude. It connected pretty cool with the kill animation afterwards.

    Reminds me that someone posted a few days ago I read a post that said in Japanese when you kill Owl, Wolf says "Shadowfall technique" and Owl does a similar kill animation as you do when he mikiri counters you. I dunno probably vaguely linked, or could be nothing, but this game is cool with how the characters are connected to the world and eachother, thought I'd share.

    submitted by /u/ImperatorDanny
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for GS-O?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:26 PM PST

    I tried to mask the name so I didn't spoil it for anyone.

    I'm at the Great Shinobi- Owl fight in Ashina Castle, and I've been stuck here for two days and like 80 attempts. I must have explored every corner of the game looking for something that could help me, but I'm still fighting him.

    Unfortunately, I missed the Tengu and apparently Isshin doesn't gain his dialogue until after the invasion, so I can't use the mortal blade attack.

    I've gotten close twice, but usually I die in the first deathblow. If I survive, I usually almost get him.

    I don't know, I'm lost. Dodging through the attacks seems to work differently in this game vs Soulsborne, too, so I keep getting clipped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/thekingdtom
    [link] [comments]

    Weeb Fantasies and the Armored Warrior

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Forgive me for this low-quality shitpost, but it must be done.

    You know how pop-culture (at least, at a certain point) was all: Katanas are so much better than western swords, they can cut through other swords, literal masterworks of engineering, also european knights were dumb morons while samurai were literal gods of war etc. etc.

    Then Sekiro comes along and says: I got no time for these weeb fantasies, and straight up drops the Armored Warrior on our asses, who literally cannot be hurt by our toothpick of a sword and has probably wasted hundreds of wanna-be samurai.

    Always kinda liked that contrast.

    tl,dr: Armored Warrior is a chad who doesn't give no fucks about stereotypes.

    submitted by /u/ThePykeSpy
    [link] [comments]

    I mean business, fellers.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:20 AM PST

    Just Got Sekiro!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Excited to play! New to Souls games, started with this because of the combat system and Feudal Japan design. Super hyped, anything I should know?

    submitted by /u/EchoPerson14
    [link] [comments]

    Have you all seen this! Give a like and sub

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 12:21 AM PST

    A year ago, I stopped playing because Lady Butterfly was kicking my ass. Now, I’ve finally beat her and a few more. Next up is the guardian ape

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:14 AM PST

    Shadows die twice? Nah, shadows get all the achievements twice.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 10:57 PM PST

    Time to answer this once and for all: Hardest Boss?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:59 PM PST

    Check out my little showcase on new loneshadow minibosses of Sekiro: RESURRECTION mod. Link in comments. And the Beta is live on nexus you can try it out if you like.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:50 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment